AoS video games- what would you want to see?

Zeratan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

I like to think that Total Warhammer exists as a nice way of keeping the history of WHFB preserved, like in amber. It's a way of reliving the events of the old world (and the Old World) again and again.

I do think the halo wars CA team would make an interesting AOS video game. 

52 minutes ago, Iain said:

I haven't played Total War Warhammer but it does look fun - I could imagine if that series continues to be successful they could cover End Times and Age of Sigmar eventually. I would be totally into a AoS Dawn of War game. AoS doesn't really have the recognition at the moment compared to 40K but maybe one day!

They are doing a Trilogy of games, and given what they have covered so far main land and lustria, if the 3rd isn't End times with crazy large units like Nagash kicking round, they will be missing a trick.

12 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Having Stormcast as a downloadble faction for WHTW 2 would be hilarious.

First of all- the Steam would burn. I mean it. Secondly it reminds me of the time DotaCinema made a list of their favourite Warhammer Fantasy themed Dota 2 items and the winner was Stormacast Paladin set for Omniknight. 

5 minutes ago, Zeratan said:

First of all- the Steam would burn. I mean it. Secondly it reminds me of the time DotaCinema made a list of their favourite Warhammer Fantasy themed Dota 2 items and the winner was Stormacast Paladin set for Omniknight. 

xD

I can just imagine the final download for it ever being majorly OP stormcast that can troll everything in the game.

I can see the advert now

The old world crumbling into chaos

the last of the old races failing in their final stand

"Warhammer fans are you tired of these old dusty races that keep failing to defeat chaos no matter how many times you win the campaign?"

"Will fear not for! for the saviors of your hearts and minds are here!!"

tranisition from low fantasy music to epic guitar solo. cue Sigmar standing on a mountain in golden armor hammer out a guitar solo on a guitar made of pure lightning.

Next feature a montage of the stormcast furiously plowing through each and every race of the old world without a single casulty.

and then sneak a lovely link to the AOS section of the GW website at the end converting all the total war players to AOS forevermore

just as planned . . . . . . .

45 minutes ago, Nubgan said:

They are doing a Trilogy of games, and given what they have covered so far main land and lustria, if the 3rd isn't End times with crazy large units like Nagash kicking round, they will be missing a trick.

Yeah by the end of game 2 majority of the factions will be in the game. Datamining does reveal all the god dedicated stuff is game three but I don't think only that would be a part of the game I think nagash is going to be in there. Making an "end the world" kind of scenario for game three and establishing victory for your chosen faction will be a great last "hurrah" sort of thing. 

Honestly who knows how some of them might react to such a thing some people think that Archaon is not actually trying to end the world when he invades in the game. 

2 hours ago, Auticus said:

I'm working on a turn based game called Primo Victoria that borrows some imagery from the mortal realms.  Its primarily a battle game like total war, only turn based instead of RTS, and has an empire-building 4x campaign map that is procedurely generated (random).

primo.jpg

This sounds like a game that I would buy!

The Mordheim game from Focus is actually very good* and I could see something similar working for AoS. It allows for the RPG and turn-based elements to work in a cinematic way, but would be more of a focus on small warbands, more like Hinterlands than AoS in truth.

*Disclaimer: I never played Mordheim the first time around (more's the pity), so had no illusions to shatter. I know that this has been a problem for some.

I'd love a single player action game where you control a Knight Questor. Travel through all the different realms searching for relics with the Realmgate Wars story as a background battle that unlocks the areas you quest through. One level would be the Silver Tower. 

Dark Mortal Souls: Sigmar of War.

You, Krotaus, were a Khorne cultist in the past, not by choice, but by the tradition of your people. You killed in his name, you burned, mained, and profanated the inocent and the weak in his name. All for what? For a dead wife and a dead children after his rage possessed you. The still  throbbing heart of your chieftan was in your hand wen the ones that in the past fight at your side struck you down to put and end to your madness.

You expected peace in dead, but the fury of the Lightning burned your dark soul, purifying your sins, and HIS voice make you see the truth. Now, as a Stormcast Eternal, you have a mission to acomplish. Every death will be a new start, every loss of humanity and memory, a relief to you shattered mind.

Nothing matters now, only one thing.

To. Kill. Khorne.

Dark souls meet God of War :P 

Call me a heretic but I want an age of sigmar total war game. Imagine just seeing ranks of storm casts holding the line against literally endless amounts of khorne cultists, retaking the relm before switching to the next one, where you can have even more territories to conquer with different campaign maps compared to the last one. 

