Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

8 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the "warden of Ymetrica" is the figurehead of all the Tyrionic Nations?

That, together with them mentioning that the Bladelords are from Tyrionic nations makes me think that no one has to fear/hope we are getting another Battletome soon. 

That they felt that they need to put Tyrion’s greatest general into Ymetrica. I think from a lore POV it will be explained via the invasion of Arkhan into Ymetrica, Tyrion likely sends help and that’s how Lyrior, a Tyrionic champion, ends up with that title. We know already that the invasion is repelled (initially). 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the "warden of Ymetrica" is the figurehead of all the Tyrionic Nations?

As @LuminethMage says, it may not be so odd from a lore point, but it does worry me that many of our named characters are going to have the Ymetrica keyword; I think Sevireth will also be from Ymetrica since the Seven Winds of the Sariour Plateau is in Ymetrica.  I would prefer it if they were spread more evenly across the Nations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

As @LuminethMage says, it may not be so odd from a lore point, but it does worry me that many of our named characters are going to have the Ymetrica keyword; I think Sevireth will also be from Ymetrica since the Seven Winds of the Sariour Plateau is in Ymetrica.  I would prefer it if they were spread more evenly across the Nations.

I would too, but that isn't the GW way. They pick a dedicated subfaction and just trundle all of the characters into it.

• Like 1

Yeah, sadly. They didn't really choose Ymetrica well for that though. It's so connected to the Alarith - if they don't change this in the new Battletome - it doesn't really make for a good representative for the whole faction, like the Anvil's do or Hag Narr for example. 

Hopefully we get a bit information on Tor Amun or any of the other larger cities, although in the end it might just be about the Sariour Plateau ... . 

But - otherwise - back to HYPEEE MOOOODE : ). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Yeah, sadly. They didn't really choose Ymetrica well for that though. It's so connected to the Alarith - if they don't change this in the new Battletome - it doesn't really make for a good representative for the whole faction, like the Anvil's do or Hag Narr for example. 

Hopefully we get a bit information on Tor Amun or any of the other larger cities, although in the end it might just be about the Sariour Plateau ... . 

But - otherwise - back to HYPEEE MOOOODE : ). 

They did seem to imply that faction rules may be changing (but that could just be Warhammer Community making mistakes as they have in the past). Fingers crossed Ymetrica changes.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

They did seem to imply that faction rules may be changing (but that could just be Warhammer Community making mistakes as they have in the past). Fingers crossed Ymetrica changes.

Yup, Ymetrica should change, if they do not add another GN. So let's hope they do it. 

Btw. this might be interesting for people here, as we have many good painters. A Lumineth discord has a Hobby Contest coming up in April: 

Spoiler

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

Yeah I don't like the precedent of having 1 great nation per Aelemental Temple allegiance ability focus. I'd be much happier with 7/8 being generic buffs that effect all lumineth, but certain units more than others. Like a retreat and charge or +2 movement, +2 Bravery, ect. Then 1 great nation can be the Temple focused one, where they have a passive buff for aelementari units, or maybe a "pick your alemental" focus and they get these buffs, since this nation is all about the Aelementors.

Then you could have more refined temples buff in the warscroll battalions to further theme your force.

• Like 3

All I honestly plan to preorder is the lore seeker and the campaign book. I hope they reworked a few rules, but overall I am quite excited!

not excited to see how much this is going to break my wallet, but excited to see the new dudes! I am just happy to have a proper hero or two... and maybe have a list that doesn’t being Avalorn in it (despite how good he is)

• Like 1

From a player who wasn't too impressed by the initial LRL wave, I am seriously excited by the new releases. Absolutely awesome.

Glad I bought my Ltd Ed battletome now. Although I think my bank manager will be wringing his hands in despair. I can see a few hundred quid disappearing over the next few months.

(I mean, seriously... wow... If Sigvauld is beautiful then what are these??)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

From a player who wasn't too impressed by the initial LRL wave, I am seriously excited by the new releases. Absolutely awesome.

Glad I bought my Ltd Ed battletome now. Although I think my bank manager will be wringing his hands in despair. I can see a few hundred quid disappearing over the next few months.

(I mean, seriously... wow... If Sigvauld is beautiful then what are these??)

