Lets talk about: Shadows Over Hammerhal

Turragor

So we wanted more Quest and we are getting more quest!

Some in the rumour thread surmise there will be no new miniatures. I think that's unlikely. I also think we probably won't get a 100% new mini box. Somewhere in between.

Still, the experience of playing Silver Tower was what I loved, not necessarily the minis (though beautiful).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going from the box art there seem to be an interesting mix of heroes and villains in there. As a chaos player I spotted acolytes, blight kings, a slaughter priest, sorcerer lord and some blood reavers, whilst Order-wise you're getting a Cogsmith, Castellant, Loremaster and the corsair character whose name I can't remember. Doesn't look like new models but if it's the same price as Silver Tower it'll be worth it just for the minis.

I'm so excited and don't care if it's only existing miniatures (of which I already have 4!). I am hoping for this to be much more of a general "dungeon crawler" so I am hoping for generic dungeon tiles (a bit of AoS glam is great, of course) and hopefully rules for playing an ongoing campaign. Rules for adding in monsters outside of the box would be great too, but if I get involved in a big way I could make that my next project after the Hinterlands update. :-)

I'm hoping for a bit of time before it is released just to save up and clear the painting desk, otherwise I can't wait!

Nothing on the box art was new. Doesn't mean there won't be new models in the box though. Worst case, we're still looking at nice models at a likely excellent discount.

The setting is interesting. It's much less AoS-y than we're used to. The seedy underbelly of a mortal city? Yes please. Honestly, given the setting I would have thought they'd go for a Lord-Veritant. Him, Witch Hunter (would have to be new sculpt), Loremaster, Duardin. Much better fit thematically.

13 hours ago, Miarbi said:

I really hope there is a new model for the loremaster, thats all i want

The bad ass Dragonball Z magic ball is fantastic though! :D

As mentioned, I do hope they make a more general campaign book  eventually like the original Warhammer Quest. There was nothing more dope than watching you charecters get negatively affected by a night in the tavern xD

New models are nice,  but it would probably be cool to see just tile and campaign addons sold seperately eventually that could get used.

A more controlled narrative would be cool. I like that there's a loose overall plot arc to silver tower but it would be nice to see more specific quest by guest plot arcs inside of that and maybe some consequences that affect the story line like Descent ect.

5 hours ago, Old Woden said:

A more controlled narrative would be cool. I like that there's a loose overall plot arc to silver tower but it would be nice to see more specific quest by guest plot arcs inside of that and maybe some consequences that affect the story line like Descent ect.

I think we'll be getting something like this and I don't care for any new models as a result!

• 2 weeks later...

Contents leaked apparently, took the following from Dakka.

WARHAMMER QUEST: SHADOWS OVER HAMMERHALL 

Warhammer Quest: Shadows over Hammerhall is a stand-alone boxed game for 2-5 players set in the splendid city of Order – Hammerhall. Up to 4 players can quest in the catacombs and dungeons below the city, while another acts as game master, setting fiendish obstacles, controlling the antagonists (monsters) and setting the story – it’s up to this player to take charge of revealing the secrets each dungeon has to offer. 

The game is fully compatible with the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower game and the Hero Cards. Any miniatures or rules the customer already owns for that game can also be used in this game. In addition, the game has a lot of replay-ability, as character level up and increase their skills as you play. The box contains 31 miniatures, including: 
1x Lord Castellant and Gryph Hound 
1x Cogsmith 
1x Black Art Fleetmaster 
 1x Loremaster 
1x Chaos Sorcerer Lord 
5x Putrid Blightkings 
10x Kairic Acolytes 
10x Bloodreavers 
1x 72 page guide book 
1x 32 page adventure book 
18x double sides board sections 
55x cards 
12x dice 
A variety of counters and markers for tracking your heroes as they gain experience and skills under the city of Hammerhall 

£90, on sale 25th Feb.

I think no new models, just remaking the sprues for the blightkings so they are more like the Kairic acolytes out of Silver Tower and not the Kairic Acolytes out of the new releases. Easier assembly, less room to modify/convert, easier to target the casual gamer or new people.

5 hours ago, Brucimus said:

£90, on sale 25th Feb.

If its 90lb, which in GW land is $150, that is a solidly terrible model lineup. Maybe the worst since Fyreslayers release.

I'll be picking up the game scraps from somebody else.

ETA: Also, for the record, the lineup sounds fake, mostly because we didn't get full 5 and 10 man squads in Silver Tower

12 minutes ago, Thundercake said:

I think no new models, just remaking the sprues for the blightkings so they are more like the Kairic acolytes out of Silver Tower and not the Kairic Acolytes out of the new releases. Easier assembly, less room to modify/convert, easier to target the casual gamer or new people.

I would be surprised. They are most likely the exact same sprues that come in all the boxes. Why would they make a single unique sprue just for this ox and leave all the others the same? Using nothing but existing sprues likely saves them a TON of money. It's disappointing that the games isn't a bit cheaper with that consideration...

1 minute ago, arnoldrew said:

I would be surprised. They are most likely the exact same sprues that come in all the boxes. Why would they make a single unique sprue just for this ox and leave all the others the same? Using nothing but existing sprues likely saves them a TON of money. It's disappointing that the games isn't a bit cheaper with that consideration...

why did they do it for the silver tower acolytes when they were releasing them within 6 months as a faction?

5 minutes ago, Thundercake said:

why did they do it for the silver tower acolytes when they were releasing them within 6 months as a faction?

Maybe because they didn't want to release Silver Tower 8 months later? Those are two entirely different circumstances. Every single thing in the Silver Tower box was a unique model. that was one of its features. Only lately did they release the heroes on their own, and then even more recently they entirely remade two of the units in the box as separate sprues with options.

Archived