Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Incineroar87 said:

Do we know if the Tru’heas healers will have a dedicated model ?

Where are you getting the name from? I don't recognise it.

What are people thinking for allies? Of course it's all speculation, but I'm thinking daughters of khaine will unfortunately not provide much for them. Thinking darling covens sorceress for the -1 to hit debuff spell could be cool. Just hoping they get most druchii factions.

So far no indication of heavy infantry, but if I was a betting boy I bet the eels become battle line somehow. would be cool if it was true!

I'm very eager to see how these guys play... I don't know If I can wait until april 14th...

Edit: hey, just noticed that the shark riders in the center of that huge group pic have different weapons compared to the video shark riders.  The center guys have a more rounded barrel, and the riders have swords, while the guys on the edge of the picture have cross bows while the rider has a glaive. Neat.

3 hours ago, Hoseman said:

How can they know that Leviadon (the turtle) has four builds?

Because Pete Foley apparently said so at the Adepticon studio reveal in the Q&A. I wasn’t in the room (being in NZ) but have been told by several others who were there. 

From the german White Dwarf:
Unknown.png.ac87aff6df3162850e01da35d1993ead.png

Relevant part: "You have probably seen some of the new models on the Warhammer Community website but there are still some surprises in the shape of giant swimming sea creatures"

Im not sure if they are referencing the Turtle but it seems unlikely as this model was one of the first models they have shown us.

"In the coming weeks and months, you will find out lots about the Idoneth Deepkin, a mysterious race of elves who live beneath the seas of the Mortal Realms and attack the cities of land dwellers in search of souls. Why they require these souls is explained on page 32, where we present this unique and mystic race and perhaps show you a few new models. Perhaps you have already seen some on the Warhammer Community website, but there are a few more surprises for you in the form of giant swimming creatures."

I can't wait to see! 

3 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

"In the coming weeks and months, you will find out lots about the Idoneth Deepkin, a mysterious race of elves who live beneath the seas of the Mortal Realms and attack the cities of land dwellers in search of souls. Why they require these souls is explained on page 32, where we present this unique and mystic race and perhaps show you a few new models. Perhaps you have already seen some on the Warhammer Community website, but there are a few more surprises for you in the form of giant swimming creatures."

I can't wait to see! 

You know I'm wondering if we could be looking at a forge world model. We've hard rumours if sea elves since what... January 2017? That would be enough time for them to create a forge world sculpt of a large sea creature. It might also explain 14 units in the battletome with more still to come beyond what we've seen, as forgeworld units aren't normally printed in battletomes.

The thing that I see curious is the first sentence, "few weeks and months". Months??? If the plans of preorders goes since day 14 and the next two weeks thats not months... So if the battletome is preorder on 14 and with it we have all the units of the army... why months? Is there going to be incomplete the battletome? Cant understand that

5 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

The thing that I see curious is the first sentence, "few weeks and months". Months??? If the plans of preorders goes since day 14 and the next two weeks thats not months... So if the battletome is preorder on 14 and with it we have all the units of the army... why months? Is there going to be incomplete the battletome? Cant understand that

There could be a black library novel, a shadespire warband, they might feature in fluff for other armies... it doesn't necessarily mean new models. I don't see them releasing a battletome with all the units and then having another wave of models not in the battletome in a month or two. 14 units is still the largest release of new models we've seen for sigmar. 

Archived