Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

35 minutes ago, Cookiez said:

Or else he's one of the most useless scrolls in the game... Which is unfortunate with such a amazing model.

On the other hand - Aspect of the Sea. My god! Every single ability is amazing. Healing 2d3 or at least d3, d6 -1 do hit (!!!), +3 bravery within (not wholly!) 9". Just give him the atrifact with some mortal wounds protection and with his 2+ save he's one of the best models on the table (well, only his cost, if 440 is true, drags him down), and man, he looks like a million dollars.

One thing we can use to protect from mortal wounds is the ship. We have a second save to wounds and mortal wound at 6+ at 9"

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little bit disappointed with the prices of the thralls. They are very dynamic but 10 guys for 30 I think Is too steep.  I think we will see away more low model count and mounted lists because of this which is a shame, I like seeing diversity among factions

3 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

One thing we can use to protect from mortal wounds is the ship. We have a second save to wounds and mortal wound at 6+ at 9"

True, although, assuming, we are very mobile force with 12" range spell (Tsunami, I mean), he has to move a lot and not be babysitted by a ship. And 6++ isn't that reliable. Any artifact with 5++ will be gold.

Idoneth Deepkin points

240 Akhelion King

280 Voltorus

400 Aspect of the Storm

440 Aspect of sea

Lotann 100

The Isharann 100 per unit

Namartii reavers 140 for 10

Namartii Thralls 140 for 10

Morsar guard 160 for 3 (combat eels)

Ishlian guard 140 for 3 (defensive eels)

Allopex sharks 140 for 1

Leviadon 380 for 1 behemoth

6 minutes ago, Cookiez said:

Idoneth Deepkin points

Source?

Thats a pretty mixed bag. Thralls are about as low as we could have hoped given abilities. Ishlian seem amazing for 140: 12 wounds at a 4+ (often 3+) ignoring rend makes them a mobile tarpit to rival any other! Allopex seems pretty lackluster at 140, based on the warscroll I was thinking 100 max. And at 380, I don't know about the Leviadon.

As of now, I'm imaging lists built around the Eels and Namarti - still need to see if Reavers are any good. 

2+ save with mystic shield ignore rend 6++ eels defending against KO alpha strike. Count me in!

But, in general, as far as I can see, in competitive we will se eels and thralls huge spam with Aspect of the Sea and some lesser heroes. 

4 hours ago, CDM said:

Little bit disappointed with the prices of the thralls. They are very dynamic but 10 guys for 30 I think Is too steep.  I think we will see away more low model count and mounted lists because of this which is a shame, I like seeing diversity among factions

I agree. I was looking to get into this army and pick up a few battleline boxes and a hero or two on release. I was hoping to be able to build a 1000 point force with about 150 to spend, but the way it is looking now it is going to be an extremely expensive army to build.

So i did alittle durability math. If you are going to bring 5 or more choices of eels to act as durable shooting screen than you you can replace some of the eeels with the turtle.  As his aura plus it's own personal durability would make your more durable than you. Now this doesn't take into account that the eels completely ignore rend which can matter considerably, but if you going up to 6 or more eels than it start to not matter because the effect of the cover save all on those eels is pretty big. That said you already get cover save turn 1 hmmmm... man thats a hard to justify turtle. 

I guess it also gets something for also protecting the rest of your army as well. maybe his durabilitty multiplication  is worth at 2k pts??

Edit: the other issue i'm having is i want the turtle, AoSea,and the king. 

Archived