Carry Cases

Soulsmith

Hey guys, just wondering what people opt for in terms of carry cases? I'm curious about ones like KR cases, especially as they seem rather variable. But I have no idea on size requirements, and would need variety as I have small infantry, monstrous infantry, cavalry, monstrous cavalry.

If it's only short-ish journeys in your own transport, then magnetised cases are great as your units are all together and there's no foam to bulk out the overall amount you are carrying. If your figures are going on long journeys (notably flying trips), or being handled by others during their journey, then foam is safer for your them.

If a model is magnetised to its carrying facility, lots of bumps on the journey can cause bits to break as there is no 'give'.

I've attached metal sheets from cheap whiteboards (Wilko's!) inside Really Useful Boxes for cheap, effective transport for reasonably short journey's. I've got about 2,000 points stored and ready for travel for about £15.00p total (boxes, metal and magnets).

I don't think anyone's worked the ultimate way to safely, cheaply and effectively transport an army, yet...

2 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Carrying large of decent size armies for Chaos is hard as everything has spikes or dangly skull bits on.

It's why I went with such a large case so everything has wiggle room 

How about the inside of this case?

I am flying between continents and sometimes want to play AoS when I have a vocation to go home ( relocated from China to work in Denmark).

When I was transporting all my prosecutors with wings on airplane, I broke half of them even I prepared very carefull special foam.

Just wonder why GW have so stupid design on something that we really need in high volume.

29 minutes ago, Aeonotakist said:

How about the inside of this case?

I brought my own foam which I've cut to fit the case, and just slot the foam I want for the models required 

It's a secure box, I can attach like 6 padlocks onto it and comes with a metal strip which you can lock all 3 cases together.

I now use Really Useful Boxes. Got my Stormcast army in a KR Case but had to custom cut alot of holes due to the size of the models and had to magnestise the wings of everything so they fitted without snapping.

Now for my Sylvaneth, Destruction and Ironjawz I use 50 litre Really Useful Boxes. I know alot of people use magnets and metal sheeting to keep things sound. I use good old Blu-tack.  Got Treelords, Mawkrusha and the likes all held down by Blu-Tak and travelled up and down the country with them in the boot and they never come off.

2 hours ago, Wraith01 said:

I use a shoe box...

Seriously!

I like A-case and Battle Foam but I haven't bought anything yet, it's all so expensive. I could use that money on more figures or more paints... or video games.

Plonking down a carry case and removing models is oddly satisfying 

I store (and carry) larger armies in foam in card boxes, eg KR or other brands (I have a few different - prefer KR). Any of them will fit in my larger back pack. My favourite case is a KR with half width troop trays and half width pick and pluck to carry a Mutalith or Necrosphinx etc. 

However, I also have a GW skirmish case which I find great for transporting 1k to play with on a Thursday evening, or a couple of units and paints to take on holiday etc. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry to open this up again, but does anyone know if the GW Crusade Case can comfortably go in the overhead locker on European flights? Mainly EasyJets 56 x 45 x 25cm. If anyone's got the rough dimensions of the case that would be appreciated as well :)

3 hours ago, Aggesut said:

Sorry to open this up again, but does anyone know if the GW Crusade Case can comfortably go in the overhead locker on European flights? Mainly EasyJets 56 x 45 x 25cm. If anyone's got the rough dimensions of the case that would be appreciated as well :)

Not sure about Easyjet, but I've used the Crusade case on round trips between Norway and England a couple of times. The case itself fits well in the overhead compartment, no issues. But the backpack-thing (which I also bought), is a bit much. You'll need to take it off to fit them both overhead.

None of my models broke though, so it worked for me.

I recommend getting early in line for boarding though, you want to be sure you get the space you need for the case.

I have used many methods to include the GW and magnets.  However, hands down battlefoam is the king of army transportation.  Not only does it protect your army better than anything, but it is one of the fastest methods to pack up your models.  I am in the process of transitioning all of my foam to this.

On 1/1/2017 at 7:31 PM, Darth Alec said:

Not sure about Easyjet, but I've used the Crusade case on round trips between Norway and England a couple of times. The case itself fits well in the overhead compartment, no issues. But the backpack-thing (which I also bought), is a bit much. You'll need to take it off to fit them both overhead.

Hey, thanks for the answer - brilliant!

Which carrier is this on? Norwegian?

I move house a lot thanks to work and I've found 4L really useful boxes with either magnets or blutack to be the best solution for moving a large collection. I've tried every case GW has released as well as KR multi cases and the new zigzag foam is my favourite for its adaptability.

Archived