Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheWilddog said:

Will be interesting how this works in match play.  Will you get to chose a realm? Will casters have access to all realm spells? Will the realm be determined randomly?

In the current core rules, it just says decide between the two of you or perhaps roll a die to see who picks, but most people don't bother with that unless the scenario specifies or at the very least go with the realm that matches who their table looks already. There are already scenarios/campaigns/etc that have different effects based on where you fight.

Hmmm. Interesting changes. Arcane bolt getting worse was actually not something I would have expected.

I wonder if they drop the Rule of One instead, so you can cast it  twice.

Longer unbinding range... That is probably for the best, otherwise magic could become too strong.

I like the banish spell!

1 minute ago, Planar said:

I can see banishment used to land enemy units in Deady terrain.

This spell sounds pretty much terrifying for my slow moving  non-teleporting IJ army :)

Of course there will be new scenarios in the GHB18, but it would make a scenario like Knife to heart rather interesting.  60 zombies holding this objective? Instead of hacking through them, what if they were in corner away from anything useful? Now I can take the objective while holding my own for the auto win.

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Those are some hefty changes to casting. I think the rule of one on casting can be removed now!

Think it'll depend on if they allow effect stacking.  If you can't, then agreed I think the rule of one can be ditched, if not then it'll be needed to keep things in check - of course I want to Van Hel that unit of skeletons three times :S

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Those are some hefty changes to casting. I think the rule of one on casting can be removed now!

I think that's pretty likely. Arcane bolt spam shouldn't be too bad and mystic shield doesn't stack.

Just now, smucreo said:

Yeah but Bolt and Mystic aren't the only spells, you have things like Bolt of Tzeentch, Amarathine Orb and others that I really would not want to see spammed.

It's possible that we may see rules of one applied to more signature spells but generics can be spammed.

I really like that shield is once again usable by Nighthaunt. Shield and Bolt no longer being prime choices is neat as well. All changes sound great really, but the info on the new lores and spells is to thin to judge how it will affect the game (or be of use in MP at all)

I hope there is something in store for mages in GA armies and armies without the full allegiance palette as well.

4 minutes ago, eciu said:

So which magic realm doesn't get it's own magic ?

I would say Azyr, as so far the Gates of Azyr have not been breached by Chaos, Death or Destruction.

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Just now, RuneBrush said:

Think it'll depend on if they allow effect stacking.  If you can't, then agreed I think the rule of one can be ditched, if not then it'll be needed to keep things in check - of course I want to Van Hel that unit of skeletons three times :S

I think some form of Rule of three is to stay. There are a lot of spells that are just too open to casting at nauseum, even if they can only target a different unit each time. Three different units "Vanheling" is still pretty big.

Akin to the way Smite works then? Hm, I still think it should have a way of controlling spam lists, because as it is right now it doesn't specify unmodified roll so you could go for something like Sacrament with their battalion and have 2 casters with +2 to cast and one with +3, add a Corpse Cart for an extra +1 and even more casters for extra crazyness.

14 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Vanhel's already doesn't stack. It says a unit can be chosen to pile in and attack twice - no matter how many times you cast that spell it won't have any further effects (on the same unit)

Being able to Vanhels multiple units is cool and I don't think it would break the game.

29 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

Also unbinding range has generally been increased to 18”. That’s going to have a big effect.

Each of the Realms comes with a unique lore too. It certainly is interesting times.

you mean increased to 30"? for unbinding

8 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Vanhel's already doesn't stack. It says a unit can be chosen to pile in and attack twice - no matter how many times you cast that spell it won't have any further effects (on the same unit)

Being able to Vanhels multiple units is cool and I don't think it would break the game.

Fair point, well made.  I was just plucking something out of the air ;)

That unbinding range increase is a buff to magic focused armies...not the other way around! Nagash can can unbind at 30” with +3! LoC can unbind at 30 matching the highest dice! How is this good for armies without huge buffs to casting? Hint: it’s not. As a Nurgle player whose spells are vital to success with no casting buffs I don’t like this.

1 minute ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

That unbinding range increase is a buff to magic focused armies...not the other way around! Nagash can can unbind at 30” with +3! LoC can unbind at 30 matching the highest dice! How is this good for armies without huge buffs to casting? Hint: it’s not. As a Nurgle player whose spells are vital to success with no casting buffs I don’t like this.

As a Nurgle player you should'nt be the big fish in the magic pool. Nagash and Tzeentch should be.

Slightly off topic but why are we so prejudiced against certain types of damage?? People are bothered about the potential to "spam" arcane bolt but nobody is worried about armies spamming swords for example?

I'm playing 40k against T'au later this week. I'm going to accuse my opponent of being a bad sport for spamming guns and see what happens :) :) 

Archived