What is next for Death? (mini factions, models, etc)

kenshin620

4 hours ago, Aginor said:

- A chariot

Arkhan needs his pimping ride back!

Spoiler

img55722e886fa08.jpg

In all seriousness I think a Black Coach remodel and dual kit would be lovely. Something faster and more dynamic than the zombie driven corpse cart but not as huge and extravagant as the coven throne/mortis engine.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Botinok said:

Indeed, this was annoying=)

Sure, but somehow i'd prefer a fewer model count for better tournament practice, because i hate to use magnets =0

See I've got zero interest in tournaments and i just want to see loads of unique factions and units getting used on the tabletop :)

32 minutes ago, Honk said:

Maybe a complete redefinition what grand alliance Death means...

ally in the mortals...

we‘re the only ga with more or less only one army, till the Nagash book and the flesh eaters...

I think that is one of the current issues in terms of modeling and looks.

Whether you like it or not, right now Death miniatures wise is basically "Vampire Counts" and nothing more. So there is very little of anything other than medieval europe undead, many of which are sculpts nearly a decade old or even older (well I guess it could be worse, could be 40k eldar who are still rocking with 2ed-3ed models. Seriously where is my plastic huge base size Avatar of Khaine!)

26 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it was the Von Carstein Bloodline some editions back that could  take some Empire units to represent them actually ruling over their domain half-decently?  I honestly wouldn't object to being able to at least Ally in a few Free Guild units.

That was the obscure, rarely used ally section of that edition. Also there was a WD that had a cross-over list between VC and Empire. I’m not sure if it was ever allowed at tournaments, but it was a neat idea. 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:41 AM, RuneBrush said:

The stories released on the Malign Portents site mention human forces (crossbows shooting amethyst bolts and sitting behind skeletons with big shields), big undead serpents that appear from the ground, bone giants and today an undead catapult.  That's not saying that we *will* get these items, but does suggest there's a lot more left to come :)

Yes! And I was worried that TK was getting shelved. 

1 hour ago, Graftonianman said:

Yes! And I was worried that TK was getting shelved. 

Well I wouldn't say for certain they could be back. They could also possibly make new catapults and giants that fit more in line with Nagash's faction, and also more importantly in plastic.

Like Reaper's Giant Skeleton which is clearly more western/european than TK's egyptian

Spoiler

colossal+skeleton+3.JPG

Looks like new terrain to me...

on the other hand for the Death video we have...

Knights on Foot of some kind. Or are they just the existing statues from the Garden of Morr (don’t own the kit)

Something ghostly

some new horse

maybe a chariot.

Of course the last 3 could all be a new Black Coach making for less new models than we would hope for, but let’s keep things optimistic for a bit ... maybe

Shyish Bombs to drop from my Vampire Pirate Wraith Fleet ships.... whooohoooo

shooting Screaming Purple Cannonballs which move 14" per turn all over the table?! Battlefleet Gothic Torpedo Style...

Well, I guess after Mermaid-Elves who suckle on Souls and the BDSM-Sister we´re not the evil guys anymore  ;-D

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

Shyish Bombs to drop from my Vampire Pirate Wraith Fleet ships.... whooohoooo

shooting Screaming Purple Cannonballs which move 14" per turn all over the table?! Battlefleet Gothic Torpedo Style...

Well, I guess after Mermaid-Elves who suckle on Souls and the BDSM-Sister we´re not the evil guys anymore  ;-D

Well actually we are the most friendly faction that is out there in Age of sigmar:

-we take everyone in. We never prejudice...

-we got a charismatic leader who is stable and will always come back no matter how bad things are

-he doesn't make empty promises: Valar Morghulis ;)

No other faction can say that they are so open to new people. And we actually can promise immortality without that pesky memory and personalit loss #sigmarsucks

:P

9 minutes ago, Arael_Greywings said:

we got a charismatic leader who is stable

Well...

tried to answer to this post, but you just said it all, nothing to add:

Undead4Life - Leave your souls to the Pros, Sigmar defiles

6 hours ago, stickybluetoffee said:

Looks like new terrain to me...

on the other hand for the Death video we have...

Knights on Foot of some kind. Or are they just the existing statues from the Garden of Morr (don’t own the kit)

Something ghostly

some new horse

maybe a chariot.

Of course the last 3 could all be a new Black Coach making for less new models than we would hope for, but let’s keep things optimistic for a bit ... maybe

I would highly doubt it would just be a Black Coach. Can easily imagine it being a dual kit, what isn't a dual kit these days! Or even a tri kit!

So perhaps 1. Black Coach 2. Ranged Chariot 3. Soulblight Chariot.

I dunno something like that. Heck maybe even Flesh Eaters could get a use out of it.

I do think the big purple skull is either a terrain feature or a generic thing most factions can interact with, otherwise shouldn't it have also been on the Death video?

23 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

I do think the big purple skull is either a terrain feature or a generic thing most factions can interact with, otherwise shouldn't it have also been on the Death video?

Going on the headings on the Community Article, it's related to magic and Malign Portents.  My own view is that we're going to get a second MP book which introduces either additional spell lores or effects following the Grand Plan that Nagash is undertaking (or both).  It's not Death per-sé, but likely related to Death Magic in some way, in the same way as The Knight of Shrouds is part of the Death army but wasn't included within Legions of Nagash.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:32 PM, TheOtherJosh said:

So, it looks like we will get a Nighthaunt Shadespire Warband in the next group. (Based entirely on the card symbol in the release preview.) 

Maybe this is too out of character, but man it would be sweet if a future nighthaunt used guns or hand crossbows. I do love pistol wraiths.

I just want to see something significant for Death that is not Vampire Counts related.  I played Undead way way back in the days of 4th/5th edition when it was still a combined faction.  I eventually changed full time to Greenskins and mostly Goblins, but I kept thinking about going back and making an Undead force.  My issue is that Vampires never really interested me at all.  What interested me was mainly Wights, Skeletons, and Wraiths.  But the skeleton kits they did never really caught my eye that much.  The last Krell model was amazing and so is the Mortis Engine.

I love the look of the Skeleton faction in Shadespire.  I would be all over an army release if they made a serious effort for Deathrattle or Night Haunt (or something similar).  I am crossing my fingers that something like this will happen soon.  The creative team has been knocking it out of the park with Age of Sigmar over the last 2 years (at least for models) - I just hope they make a serious effort to expand out from Order and Chaos and bring some of that creativity to Death and Destruction. 

Archived