Great to see more people being drawn to the light : ). That seems to be the general tenor - a lot more people being impressed by the second wave. And although I love the initial wave the second one also topped it for me. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately, us in Aus suffer just a tad with that haha. I was comparing the costs with other stuff in the Lumineth range and most of it seems to line up with the current stuff. We have a pretty pricey army considering the amount of boxes we need to buy, but on the bright side they’re freaking incredible models haha.

Also, I really hope they do an article tonight. I’m foaming at the mouth for some info!

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

He does have a sword in addition to his lance so he might have more melee attacks, but yeah it seems kinda odd

• Confused 1

Yeaaaaaaa, I dunno about the attacks in melee. He looks fun though, and I hope any nation can take him (or ymetrica gets fixed beyond being cow boys)

ALSO, Ellathor is holding the perfect Fenestra guard too, which I am quite happy to see as a former historical fencing buff

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1

UK prices for anyone interested 

- Broken Realms Teclis: 32,5€ - £25.00

- Lumineth Battletome: 32,5€ - £25.00

- Lumineth Warscrolls: 20€ - £15.00

- Scinari Loreseeker: 22,5€ - £18.50

- Scinari Calligrave: 22,5€ - £18.50

- Vanari Bannerblade: 25€ - £20.00

- Starshard Ballista: 40€ - £31.50

- Lyrior Uthralle: 42,5€ - £34.50

- Hurakan Windchargers: 50€ - £39.50

- Sevireth: 42,5€ - £34.50

- Vanari Bladelords: 45€ - £36.50

- Ellania & Ellathor: 35€ - £20.00

- Hurakan Windmage: 30€ - £22.50

- Shrine Luminor: 45€ - £36.50

- Mortevell's Helcourt: 65€ - £50.00

- Horrek's Dreadlance: 90€ - £74.00

- Invidian Plaguehost: 70€ - £55.00

- Xintil War-magi: 65€ - £50.00

• Like 1

I am really wondering about the ballistas: why are they so expensive? They do not seem to be bigger than the Stormcast ones.

Is there anything known about the base size? I am quite excited how many would fit into our different army tactics, 1, 2, 3 or even 4?

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I'm new to this topic, new to LRL army and new to AOS (I was a battle high elves player 15 years ago... ouch!)

I learned a lot of things reading your comments guys, so thanks a lot. I'm eager to do my first real battle : after lockdown and after assembling enough figurines.

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Great to see more people being drawn to the light : ). That seems to be the general tenor - a lot more people being impressed by the second wave.

I don't have this feeling.  I mean, the new model are awesome (with a lot of movements and details). But I don't like at all their oversized helmet! What did they do?? Is it even possible to wear a 1m/20kg helmet like the new Sangoku or the two brother/sister have :D

33 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Lyrior only getting 1 melee attack with his Lance seems like a typo surely haha

You are right. I hope the typo won't be in the new battletome. + I'm a bit disappointed about his melee range. I was hoping for him and other bladermaster a 2" because the sword is huge!

40 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Well, the Dawnriders only get one melee with their lance, so seems to fit the style so far.  WiIl it have something like the Deathly Furrows ability that the Dawnriders have?  BUT its a missile and a melee weapon.  So does that mean it can attack in both of those rounds?!? (and I like his command point generation!)

And how the Altairi Blade gains damage as the game goes on?  Hmmmm.  nice!

All to be REVEALED!!  So excited.

Edited by Wyliekyote
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, adboyslim said:

But I don't like at all their oversized helmet! What did they do?? Is it even possible to wear a 1m/20kg helmet like the new Sangoku or the two brother/sister have :D

Haha, I was thinking the same thing as I first saw these models. They look kinda weirdly proportioned. The big heads make them rather look like children.

3 minutes ago, Wyliekyote said:

Well, the Dawnriders only get one melee with their lance, so seem to fit the style so far.  BUT its a missile and a melee weapon.  So does that mean it can attack in both of those rounds?!? (and I like his command point generation!)

And how the Altairi Blade gains damage as the game goes on?  Hmmmm.  nice!

That is true, maybe he has the furrows ability the dawn riders have, and can gain extra attacks based off of the wound count. His sword may also be good, so we will see in the future! And yes, that does mean he can attack twice on the player’s turn.

I do like the damage stuff, but considering how most combat goes on around turn 2-3, the payoff won’t be too good. I do like how they can be allied with any armies too.

I am dying to see what the lore seekers are like too. Gimme Gimme Gimmie!

• Like 4