In all honesty I think the possibility for endless areas to conquer would be awesome for that kind of game, and add in some new factions and you would have a great setting for an RTS.

Also I now want a kharadon overlord style Guns of Icarus game.

The thing that can work better to make people "care" about your world for first beginners its an RPG. A good RPG. And the protagonist can't be a Stormcast Eternals. If the game want to be a sucess to the main public, the protagonist has to be a character they can associate with it. So, a normal human. Then you just need a good group of secondary characters. Stormcast, Dwarf, Elves, etc... and likely villains (You have Orruk, everyone will love a Orruk villain) and a good main plot.

Just imagine this magic, but change all for AoS things: Kharadron Overlords Ships, humans, elves, etc... 

This its how you make a newcomer love the world you have created, and that has to be the main goal, not just to make a game to us actuall fans:

11 minutes ago, Galas said:

The thing that can work better to make people "care" about your world for first beginners its an RPG. A good RPG. And the protagonist can't be a Stormcast Eternals. If the game want to be a sucess to the main public, the protagonist has to be a character they can associate with it. So, a normal human. Then you just need a good group of secondary characters. Stormcast, Dwarf, Elves, etc... and likely villains (You have Orruk, everyone will love a Orruk villain) and a good main plot.

Just imagine this magic, but change all for AoS things: Kharadron Overlords Ships, humans, elves, etc... 

This its how you make a newcomer love the world you have created, and that has to be the main goal, not just to make a game to us actuall fans:

Usually RPGs need relatable protagonists who generally fit into society (read: certainly not SCE) so a human, aelf or duardin would be ideal. However an orruk might be a bit too shallow for an antagonist unless it's supposed to be more of a force of nature than a character with player's motivation focused on hatred towards him (it? Greenskin biology...) rather than trying to get into his backstory, motivations etc. Perhaps a shadowkin aelf? 

An Orruk will be the perfect Enemy that in the middle of the game its revealed that its not the real final enemy and then join your groups to make funny interactions with the rest of the party :D 

But this its pushing forward the trope that Orcs can't be real enemys and always has to be Chaos/Necromancers/DarkElves. But I want a funny Orc companion!

4 minutes ago, Galas said:

An Orruk will be the perfect Enemy that in the middle of the game its revealed that its not the real final enemy and then join your groups to make funny interactions with the rest of the party :D 

But this its pushing forward the trope that Orcs can't be real enemys and always has to be Chaos/Necromancers/DarkElves. But I want a funny Orc companion!

So maybe a wurrgog prophet whom the protagonist tries to hunt down for some-generic-wrong (destroyed village or better a family member killed on the hunt etc.). On his/her path the hero learns more about Bonesplitterz culture and has to confront the issues of his/her inner savagery and primal nature of a hunter. A young Bonesplitter (shaman or otherwise) would make for a fun companion and a mouthpiece for a lot of information on orruks (bonus for making him an actual character and for example present his struggle with not being blessed by Gorkamorka with mystical abilities).

Ok, that was a long rumble and most likely it's all trash but it's "an" idea how to make an orruk antagonist.

Guys, guys... I'm very disappointed you've never mentioned the obvious path: A Drakengard Spin-Off with Archaon as protagonist and set during the Nexus Wars/Age of Chaos.

In  fact, chikout, are you reading this? How would you write in japanese: YOUR PUNY MORTALS AND DRAGONS CANNOT DEFEAT ME! Considering Yoko Taro's eccentricities this and a pic of Archaon may be enough to pick his interest.

A kind of World of Warcraft but based on the AOS fluff.

4 factions, heroes, warriors, wizards, priests, 8 realms, multi-players dungeons á la Silver Tower, Artefacts/Weapons quests, Past to Glory for those willing to build an army, 

simply a lot of interesting possibilities for different ways of playing.

at the crazy idea to start such a game as a bloodreaver, growing as a bloodwarrior, then Slaughterpriest, Lord of Khorne, Daemon Prince (with possibility to switch allegiance), Bloodthister, Skarbrand, ..., I simply buy it right now

20 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Just take the look and feel of Age of Sigmar and then make a Middle Earth Shadows of Mordor game. This would be amazing.

Haha. I was lucky enough to be the senior designer and writer of EA's LOTR games and it was a blast. The character models were spot on, but only thing I wished more than once was to be able to make the game landscapes more far out. Our artists made incredibly beautiful 3D environments, but they couldn't cut loose because of the constraints of the license (and Peter's approvals). With AOS, you can have battlefields to play on that would blow other video games away! It almost doesn't matter the genre - the Realm terrain you fight on could be amazing.

Archived