The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

And the pre-order is up for some!

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Warhammer-Underworlds-Shadespire-2017-eng

All in all still very much excited for it and all the contents. 

In The Box

Everything you and a friend need to play games of Warhammer Underworlds is included in this box. Contained within:

- A Stormcast Eternals warband, made up of 3 push-fit, blue plastic Liberators (Angharad Brightshield, Obryn the Bold and their leader Severin Steelheart);
- A Khorne Bloodbound warband, made up of 5 push-fit, red plastic Bloodreavers (Karsus the Chained, Blooded Saek, Targor, Arnulf and their leader Garrek Gorebeard.) Both of these warbands are Easy To Build, with no glue necessary and a comprehensive, easy to follow construction guide;
- A 32-page rulebook, including the story of Shadespire’s rise and fall, and all the rules you need to play; - A quick-start sheet, featuring a brief introduction to the game;
- 2 double-sided game boards, featuring hexes and objectives;
- 2 pre-built decks of power and objective cards, for use with the included warbands;
- 8 double-sided Fighter cards, providing the stats and information needed for the fighters in each warband at a glance;
- 5 attack dice and 3 defence dice;
- 9 double-sided objective tokens;
- 1 Katophrane Artefact token;
- 2 Shardfall tokens;
- 30 wound tokens;
- 46 double-sided glory point tokens;
- 15 double-sided move and charge tokens;
- 15 Guard tokens;
- 8 activation tokens.

Extra Rules

Warhammer Underworlds has an intense, fast and fun core ruleset, but the book contains a host of extras - new game modes, competitive and multiplayer rules:

- Matched Play: designed for competitive play, this is a set of rules that level the playing field to the finest degree – perfect for fast, friendly rivalries and tournaments;
- Capture the Artefact: use the included Katophrane Artefact token as a discovery to battle over – glory points are awarded for holding it, but your opponent will be sure to take it by force;
- Multiplayer games: extra rules that allow you to combine 2 core sets of Warhammer Underworlds to create 3-or-4-player games, with clarified rules for resolving attacks and adjustments to victory conditions.

Cheers!

• Like 2

In addition the Sleeves are up too:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Wh-uw-Steelhearts-Champions-Sleeves-2017
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Wh-Underworlds-Garreks-Reavers-Sleeves-2017

Really like that GW has specifically designed the product to work with it all. One small downside, there isn't any additional card in it for the decks so don't rip your sleeves! ;) 

99220718002_SteelheartsChampionSleevesEN99220701002_GarreksReaversSleevesENG01.j

• Like 1

Little bit disappointed about the 8 factions in the book if they are the only ones (although it may be they are just mentioning some, or the next factions after that are in another warhammer underworld expansion). I thought when I heard them say they play tested relentlessly that they meant like 15-20 factions not 8!! So a bit disappointed but now they know what balances they can add more easily later i suppose :)

Edited by CDM

2 hours ago, Sete said:

I'm pretty sure more factions have been playtested. GW just keeps everything under secret.

I for one welcome our new shadespire overlords, and I am super excited to see brand new factions!

Yeah but there's always leaks if so. They only seem to let playtesters test the imminent stuff. 

FYI: My local GW (USA) has “Full Art Cards” for the Stormcast and Bloodbound faction units for folks pre-ordering/purchasing Shadespire in Store. (Limited to while supplies last most likely.)

So remember to ask if your store has them when preordering or ordering.

Edited by TheOtherJosh
Location and type of cards update

I have to say, I'm mildly disappointed at the costing of the warbands for ANZ.

Every other currency gets them at 50% core set cost or below. To me, that's the price point that makes sense. The core set comes with 2 warbands + the stuff you need to play the game, so of course, it should cost at least double the price of one warband right? Especially since all the miniatures will be of the same quality. There's no longer the excuse of marking up individual kits because you can 'customize' them compared to the push-fit single pose models in starters.

There's also the fact that in AUD, it costs a $50 to buy one.Psychologically, it feels like being $50 pushes it just outside the impulse buy or 'collect them all' territory. If it was a fiver less, I don't think I'd be having these feelings, it'd be less than 50% of the price of the core set and below that $50 threshold.

I cannot recommend the GW sleeves.

They are too short and too tight. The top of the card either peaks out of the sleeve or is way to close to the entrance. (even if you press the card all the way down)

Because of that, the sleeve cannot close itself and dirt can easily enter and/or the card will be damage over time.

FFG's or other 3rd party sleeves should work better, are cheaper and you get extra sleeves. Later is another big minus for GW sleeves, there are no spares whatsoever and you'll need them sooner or later.

Edited by Xasz

3 hours ago, Xasz said:

I cannot recommend the GW sleeves.

That’s a shame I ordered both of them. 

My copy hasn’t arrived yet, so can’t check for myself. Would you mind posting some pictures of what you described. If it looks as bad as you say I will return mine unopened. 

While I agree the sleeves are very snug all around, they otherwise seem to be very good quality both in look and feel.  The designs on the reverse are fantastic and customized not only for the warband itself but for each of the power/obj decks as well.  I will be continuing to buy them for other warbands.  Time will tell whether the tight fit could warp the cards or not.

5 minutes ago, BrAiKo said:

While I agree the sleeves are very snug all around, they otherwise seem to be very good quality both in look and feel.  The designs on the reverse are fantastic and customized not only for the warband itself but for each of the power/obj decks as well.  I will be continuing to buy them for other warbands.  Time will tell whether the tight fit could warp the cards or not.

Valid points, but doesn't matter if the sleeve doesn't perform its main objective at all. 

Furthermore, it shouldn't be forgotten that sleeves are wear parts and you'll have to replace them in the not so distant future, but I knew what I signed up for regarding extra-sleeves and GW.

1 hour ago, Charles said:

That’s a shame I ordered both of them. 

My copy hasn’t arrived yet, so can’t check for myself. Would you mind posting some pictures of what you described. If it looks as bad as you say I will return mine unopened. 

https://imgur.com/a/SNL2s

There might be a chance that I've just had bad luck and I've got two bad packs, not a rare occurrence with some manufacturers.

Either way, I'll not buy them again. (Shuffling is smooth tho).

• Like 1