Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

So

moon, magic/contemplation: Teclis
sun martial/action: Tyrion

horns, crescents, 'calm' = Teclis

model design incorporating wind = wind(s) as faction mechanic??

This pic reminds me of the other rumor mill that looks like a Dark Elven goblet, so my guess is that rumor confirms new DOK and/or Malerion elves?

dbf1b934.jpg

The woman next to it seems to have missed her aetherquartz before battle too hmm...

I'm not sure the calm one is Tyrion, especially since he's linked with the Mountain rune.  Every time they've talked about Tyrion, they've used "fiery" and "sun" as his discriptive words, even in the same article talking about Eltharion's swords.

I still stand by my prediction that they won't reveal Tyrion till Adepticon.

That said, I want to know who the female aelf with the veil is!

That cape goes down below the base of that... stone he sits on. There's something down there...

That was a good tease. Too little answers, but maybe we'll get something tonight.

I also don't think tyrion is mountain dude, he's more affiliated with fire which would be zenith i guess? Also goes well as the counter to moon/ Teclis.

Awesome. I doubt that we are going to get 4 different archmage models to represent the mountain/river/wind/Zenith in addition to other heroes so I'm betting that this miniature has a staff/head swap to represent a devotee of any of the 4 elements.

• Like 4

He is definitely not Tyrion, I stand corrected. When they first released the article they only showed the lower half and I got carried away by the excitement, but given the moon symbolism he seems to be more clearly affiliated with the "Teclian" side of Lumineth. I'm also curious about the veiled miniature, because it gives me very strong Bretonnia vibes...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Whats up with this elven heads?! I just hate then. Same "old nun" look than Teclis

That's how old high elves looked like too. I have IoB miniatures and they also have that angry look.

1 minute ago, Thaliontil said:

it gives me very strong Bretonnia vibes...

So I wasn't alone thinking "that's aelven damsel of the lady!".

• Like 2

Man, The  faces on Lumineth are really hit or miss, aren't they? I was getting used to Teclis's face, and now we have two bloody aweful faces in The mountain mage and the Veil Woman. I have to say it kills my enthusiasm a bit, but it may just be the paint job. I think in my hands they would look better, but that may just be pride talking. Still, I have to examine the model more. I know there is a guy on a podcast that gave really sound advice. look at the pictures in black and white if you can.

That said I love the fluff they have given us, if even it's a little bit. The fact Teclis is not using Celenar as a beast of burden now makes the design style make more sense. They share a base, and now one isn't going to be more prominent than the other. I love the idea of stoic but strong Mountain units, and I have to say that I'm excited to see more units. I really think we're going to be getting a ton of heroes, maybe in a Battle-mage multi pack or something. I just hope we see a melee hero soon! (you know, outside of eltharion)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, michu said:

That's how old high elves looked like too. I have IoB miniatures and they also have that angry look.

I have the full high elf range. Angry is ok, the Horns and the cloth around it is awfull.

Glad i have a bag of elven heads for swaps lol

1 minute ago, Acid_Nine said:

Man, The  faces on Lumineth are really hit or miss, aren't they? I was getting used to Teclis's face, and now we have two bloody aweful faces in The mountain mage and the Veil Woman. I have to say it kills my enthusiasm a bit, but it may just be the paint job. I think in my hands they would look better, but that may just be pride talking. Still, I have to examine the model more. I know there is a guy on a podcast that gave really sound advice. look at the pictures in black and white if you can.

I think the veiled one will look good "zoomed out" but yeah, i share your felings. I hope ther eis a "Tyrion  half" to be revealed with a diferent look in the heads/helmet department

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I have the full high elf range. Angry is ok, the Horns and the cloth around it is awfull.

Glad i have a bag of elven heads for swaps lol

Seems like Aelves are really vain.

I can't see anything wrong with those faces.

• Like 1

@michu I agree, I don't really have any problems with the heads.

One of the things I have found interesting about all these released pictures is that they keep talking about the moon imagery for Teclis and the sun for Tyrion being the design philosophy.  Yet they've almost exclusively been showing the Teclian half of the range so far.

• Like 3

the veiled female elf has a laurel wreath, which implies royality. so she is likely a queen or princess

If she is a named character, Aliathra could be a potential world that was character

edit: she also looks like a challenge for my current painting skills...

Edited by Turin Turambar
  • Like 2

I first saw the article and my heart sank, as I scrolled and saw teclis... I was like really just going to go over the same silly stuff for the last two models. then started reading and saw the new previews.... hmmm I dislike the heads, but head swaps are easy depending on how they are modeled. but I will probably be doing a lot of model editing magic on the heads of all of these models. I really dislike the helms and decor they are wearing.... 

