Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

3 minutes ago, Percivael said:

So the warscroll cards, are they in the box or not?

C0BD5251-4E8C-4075-ADD4-43780930FC28.png

145F9D33-4DBA-4FCD-A31B-8473A4588671.png

31F1B6A1-2972-4A39-A801-0BFDEF07F5ED.jpeg

If it turns out the warscroll cards arent in there it's going to be a tragedy. Does look like false advertising though as they are mentioned no where. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

As far as i can tell i call ******. 

from GW predorder Page:

"a fully customisable set of aelven infantry armed with massive pikes that make for the perfect objective holders and defensive troops in your force"

"a fully customisable set of aelven horsemen capable of  carving through enemy infantry with contemptuous ease"

From the GW WarhammerCommunity Article:

"The Lumineth Realm-lords Army Set is packed with full, customisable kits for some key units – the Vanari Auralan Wardens and Vanari Dawnriders – led by the breathtakingly awesome Light of Eltharion" (they did the bold lettering. not me. they did that.)

I was already doubting it when i saw the pictures of sprews in the article not finding any customisable parts exceot one single bit namely an alternative left hand (sword hand) for the leader of the Wardens. Then i looked through the sprew images on the preorder at GWs page and found a single second head for the Dawnriders Leader. And in that image the resolution isnt even good enough to tell the difference i can just say that there are 4 normal helmets and 2 helmets with the leader head gear. 

I didnt ask for fully customisable kits but if they come around with bold lettering to praise customisability they are taking the ****** for not delivering. They are literally advocating customisability in the actual preorder itself. 

Please somebody tell me what I am missing on the sprews. Like i missed a whole different set of helmets or a whole different set of shields. Tell me I am blind please.

As @Icegoat said, these are the new design of "fully customisable kits," gone are the old style. I for one prefer the new design of "customisable" kits.

Gone are the days of the old fully adjustable arms, heads, waists, leg style kits and whilst those old kits were technically more "adjustable," they ended up with awkward unnatural posing under the guise of being "more customisable."

Whilst the new design of kits don't give you this level of adjustability, I prefer the new designs by a significant margin. Take for example the Namarti units, just enough options to change heads, weapons and minor pose adjustments, whilst still maintaining some incredibly dynamic and realistic posing.

Edited by Schulzy
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

If it turns out the warscroll cards arent in there it's going to be a tragedy. Does look like false advertising though as they are mentioned no where. 

They already confirmed on Facebook that the warscroll cards are not part of the box. They’ll come extra when the rest of the Lumineth will be released. Only the ability/trait/spell cards are in the box. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

They already confirmed on Facebook that the warscroll cards are not part of the box. They’ll come extra when the rest of the Lumineth will be released. Only the ability/trait/spell cards are in the box. 

Wow, that means they flat out lied in that trailer for it. Those messages clearly show him saying warscroll cards are in the box.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Wow, that means they flat out lied in that trailer for it. Those messages clearly show him saying warscroll cards are in the box.

Yep that’s what I thought. It’s hilarious that the trailer makes a big fuss of the warscroll cards being in...the...box and then they’re not in the box at all! Obviously a mistake. Oh well those other cards with spells and traits on etc. are really nice and probably exclusive to the box. Anything that makes gaming smoother is a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percivael said:

So the warscroll cards, are they in the box or not?

C0BD5251-4E8C-4075-ADD4-43780930FC28.png

145F9D33-4DBA-4FCD-A31B-8473A4588671.png

31F1B6A1-2972-4A39-A801-0BFDEF07F5ED.jpeg

I wondered the exact same thing. I even went back and watched the video again.

Edit, I suppose it does explain the price being so reasonable. I’m not too bothered. I’m happy with the reference cards and tokens.

Edited by GrimDork
  • Like 1

So, can wardens drop the shining company and charge in the same turn. For example, they march up under fire, turn 1, in shining formation. Turn 2, I need a charge, can I drop the shining company and then move/charge normally? Or would I have to spend turn 2 moving out of the shining company formation and then charge on turn 3?

3 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

So, can wardens drop the shining company and charge in the same turn. For example, they march up under fire, turn 1, in shining formation. Turn 2, I need a charge, can I drop the shining company and then move/charge normally? Or would I have to spend turn 2 moving out of the shining company formation and then charge on turn 3?

You can charge, you just break the shining company cohesion and lose the affects, from my understanding. I’m mainly unsure on whether you can return to the formation or if once broken it can never take affect again.

Edited by Tiberius501

25 minutes ago, ArchaicArc said:

You would have to move out of company formation in the turn 2 movement phase to be able to then charge in the turn 2 charge phase.

22 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

You can charge, you just break the shining company cohesion and lose the affects, from my understanding. I’m mainly unsure on whether you can return to the formation or if once broken it can never take affect again.

