Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

9 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I'm even fuzzier on Syvaneth. Did they get anything other than Allarielle?

Actually most Syvaneth models are new AoS Models. The only models coming from WHFB were Branchwraith (old Drycha), Dryads and the 3 Treelord Models.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Sigwarus said:

Keeping the double turn is the best news so far. It gives you tactical choices. Now I hope for some small tweaks in the terrain rules. More things than giving cover for the generic terrain. 

I'm of two minds on this.

I think the changes are good.  They take steps in a good direction that deepens the mechanic.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

On the other hand I worry about the endless spell mechanic forcing people into a second turn.  

I don't know if this is a valid concern so i'm not worried about it, but I see potential for lists to build around this dynamic.

2 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Actually most Syvaneth models are new AoS Models. The only models coming from WHFB were Branchwraith (old Drycha), Dryads and the 3 Treelord Models.

Thanks. Actually, now that I think about it, I knew that Drycha was new too. So also new was Kurnoth hunters, *-revenants and the Branchwych. So they did some significant expansion of old stuff in the early days(I'd almost count fyreslayers, even though they didn't bring models over) and now they seem to be picking it up again.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Thanks. Actually, now that I think about it, I knew that Drycha was new too. So also new was Kurnoth hunters, *-revenants and the Branchwych. So they did some significant expansion of old stuff in the early days(I'd almost count fyreslayers, even though they didn't bring models over) and now they seem to be picking it up again.

Yeah, the only factions that were pushed through without new models, but getting a battletome were Seraphon, Skaven Pesilens, Flesh-Eater Courts, Bonesplitterz, Beastclaw Raiders and Legion of Nagash.

39 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

By "most", you mean the Kurnoth Hunters, the Spite Revenants/Tree Revenants and Drycha, right? They got the Daughters of Khaine treatment: two new units and one new character. Or Daughters got the Sylvaneth treatment. 

Weren't there a lot more new models for Sylvaneth? Tree  Revenants, Sprite Revenants, Kurnoth Hunters, Drycha, Branchwhych and Alarielle the Everqueen on Beetle? But I'm really not sure if some of them were already old models.

11 minutes ago, Skinnyboy said:

So it looks like you have to pay points to get the endless spells according to the latest Stormcast Podcast. They clock in at around 20-40 points it seems.

I wonder if you're buying the spell or the model. With the changes to summoning in general, I would think you'd be more likely to be paying for the right no summon, not the actual model summoned.

"and they sculpted the 13 spells that come in the box" a quote from Ben Johnson in the podcast.

Also worth noting that Eddie said many of the spells will be 20-40 points. That suggests that some of the more powerful ones will cost more.

That actually can add up really quick if you want to stock up on Endless Spells.

Also they "teased" the Prismatic Palisade seen in the Irojawz faction focus. It's basicaly a LoS blocking spell.

And because I'm new to AoS, can someone please explain what's this talk about Triumph or paying for Endless Spells/Command Points?

1 minute ago, Vanger said:

That actually can add up really quick if you want to stock up on Endless Spells.

Also they "teased" the Prismatic Palisade seen in the Irojawz faction focus. It's basicaly a LoS blocking spell.

And because I'm new to AoS, can someone please explain what's this talk about Triumph or paying for Endless Spells/Command Points?

There are Triumphs in the standard rules, with a modified application in the Matched Play rules. Basically, if you've spent less points than your opponent, you get to roll on a table for a one-time in-game bonus to saves or attacks or whathaveyou.

2 minutes ago, Vanger said:

Jeah that is also what I found interesting. They were talking about spending points on triumphs. Normally you would get triumphs if you spend lesser points than your opponent. Or was this what he was going for?

Hahaha if anyone thinks about making any definitive statements about how things are going to be in AoS2, consider this:  we didn't know until today that Endless Spells are going to cost points.  What other tidbits (and bigger-than-tid bits) don't we know yet, that might make the objections seem silly?

lets see: you have 2 or 3 wizzards. You want at least 2 or 3 spells / turn. But some can be dispelled.  So, if you want some effect back from your magic investment that means:

20-40 points * 3 spells (becaue you want those ones) * 4 (for 1 out of two can be on the table without dispell)  => 240-480 + your magician cost. Wow, it adds up very fast this way...

Do we have to "buy" the spells  before casting or only pay for the one that works (successfull not unbind) or even pay for the ones succesfully casted but dispelled? So many dark zones....

Wouldn't you double dip points, if you paid for them only when they are cast? You would first get free CP for not each 50pts not spend on stuff.

But on the other hand does it mean that, for factions with wizards, to take control of someone elses big spell you have to have points left over ?

That means big math brainstormings ahead....:S

Magic as it seems to be will become a big choice: you won't be able to play magic with just a few things. You fully play it with a real strategy or you avoid it (eventually just spam anti magic)

that is also a nice passive way to not disadvantage the factions without magic

1 minute ago, amysrevenge said:

We have no idea.  Maybe you pay 20 points at army construction, and now all your wizards know the spell and can cast it all game long (following normal 1 attempt per turn rules).

I think that would mesh better with the new summoning rules. You're paying for access to the spell, rather than the casting of it. Especially since it's only truly "yours" when you first cast it(at least for the predatory ones).

Archived