New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

What are people’s opinuons on the blightlords, are they hero’s or an elite unit? (Minus the lord of affliction of course) 

Elite unit :) probably unit size 1 to 7 or something like that.

15 minutes ago, erasercrumbs said:

The new GUO is cool and all, but for the price you might as well go for the Forgeworld alternative. It doesn't get much cooler than that.

Well thats an additional £30 minus the correct weapons.

Size is roughly the same. I again dont really get why some are upset by the GW price. Its a ton better too just with the additional wounds.

1 hour ago, Killax said:

Well thats an additional £30 minus the correct weapons.

Size is roughly the same. I again dont really get why some are upset by the GW price. Its a ton better too just with the additional wounds.

The FW GUO has never had the correct weapons, to be honest. I just say the flail was actually groping intestines, which I personally like more anyway.  

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably pick up the GUO anyway because Rotigus looks terrific. But whenever I just want a standard GUO, the FW will remain my pick.

14 minutes ago, erasercrumbs said:

The FW GUO has never had the correct weapons, to be honest. I just say the flail was actually groping intestines, which I personally like more anyway.  

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably pick up the GUO anyway because Rotigus looks terrific. But whenever I just want a standard GUO, the FW will remain my pick.

The FW has it's own war scroll so it's always been a proxy of a GUO. I think I actually like the new GW GUO over the FW model though. Yeah, it's big and gross and definitely improvement over the old GUO, but the new GW one just seems to fit with the current Nurgle aesthetic best in my opinion.

On 12/31/2017 at 9:20 PM, Pariah-Miniatures said:

Kinda OT, anyone have a size comp on Horticulous Slimux/ Mulch to glottkin?

I think maybe there's one in the WD. There's a battle depicted in there that includes both models.

Edit: Yep, just checked. I don't want to post a leaked image, but the entire issue is floating around online if you want to dig it up (*cough* check Atia's site *cough*).

2 hours ago, erasercrumbs said:

I think its gonna be real interesting to see if the eguo will be obsolete now that the new one is out. Specially since I own one and very much like the eguo model and warscroll. As a matter of fact I found it to be one of the strongest models when building a nurgle army. But somehow I think will be really hard to fit a eguo and a guo into a functionel 2000pt army.

27 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

I think its gonna be real interesting to see if the eguo will be obsolete now that the new one is out. Specially since I own one and very much like the eguo model and warscroll. As a matter of fact I found it to be one of the strongest models when building a nurgle army. But somehow I think will be really hard to fit a eguo and a guo into a functionel 2000pt army.

This is my situation exactly. To be honest, I like the new GUO and the EGUO equally. I dont prefer one over the other. And when the new GUO was previewed.. I was underwhelmed by the model itself because it looks just like the EGUO with slightly different features of disgusting. Even the exact same exposed intestines. 

I have 2 Old GUO  That I will be using until I am ok dropping 140-150 on the new sculpt but will focus my inital purchases on the dope ass feculant gnarlmaw, pusgoyls and the heralds. Obviously the book to.. so thats a lot to work one while my regular GUO's (the now old sculpts I guess) stand in for the new sculpts. Plus.. unlike most people on here.. I REALLY dont mind the older sculpts. sure its smaller and less ornate.. but I kind of like it. ^_^

Well use which you love.

I personally prefer this one as Ive always felt the GUO and BT bros should wield weapons in both hands. This was my only gripe with FWs sculpt and a continued gripe with some of the very recent AoS Khorne FW models.

As always pick what you like, toss a coin or convert. Will show double axed BT soon in the relevant topic. Go what you deem the coolest.

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

This is my situation exactly. To be honest, I like the new GUO and the EGUO equally. I dont prefer one over the other. And when the new GUO was previewed.. I was underwhelmed by the model itself because it looks just like the EGUO with slightly different features of disgusting. Even the exact same exposed intestines. 

