LVO 2022 Predictions

Kronos

So fs with their 2 non hero kits got nothing in their battlebox but nighaunt with 10+ kits got a new unit.....glad that isnt a new daemon or sc unit as every aos new unit have been allways but it is infuriating.

Also fyreslayers are useless and umplayables rigth now and seems we havent hope of a tome soon to fix this mess

1 hour ago, Lightbox said:

A ranged unit?? In death??? With likely more than 9" range????

Preposterous... 

Hey now! Chainghasts actually have a 15” range with their thrown flails. :D (I actually never noticed until they became my top threat in AoS:Stormground)

So I’m imagining 24” range with how elite the Cravenking’s guard look.

• Like 1

Btw i have done numbers and seems the box is way umbalanced towards daugthers?

Dok cost around 125€ without hero while ghosts are around 80€ without hero and new unit?

So new unit of 5 rangued ghost cost 45€ that is unlikely when reapers or gerridans cost 35 the unit of 5x2 or seems umbalanced as was the prior dok vs slanesh or goblin vs silvaneth box

Well I guess we now know that all the important reveals will be at Adepticon in late March!  Interesting they made Ka'Bandha, the MOST armored Bloodthirster in the Warp.  Unfortunately they labeled it a Forgeworld model, really looked like a plastic model for a bit, and was labeled Horus Heresy, which gave me the feeble foolish hope of a new GW proper plastic Horus Heresy game.  Frankly Forgeworld needs to suffer Exterminatus.  With 3D printed plastic these days, GW could easily make things to order way easier than FW, no molds needed.  Just foolishness!

• Like 1

Maybe but it’s hard to deny they cater to the hobby whales that brings in a princely sum. When people post their Imperial Knight legions(literally a near a hundred of those things) or stuff like Smaug with a diorama around him the only thing that makes your jaw drop harder than the dedicated work is the price they paid for it.

Maybe in a round a decade they can change up to something else but for now they’re better than other alternatives GW can employ to gouge mega bucks out of people.(fervently prays the 40k stickers are the closest to NFT’s they’ll ever get)

@Gaz Taylor @KingBrodd (et al mods) -Fancy closing or merging this thread with the new and rumour as all has been revealed and is now really just news discussion.

As you were. 

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Well I guess we now know that all the important reveals will be at Adepticon in late March!  Interesting they made Ka'Bandha, the MOST armored Bloodthirster in the Warp.  Unfortunately they labeled it a Forgeworld model, really looked like a plastic model for a bit, and was labeled Horus Heresy, which gave me the feeble foolish hope of a new GW proper plastic Horus Heresy game.  Frankly Forgeworld needs to suffer Exterminatus.  With 3D printed plastic these days, GW could easily make things to order way easier than FW, no molds needed.  Just foolishness!

As an admirer for decades of Forgeworlds high end quality I couldn’t Disagree more with that sentiment. I don’t have a 3D printer myself, and every 3D print I’ve ever bought has just been sub par, some obviously better than others. But it just doesn’t hold a candle to the quality and detail of a Forgeworld model.  Then again, Horses for Courses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Kronos said:

As an admirer for decades of Forgeworlds high end quality I couldn’t Disagree more with that sentiment.

Yeah, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I don’t think I’ve seen a bad FW sculpt in the last decade. They have some truly impressive pieces.

The only downside with them is resin and the prices but they’re still solid designers.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Doko said:

Btw i have done numbers and seems the box is way umbalanced towards daugthers?

Dok cost around 125€ without hero while ghosts are around 80€ without hero and new unit?

So new unit of 5 rangued ghost cost 45€ that is unlikely when reapers or gerridans cost 35 the unit of 5x2 or seems umbalanced as was the prior dok vs slanesh or goblin vs silvaneth box

I think the ranged unit will be 32,50, the (larger) Nighthaunt hero as well and the dok hero 25.

So 145 for Nighthaunt vs 150 for Daughters isn't that much of a difference

8 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I don’t think I’ve seen a bad FW sculpt in the last decade. They have some truly impressive pieces.

The only downside with them is resin and the prices but they’re still solid designers.