As someone mentioned before, the arch mage on the rock I bet will have swappable gear to make them attuned to which ever spirit you want your high mage to be. I am curious as to the brazier and what it is connected to, will this be part of a leader model a big mage kit, the scenery "unit" or something else. also the elven lady who others have pointed out looks insanely close to the damsel from brettonia.... wonder is she is going to be a basic mage, or part of another unit or some kind of special character.

I do like that it looks like we will get a nice range of male and female models in the release, but some of these pictures make me wonder how many units and kits we will actually get. hell maybe the damsel will be part of Tyrion's kit.

I dunno- I thought the veiled head looked really well done-looking forward to seeing the rest of that model.

Also, the ‘mark of Teclis’ seems to be the old rune of Asuryan, which still features prominently on the Phoenix guard kit (iirc it’s on the throne of the anointed on Phoenix model as well). I still wonder if Phoenix temple might have at least a partial link to the lumineth

• Like 3

After pouring over the pics a little more, I have to say that the Eltharion model continues to delight me.  He might wind up being my first project just because of how awesome he is!  I really neat detail is that on his back sheath, he has the "Asur" rune of old.  That little nod to the world-that-was pleases me to no end!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Azamar said:

I dunno- I thought the veiled head looked really well done-looking forward to seeing the rest of that model.

Also, the ‘mark of Teclis’ seems to be the old rune of Asuryan, which still features prominently on the Phoenix guard kit (iirc it’s on the throne of the anointed on Phoenix model as well). I still wonder if Phoenix temple might have at least a partial link to the lumineth

I agree on both points

11 minutes ago, michu said:

Seems like Aelves are really vain.

I can't see anything wrong with those faces.

lol, duh. 

I will say that games workshop is not great face painting.... not that I am amazing either but the plastic is what matters not the paint job. I don't care one way or the other about the faces. some of the detail can be removed to smooth out a face if needed, and some of the details may be just paint. what bothers me is the helms, but historically for me. GW has been horrible about helms and head dressings being atrocious. Not trying to take anyone's enjoyment out but for me I never really care for the way they make helms and helm adornments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr2spyderguy said:

lol, duh. 

I will say that games workshop is not great face painting.... not that I am amazing either but the plastic is what matters not the paint job. I don't care one way or the other about the faces. some of the detail can be removed to smooth out a face if needed, and some of the details may be just paint. what bothers me is the helms, but historically for me. GW has been horrible about helms and head dressings being atrocious. Not trying to take anyone's enjoyment out but for me I never really care for the way they make helms and helm adornments.

Looking closer at the mage, i think he’d look a lot less goofy if his eyes had been painted closed- something about the intense stare with that zen like pose just seems off. The prominent lower lip doesn’t help either but again I think that’s the paint rather than the model itself.

I can get past the giant horns- elves have never really been known for their sensible, understated headgear after all. 

Very happy with the glimpses of new models. The sitting mage looks great, but the headdress is to big for my taste. the veiled elf and the bowl look very intriguing. the overal direction of these models is great. looking forward to the rest.

some things I noticed:

the rune of Asuryan is now the sun- spirit rune? "His longer sword displays a fiery rune running the length of its blade, and he has a matching scabbard bearing the rune of the sun spirit" 

I'm expecting Tyrion to ride a sun spirit. Teclis has Celennar with him, representing the moon spirit. We've seen this moon and sun theme run though all the models, so it would make sense for Tyrion to ride a sun spirit.

• Like 2

Good catch!  After looking at it, I'm going to have to disagree with @Azamar.  I think the old Asur rune is Tyrion's symbol, and Teclis' symbol is the big combo rune that combines all of the elements, seen on Teclis' belt.

Another observation with the new banner pic, I wonder if that belongs to the hammer unit?  The artwork for that character had the "cracked stone" look they're associating with the mountain rune.  Looks like, instead of White Lions, we're getting Bull Hammerers.

If we are to get a Tyrion model ( and it's a big if ), then I would think He will have either eyeless sockets or a cloth over them, or something along those lines.  Any model with perfectly good eyes is unlikely to be Him. It is a distinctive feature of Him after all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Good catch!  After looking at it, I'm going to have to disagree with @Azamar.  I think the old Asur rune is Tyrion's symbol, and Teclis' symbol is the big combo rune that combines all of the elements, seen on Teclis' belt.

Another observation with the new banner pic, I wonder if that belongs to the hammer unit?  The artwork for that character had the "cracked stone" look they're associating with the mountain rune.  Looks like, instead of White Lions, we're getting Bull Hammerers.

I misread the article and thought the mark of Teclis was referring to the scabbard in the picture right below, but yeah reading again it’s the mark of the sun spirit

• Like 2