I have 2 Old GUO  That I will be using until I am ok dropping 140-150 on the new sculpt but will focus my inital purchases on the dope ass feculant gnarlmaw, pusgoyls and the heralds. Obviously the book to.. so thats a lot to work one while my regular GUO's (the now old sculpts I guess) stand in for the new sculpts. Plus.. unlike most people on here.. I REALLY dont mind the older sculpts. sure its smaller and less ornate.. but I kind of like it. ^_^

Yeah I really hope after reading the book it still make sense to keep the eguo as intended. Though I will get the new one also building it between Rotigus parts and normal guo parts. However I had this crazy idea ever since I started working on my garden scenery that if not good for anything else, my eguo would make a mean looking center piece in a creepy garden of nurgle fountain. 

I was always a little disappointed by the exalted greater Daemon war scrolls compared to the treatment they got in 40k. In 40k they feel like unique characters and very different to the regular options. In AoS they're just the old scrolls with a couple of stat boosts.

All that said I'm really looking forward to seeing how the new it stands next to them.

17 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

That’s what I’m hoping. Was planning on possibly buying 3 boxes but I’m not sure if it’s worth the risk of them being hero’s! 

2 per box and u can make a hero from any one of the 2 in the box (like the Lord celestant and dragony mount rider stormcast box). I imagine also like this the units will be 2+.

Unit size for the Blightlords confirmed as 2 on the stream just now. The Lord of Affliction sounds like a pretty good general option (makes blightlords battleline!) - 8 wounds, disgustingly resilient (5+), regens 1 wound in the hero phase and (not sure on specifics) can give a re-roll hit rolls of 1 buff to nearby (7") rotbringer units. Command ability adds 8" to the move of a unit of blightlords.

Something I'm wondering - the rules appear to lean into the blight wheel thing you get in the Blightwar box set. Does that mean you need to get that wheel to play Maggotkin, meaning possibly need to buy the Blightwar set (which isn't cheap and potentially includes a lot of SE models one might not want)?

The battletome has the "wheel sequence" in there. The wheel itself is just a gaming prop and not strictly needed to play maggotkin. 

Don't know if you have a twitch subscription, but the book has a lot more wheel manipulation now, through spells/command traits. 

On 27.12.2017 at 4:18 PM, smucreo said:

I love the second Herald, the huge shouting mouth and the nose are so funny haha It's nice to see new options for both the Daemon and the Mortal side.

On 27.12.2017 at 4:18 PM, bsharitt said:

The people who thought the Death Guard releases were too cartoony aren't going to like that guy, but I like him. I love it when GW does the goofier models(squigs and the old Stone trolls are some of my favorite models).

On 28.12.2017 at 1:16 PM, Killax said:

Yeah the point is that silly is a great thing aswell.

I am really happy that GW is willing to go this routes. There is nothing more frustrating as a guy thaking miniature games way too seriously. One reason why I feel this way is because it's an hobby to enjoy yourself with. Nurgle is both terrifying and jovial, that is the point of Nurgle. Likewise Khorne is both crazy and hateful, nothing screams this as a guy swinging a burning anvil on a chain to his opponents.

The more GW allows itself to freely create with as much fun as possible the better the results get. 

I had some hopes for the Nurgle release. It easily could have been the most terrifying, feral and serious looking army. The one that gives you chills just by looking at it. Sure, not everybody has to want that. Same as not everybody has to like comedy, cartoon and clowning. I always thought that nurglings is the thing that ruins Nurgle's army feeling for me. Blightkings and Glottkin - if the whole army looked like that it would have been a masterpiece. Those "funny" new minis aren't for me.

A friend of mine who runs Slaves to Darkness was waiting for these minis as he wanted to expand his forces by joining a certain chaos god. He didn't like horticulus. He won't like new releases but as he tells me - rules before design. If warscrolls disappoint him we both will be playing Blades of Khorne as for the Chaos side. :/

On 1/3/2018 at 1:15 PM, DaveBusse said:

Unit size for the Blightlords confirmed as 2 on the stream just now. The Lord of Affliction sounds like a pretty good general option (makes blightlords battleline!) - 8 wounds, disgustingly resilient (5+), regens 1 wound in the hero phase and (not sure on specifics) can give a re-roll hit rolls of 1 buff to nearby (7") rotbringer units. Command ability adds 8" to the move of a unit of blightlords.

Unfortunate but not unexpected. Luckily from what I've seen the Lord of affliction is really good so two are likely to be a good thing. 

Archived