Apart from the Stormcast heads, are there AoS things from the last decade?

As for 3d prints, they require cleanup to really shine, which is time easily spent as a hobbyist but not as a business, and Heroforge is a popular but subpar vendor.

I'd say poor quality control, poor stocking, no AoS designs, no rules support and poor customer support are problems with FW outside of just resin and prices.

32 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Apart from the Stormcast heads, are there AoS things from the last decade?

There was the 2015 Shartor the executioner 

image.jpeg.005a6c29a2bb9aba679eb127b6800477.jpeg

And that absolute unit of a Shadow Realm God-Beast killed by Khorne and resurrected into a dragon Herald up in the Orb Infernia sub-Realm, Vorgaroth and Skalok in 2018.

image.jpeg.fae1b9a898b0323f84446c929865f0ec.jpeg
image.jpeg.907ab27980c1af9fb3e8e71c18d8e2e8.jpeg

I do wish they’d make more humongous monsters of the Realms. Though I’d also settle for more kitbash parts like those female Stormcast heads. :D 

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

There was the 2015 Shartor the executioner 

image.jpeg.005a6c29a2bb9aba679eb127b6800477.jpeg

And that absolute unit of a Shadow Realm God-Beast killed by Khorne and resurrected into a dragon Herald up in the Orb Infernia sub-Realm, Vorgaroth and Skalok in 2018.

image.jpeg.fae1b9a898b0323f84446c929865f0ec.jpeg
image.jpeg.907ab27980c1af9fb3e8e71c18d8e2e8.jpeg

I do wish they’d make more humongous monsters of the Realms. Though I’d also settle for more kitbash parts like those female Stormcast heads. :D 

Ah, but these have both been dumped already.

Shar'tor was a brilliant model that could have used someone speaking the name aloud before sticking it on the box and some decent rules.

Sklalok and Vorgorath are, let's say, a less brilliant model.

17 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I'm not saying anything by Forgeworld is bad at all, it's almost all amazing and always at least good!  I'm also not saying the consumers should be 3D printing the models that they design.  

But first and foremost, resin, especially the kinda FW uses, kinda sucks for many purposes; it can warp horribly and breaks more easily, and generally the impressive monster models weigh quite a bit more than the plastics which makes precarious poses....precarious.  Second, resin comes from molds, and molds can and do go bad or tear, then production has to stop; also even the finest resin casting operation is less consistent than injection molding (ie. bubbles).  Third and mainly, the business-silo of Forgeworld just doesn't make sense anymore; they have immensely good ideas but are all tied up in just a handful of exceptionally talented folks who (and this has happened) if they pass away or just leave otherwise then the whole thing is deadlocked.  What they do deserves (and in the last few years has gotten) more attention and support to deliver to a greater array of consumers.

What I'm saying is that Forgeworld should be more like GW's made-to-order section of the shop.  They can get all the absurd amounts of detail and grace in a 3D model, and they can use some world-class 3D printers to print the super fancy stuff to-order in a strong highly detailed plastic.  This is happening now already in the miniatures-world.  They could make stuff at better prices, and still retain better margins.  From a business standpoint, designing and then making stuff and then hoping people will buy it is stupid.  Designing isn't free of course, but certainly cheaper than going ahead and producing a whole bunch and sitting on it, which creates increased pressure to invest in more marketing.....still hoping people wanna buy it all.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 6:12 AM, Doko said:

So fs with their 2 non hero kits got nothing in their battlebox but nighaunt with 10+ kits got a new unit.....glad that isnt a new daemon or sc unit as every aos new unit have been allways but it is infuriating.

Also fyreslayers are useless and umplayables rigth now and seems we havent hope of a tome soon to fix this mess

People keep saying this but am I missing something that makes the battle box warscrolls official? I didn’t see them added to the app or any faq. So FS should be t he same as they have been. Not good, not bad, matchup dependent. 

On 1/28/2022 at 9:17 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

There is a big plastic box for HH coming at some point, photos of it leaked half a year ago. Characters like this are most likely always going to be resin though, even if/when more core stuff moves to plastic. 

Edited by Still-young