Tau-Counts-As/ Conversion

Taus whole look and niche is being futuristic tech faction, thats pretty much at odds with age of Sigmar. I cant see anything beyond kroot fitting into sigmar except taking the heads off of Tau warriors and mixing them into subfactions.

If you use basically JUST the Fire Warriors, rellace the guns with suitable weapons, file off any buttons and techy details (which is...a lot) then you can maybe have some armored infantry. It COULD be done, but it would be a lot of work and require other bits that may not blend with thr aesthetic.

Biggest problem, IMO, is all the suits are really just too much, and that leaves the Ethereal, Fire Warriors/Pathfinders, Kroot, and Vespid, which is...not a lot to work with. But, if anyone wants to put in the work, I would love to see it. They DO have a minor samurai theme which is cool, and their hooves have made me consider them for "pure" Beastmen.

I'm thinking beastmen, possibly swap the heads...

So, a really powerful and high-tech (KO) army of beastmen

Fire warriors- Bestigors

Pathfinder Team- Ungor raiders

Piranha- Chariot

Devilfish- ?

Battlesuits- Cygor/Ghorgon

Stealth Battlesuits- Bullgors

The tech is way beyond the levels of Kharadon unless you intend massively involved conversions (piranha is far too sleek and would need some form of lift that wasn’t grav engines), any battle suit would look massively out of place .

as an army of proxies it’d work to test the game with an understanding opponent but if being built specifically for sigmar it’d need a LOT of converting (tau are possibly the hardest race to convert to look right for sigmar)

On 2018-03-23 at 5:21 AM, Ragequit said:

I think in terms of sci fi tech, Kharadron and Skaven is as wild as it gets

Warmachine’s Retribution of Scyrah may be a stretch but possible

The Seraphon is not mine but an active imagination can still make Tau work

101D407F-1336-47B5-8421-AD10731A6F51.jpeg

Wow, GW - redo seraphon to look like this please. You will make lots of money,

On 27/03/2018 at 2:24 AM, Mengel Miniatures said:

Not my models either. Found them online and thought they were awesome. If you can find the article with them in it I link to where I got them from.

They were done by GW designer Steve Party and are featured on blog de Kouzes, an amazing hobby blog run by a group including Maxime Pastourel (Morback) the designer of the maw Krusha and Mortarion.

http://leskouzes.blogspot.com/2017/07/steves-seraphon.html%3Fm%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwighLDGj47aAhVIv7wKHa8XCjMQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2DCZCJ9K-Cefp2v_jOXNct

Archived