AoS 3 - Nighthaunt Discussion

dmorley21

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Not going to lie, recently i started skipping on warscroll cards. I used to always buy them and they were great for their cost. But when it came to Orruk Warclans and Eternals. The price was so close to a battletome, that i'd rather just get the battletome. Hopefully it's just because they had a lot of scroll entries, because if that's the new normal, i'd rather not. Especially with all the FAQ errata updates that happen quite often these days. 

33 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Ditto. I bought the SCE ones, opened them and realised I'd never use the majority so just flogged them. Uhmed and ahhed about getting them as well as I find I just don't use them when playing. Even less so now with the app. 

I made my own. Drew up a template, jiggered in stolen battletome resources, inserted warscroll details. Laser printed and laminated. Yeah, way cheaper than the decks, and also easy enough to replace when a rule changed.

But, I still want the official ones this time around.

• Like 2

Markers are something I miss. Again though, that's something that annoyed me with the SCE ones as they didn't have one for everything. I used to buy all merchandise for my armies but nowadays there's more pressure on my finances and I have to pick and choose. Seen a lot of creative scratch build markers using spare bits recently so think I'll be doing that moving forward. 

1 hour ago, Neck-Romantic said:

The lantern rumor pic looks like the new book hero announced

Definitely not the same one though. 

Also, if there is a ghost boat, I don’t think it would be a monster keyword. I’d guess it would be more like the Black Coach or the KO boats - behemoth, but not a monster. 

So the AoS App has been updated with FAQ/Errata for Nighthaunt.

The Emerald Host has added "Nighthaunt General" to the Hexwraiths ability, which answers the question regarding Bodyguard saves and excludes Nagash 100%.

Furthermore, Nagash does provide the 6+ ward save and he can use spectral summons.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Just saw there’s Nighthaunt FAQ for in the app. They never advertised this, but it clears up how Nagash works. No bodyguard for him, but he does grant Deathless and Spectral Summons. 

Perhaps they still have to roll out the faq on the website. I indeed see that Deathless Spirits and Spectral Summons works with him. But I don't see anything about the bodyguard rule whatsoever in that 26th of Jan FAQ. Not that i've been using the bodyguard rule with Nagash even once. I also didn't use deathless and spectral summons with him. Now... stuff gets interesting. I can now constantly bring my dreadblade to tactical positions, and when Nagash is in danger i can just summon a unit directly to him that also benefits from deathless! Simply amazing. 

Edited by That Guy

35 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Perhaps they still have to roll out the faq on the website. I indeed see that Deathless Spirits and Spectral Summons works with him. But I don't see anything about the bodyguard rule whatsoever in that 26th of Jan FAQ. 

Look at the Knight of Regret rule. They changed it from “general” to “Nighthaunt General”. 

34 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Look at the Knight of Regret rule. They changed it from “general” to “Nighthaunt General”. 

😮 True. It's still wonky though. Why not just FAQ Knights of Regret for completeness. Now everything says Nighthaunt Hero/General is required, but for Deathless Spirits and Spectral Summons they specifically FAQ'd them for Nagash. Why not also just write a line about the Knights of Regret... It's fine like this I guess. but still. 

On 2/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, darkdaysdawn said:

A new Boat-hemoth Monster, please! With spooky cannons, of course. 

It could end up being a terrain piece or endless spell. Or its a complete curveball and were getting an undead ghost Krakeneater gargant model (calm down brodd :) ), and the rumor engine ship prow is just a gribbly bit on the model. Or it could be totally unrelated and be for a smaller game like blood bowl. We saw the snotling pump wagon, I wouldn't be surprised if its something similar for a dead team/. 

Is certainly does resemble the prow of a ship, but it could also be some type of chariot or other wooden construct. 

Nighthaunt have such a wide range of kits, I'd be really (and pleasantly) surprised if they get anything beyond the new boxed set hero and crossbowmen unit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ranzou said:

Ah there we go. It was already published on the app, but now on the community website as well. I'm going to keep my eyes open on the app from now on. Also funny remark, but is it just me or is the AoS app regardless of basically being a replica of the 40k app just so much better working. Besides now randomly the Arcane Tome artefact being broken(it doesn't allow you to pick a spell anymore on the app) i've not seen any weird point issues or stuff not working properly/crashes, which I do experience constantly in the 40k app. 

4 hours ago, That Guy said:

Ah there we go. It was already published on the app, but now on the community website as well. I'm going to keep my eyes open on the app from now on. Also funny remark, but is it just me or is the AoS app regardless of basically being a replica of the 40k app just so much better working. Besides now randomly the Arcane Tome artefact being broken(it doesn't allow you to pick a spell anymore on the app) i've not seen any weird point issues or stuff not working properly/crashes, which I do experience constantly in the 40k app. 

Maybe I'm dumb, but where is the FAQs in the app? I see the changes when I look at Nagash or Emerald Host specifically, but nothing notified me of a change and I don't see a FAQ page. Latest update seems to be December.

10 minutes ago, EnixLHQ said:

Maybe I'm dumb, but where is the FAQs in the app? I see the changes when I look at Nagash or Emerald Host specifically, but nothing notified me of a change and I don't see a FAQ page. Latest update seems to be December.

If you click on Core Rules and go to Battletome: Nighthaunt you should see it just got updated on January 26th. It was weird that they didn't notify about it at all otherwise though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1