As long as you are in formation you cannot charge at all. So you have to move out of it in the movement phase if you plan on charging.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So 2 more questions and then I’ll (try to) stop being annoying haha.

1) Is it going to be easy enough to get all 10 Dawnriders to get within 2” of the enemy, or is it better to use them in units of 5?

2) Do we have some ways of keeping our Stonemages alive?

This is 2” melee range for a cavalry model in the second rank. So it’s technically doable but I think it will be hard to consistently fight in two ranks as cavalry.

621CD2AD-C899-43A9-9163-5482E3AFCD15.jpeg

• Thanks 1

As for keeping stonemages alive it’s hard to say. We know there’s an endless spell and Aetherquartz that can help with protection, and there’s the 4+ revival item from Iliatha. But we have not seen the regular command traits or artefacts.

34 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

2) Do we have some ways of keeping our Stonemages alive?

With Teclis he can be pretty survivable. 4++ fomr Zaitrec artifact, 5++ from Teclis spell. +1 save from sniffing quartz (don't know the base save, but hey its something). 4+ spell shrug from Teclis. Potentially -1 to hit from battle cattle (but then half your army is Teclis, Stonemage and Cow level). Are RLR always from hysh? Otherwise there are some defensive realm artifacts. Without Teclis its a lot harder.

Edited by umpac
  • Thanks 1

i'm fairly new to AoS proper but i'm confused as to why so many people seem to think you can only get Shining company upon setup?

The rule doesn't state "if the unit is set up base to base get shining company" it states "After set up, when models are touching base with 2 other models get shining company" Any turn during the game is "after set up", why can i not Turn 1 be shining, turn 2 move and charge, turn 3 move back base to base to get shining company. It is still after set up?

Am i just being dim?

4 minutes ago, Arentius said:

i'm fairly new to AoS proper but i'm confused as to why so many people seem to think you can only get Shining company upon setup?

The rule doesn't state "if the unit is set up base to base get shining company" it states "After set up, when models are touching base with 2 other models get shining company" Any turn during the game is "after set up", why can i not Turn 1 be shining, turn 2 move and charge, turn 3 move back base to base to get shining company. It is still after set up?

Am i just being dim?

You seem to intentionally misunderstand the rule, yes. First of all it doesn’t say ”After set up, when models are touching base with 2 other models get shining company”. It says ”after set up[..] if the base of each model[..]then that unit becomes a shining company.”

it then also clearly state that you lose the bonus as soon as you move out of formation.

While you are technically correct that the entire game takes place after set up, the ”after set up” in the rule is clearly a trigger for when they gain the rule, not something meant to say ”hey this applies for the entire game” because if the rule was meant to work anytime you moved into base contact it would have said that, not used this overly complicated writing instead.

Does anyone know the Rockpicks rules? is it a mortal wound on a 6+ to hit in addition to a wound roll, or does the attack sequence end after you roll a 6 like in wardens?

I do wonder what an FAQ will bring too. maybe the shining company rules will change like the plague monk's did just to make it less confusing, but to be fair I think it could also be fairly prone to abuse.

1 hour ago, Falkman said:

You seem to intentionally misunderstand the rule, yes. First of all it doesn’t say ”After set up, when models are touching base with 2 other models get shining company”. It says ”after set up[..] if the base of each model[..]then that unit becomes a shining company.”

it then also clearly state that you lose the bonus as soon as you move out of formation.

While you are technically correct that the entire game takes place after set up, the ”after set up” in the rule is clearly a trigger for when they gain the rule, not something meant to say ”hey this applies for the entire game” because if the rule was meant to work anytime you moved into base contact it would have said that, not used this overly complicated writing instead.

Intentionally? If it was intentional why would I ask the question in the first place? I’d have taken my interpretation and go merrily on my way.

I appreciate the clarification So thank you but you could do with working on not coming off so condescending To someone asking a simple question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Catching up and a few things:

1: Are we sure the warscroll cards are not part of the reference cards? GW change the card format alot and there are 36 cards,

2: I like the idea of 10 dawnriders. Easier to buff a big block with movement increase and ethereal and have them just act as a distraction/smash some units while your Wardens move up to objectives. 10 can throw out a lot of damage and even threaten big monsters/characters

3: If you are a new player to AOS, be very careful with this army. it is not a point and click/easy ride like Bonereapers. It will very much be like old high elf armies, and be very good and competitive if you play it well, but will be tough

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

3: If you are a new player to AOS, be very careful with this army. it is not a point and click/easy ride like Bonereapers. It will very much be like old high elf armies, and be very good and competitive if you play it well, but will be tough

Lol nope, just bring Teclis, Etharion or whatever this ghost armor is called, 20 wardens and rest in archers. You will point click everything and absolutly dominate without even trying x D.

• Confused 1