New AoS app now available

HollowHills

20 minutes ago, Zaiko888 said:

I saw it now says you need the battletomes to see the rules for older armies. Does this mean you need Warhammer+ or how do you get the battletomes ? Says the same thing for the core rules artefacts too. Didn't see this posted anywhere .

Strange - I can see everything just fine still, and don't have Warhammer +. Maybe a glitch, or I got lucky? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zaiko888 said:

I saw it now says you need the battletomes to see the rules for older armies. Does this mean you need Warhammer+ or how do you get the battletomes ? Says the same thing for the core rules artefacts too. Didn't see this posted anywhere .

You probably need to close it and reopen. I've gotten this error consistently since launch but that has fixed it. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EntMan said:

Is there somewhere to report errors in content in the new app to GW? And do we know how often they will be updating it? 

Any issues use this link

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3DSRJ8N?utm_source=WarhammerCommunity&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=TryOutWarhammerAgeofSigmarTheAppandtheStormForgeArmyList-buildingToolRightNowforFree15092021&utm_content=TryOutWarhammerAgeofSigmarTheAppandtheStormForgeArmyList-buildingToolRightNowforFree15092021

Updates seem regular (on iOS) and recent one was a few days ago.

1 hour ago, Zaiko888 said:

Might be an issue with your copy? I’m not subscribed to Warhammer+ and can still see everything (apart from rules from new Stormcast and Orruks but I see Warscrolls fine). I’m on a iPhone.

• Thanks 2

It periodically locks things down for people seemingly randomly as some sort of error. This means they have built in the ability to do it into the app, which worries me that that is what they are planning to do in the future...but they haven't done it yet, so if you're getting that message, it's just a bug for now at least. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

It periodically locks things down for people seemingly randomly as some sort of error. This means they have built in the ability to do it into the app, which worries me that that is what they are planning to do in the future...but they haven't done it yet, so if you're getting that message, it's just a bug for now at least. 

My thought is they can't lock access to the old tomes within a free version of the app because the old tomes don't have codes. So my guess is the old tomes will be "free" to W$+ subscribers and all that I'll get on my app is core rules and FAQs.

34 minutes ago, EntMan said:

My thought is they can't lock access to the old tomes within a free version of the app because the old tomes don't have codes. So my guess is the old tomes will be "free" to W$+ subscribers and all that I'll get on my app is core rules and FAQs.

Right, that'll presumably be the plan, definitely for the army rules. There's still some hope that the scrolls themselves might stay free, though I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yukishiro1 said:

Right, that'll presumably be the plan, definitely for the army rules. There's still some hope that the scrolls themselves might stay free, though I wouldn't bet on it.

I wanna know if unlocking the book unlocks the warscrolls or if they're gonna ask me to buy the book for my army rules AND subscribe for digital scrolls.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 7:49 PM, Scurvydog said:

I have a redeemed Stormcast code and the last few days everything is now locked again for them despite redeeming the code. I have tried to restart the phone and also uninstalled and reinstalled the app... just great :(

Same!

I've sent them an email about it... See if anything changes🤬 

UPDATE: all my redeemed stuff is working again now👍

Edited by AdamR
Update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah the app is really top-notch. Quick, clean, well organized and updates nicely. (Would be nice to have the digital library back even just for a quick jaunt through old tomes but oh well)

Interestingly I noticed the Ogor Mawtribes on the app can ally with Kruleboyz Troggoths for Mirebrute leaders & sloggoth beasts(those would make great Ghurian food carts) too but I can’t seem to find a reference to it elsewhere like in faqs. Stealth update I suppose?

19 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah the app is really top-notch. Quick, clean, well organized and updates nicely. (Would be nice to have the digital library back even just for a quick jaunt through old tomes but oh well)

Interestingly I noticed the Ogor Mawtribes on the app can ally with Kruleboyz Troggoths for Mirebrute leaders & sloggoth beasts(those would make great Ghurian food carts) too but I can’t seem to find a reference to it elsewhere like in faqs. Stealth update I suppose?

The consensus seems to be that if something is only in the app and not in books or FAQs then it doesn't count and is probably a mistake/unintended.

• Thanks 1

That's old. The current allies list is in the 2021 Pitched Battle Profiles, which says Gitz (Aleguzzler Gargants and TROGGOTH units only). So the only Troggoths you can take as allies as ones from the Gitz book per the actual rules.

Maybe they will errata that at some point to match the app and allow KB Troggoths too, but right now the app is out of step with the actual rules. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 1