Adepticon News.

Ben

9 minutes ago, pforson said:

Ok.

Why have they painted her six-pack gold? Is it armour? What happens if she gets a cold and misses a few gym sessions?

-________- ...

It's a clear use of appropriation from the per-existing male Stormcast figures. The fact that they kept major structure of the armor and muscular mass is important as past visions of female characters have tendencies of being placed in skimpy thongs and bikini tops (not just warhammer, but fantasy visual fiction in general). It is clear that GW is trying to put a strong foot forward against all previously applied gender-discrimination. You know women can get ripped, they know women can get ripped. If it's an issue for you, get some greenstuff and do as you will to retain your... whatever your cause may be. 

MOVING ON: I'm very excited about the fluff fact on the card of her having a clear historical trade of physical strength. Reminds me of Adrianne Avenicci from Skyirm (Whiterun blacksmith). She's badass.

Now lets hope they apply more of this and even gives this aspect to more factions in the game without taking a step back to objectification and japonisme (anime) traditions.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Yeah I know Shadowkin announcement was a logn shot but still huge letdown :

- no new minis apart from Shadespire but it was SE and Khrone all over again

- no other look at Shadespire factions 

- no info about Overlords,Khorne Battletome ot GH2 

- no hints for whats next in Mortal Realms

I've seen pictures of people queuing for "adepticon sneak-peeks" so i guess that will be when we see new model lines 

Just now, DantePQ said:

Oh thanks

I was letdown because Adepticon was hyped a lot by GW and apart from showing like Shadespire works they didn't show anything special and they showed very little new minis 

Rumour has it (see the rumour posted just above me) that there are at least a dozen new Stormcast units!!

Haha don't do that to me! I am not a source for any rumors! Merely repeating what I've seen. (but I really want you to be right haha)

He seemed to be saying we would see the new shadow aelves.

-edit-

Here is the actual quote (https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1824#disqus_thread):

"I hope so too. I think it is REALLY important that AoS builds it's own aesthetics for the races rather than just dropping stuff that is supposedly wiped out with the old world into the new setting with just a stupid name. GW took the bold move of killing the old setting and creating a new more fantastical one, seems only right it should be populated by something more fantastical than just dropping the stereotype fantasy races into their new setting. The Sky Dwarves seem to me to be a good example of what they should be looking to do for EVERY race, and to a lesser extent I guess the Sigmarines are too. So it will (for me) be nice to see a new kind of elf (aelf) that we haven't already seen elsewhere, something unique to AoS. I can only hope the same happens to both death & destruction too as currently both factions suck big time, don't get me wrong I know they're for the most part good even great models, but they are old world things that supposedly got wiped out just dropped back in the new setting and for me it totally diminishes what GW did by creating a new setting, but that's just me :)

Anyway I hope you like what you see tomorrow :)"

The only bad thing for me is that it implies the new aelves will not be Death faction.

19 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

My money is on Tyrion.

Erm it pretty much looks nagashi in my opinion the mask has the same head ornament as nagash plus the eyes and skin look pretty dead in my opinion. I do hope if GW does new liche priests they take motifs from the mask. 

It's going with a picture called warhammer "underworlds" where the whole plot of the game is nagash being a well... troll. 

44 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

but they are old world things that supposedly got wiped out just dropped back in the new setting and for me it totally diminishes what GW did by creating a new setting, but that's just me

Didn't Ironjawz thrive during the wipe? Their lore says they actually grew stronger during the Age of Chaos.

And doesn't Death want everything to be wiped out? To create more undead?

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Its... its armour

But armour shaped exactly like a six-pack???

How's she supposed to move? Every time she flexes her muscles the armour would have to flex with her. It makes no sense...

1 hour ago, Lysandestolpe said:

-________- ...

It's a clear use of appropriation from the per-existing male Stormcast figures. The fact that they kept major structure of the armor and muscular mass is important as past visions of female characters have tendencies of being placed in skimpy thongs and bikini tops (not just warhammer, but fantasy visual fiction in general). It is clear that GW is trying to put a strong foot forward against all previously applied gender-discrimination. You know women can get ripped, they know women can get ripped. If it's an issue for you, get some greenstuff and do as you will to retain your... whatever your cause may be.

Wow... steady on Jim. Where did all that come from? I've got nothing against realistic female figures or females wearing armour. You've read way too much into my question.

I simply feel that ridiculously over-proportioned six-pack armour not only looks daft, but also makes no sense whatsoever!

2 minutes ago, pforson said:

But armour shaped exactly like a six-pack???

How's she supposed to move? Every time she flexes her muscles the armour would have to flex with her. It makes no sense...

The same way all the other Stormcasts move?

It's got abs sculpted onto the outside of the armour - how is that supposed to affect anything?

Just now, AdamR said:

The same way all the other Stormcasts move?

It's got abs sculpted onto the outside of the armour - how is that supposed to affect anything?

Ah!

You reckon she's not actually ripped and her muscles don't actually 'fill' the gaps formed by the armour?

That makes sense - it's all just for show, in order to scare away the silly orcs! Maybe all Stormcast are actually like that, little weedy skinny people dressed up in shiny armour! ;)

Archived