Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

3 minutes ago, Casandora Yellow said:

Maybe they learned how to dodge arrows or sword swings like Han Solo .😆

If there is anyone in Star Wars I could say dodged a light saber, I don’t think Han is one of them. He walked right into one!

but that’s besides the point. Anyone else getting an itchy trigger finger for these guys? I keep wanting to make some kind of aelf list besides my idoneth, and I keep getting disappointed. I need more pointy ear ******!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

If there is anyone in Star Wars I could say dodged a light saber, I don’t think Han is one of them. He walked right into one!

but that’s besides the point. Anyone else getting an itchy trigger finger for these guys? I keep wanting to make some kind of aelf list besides my idoneth, and I keep getting disappointed. I need more pointy ear ******!

I keep opening Azyr and scrolling through Cities of Sigmar and other Order lists wishing I could muck around making Lumineth lists. 

• Sad 1

Sprues and Brews have a cool article up looking at what they hope to see when the new Lumineth arrive!  I really hope Tyrion features in a big way in the new book - although I expect you would not be able to fit both in a 2k army :(

https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/01/30/lumineth-realm-lords-what-wed-like-to-see-in-the-new-battletome/

Edited by CaptainBerk

1 hour ago, CaptainBerk said:

Sprues and Brews have a cool article up looking at what they hope to see when the new Lumineth arrive!  I really hope Tyrion features in a big way in the new book - although I expect you would not be able to fit both in a 2k army :(

https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/02/02/seraphon-battletome-what-wed-like-to-see-in-the-new-battletome/

The link is about Seraphon :D

I just hope they'll get a very nice big Dragon model. - Gw is really lacking concerning good looking dragons.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The link is about Seraphon :D

I just hope they'll get a very nice big Dragon model. - Gw is really lacking concerning good looking dragons.

I just hope that the dragons they give us are better. The dreadlord is so disappointing compared to the OOP dragon lord it hurts, at least from how I see it.

It’s really interesting to see what everyone liked most about the HE. For me it was all about the mages (Saphery, Hoeth etc.). That was one of the things which was great about the old HE, all the distinctive Kingdoms and play-styles. I hope we get 4 equally distinctive ways with the Lumineth. So far it sounds good, but I would be really sad if there was no magic heavy faction for example. 

I don’t know why but I’m sure there will be greatswords. Maybe because they showed Swordmasters in the Pointy Aelves video. 

38 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

It’s really interesting to see what everyone liked most about the HE. For me it was all about the mages (Saphery, Hoeth etc.). That was one of the things which was great about the old HE, all the distinctive Kingdoms and play-styles. I hope we get 4 equally distinctive ways with the Lumineth. So far it sounds good, but I would be really sad if there was no magic heavy faction for example. 

I don’t know why but I’m sure there will be greatswords. Maybe because they showed Swordmasters in the Pointy Aelves video. 

For some reason I’m concerned it’ll be a unit of hammers instead, due to the rumour engine of an elven looking hammer head. I know it doesn’t mean anything lol,  but this army is perfect so far so there’s bound to be something I don’t like with it, right?

New member here and first post, but just figured I would throw my two cents in.

I love the new models, the units are incredible, I dabbled in warhammer fantasy and was forced away from the high elves which was the only army I really wanted to play due to a friends campaign when I was getting started. eventually I moved to undead (VC specifically). I stayed away from age of sigmar, waiting for the "high elves" release, this will be my entry into the game as some others have commented.

What I would like to see (assuming we get the 9-10 kits in the same vein as previous recent releases.)

1. Wardens being a dual kit (option for spear/swordmen and archers or some hybrid like the old sea guard)

2. dawn riders - dual kit to allow a nice melee cavalry and also a reaver style option.

3 Eltherion is fine as is, he might be our larger "monster unit"

4 Teclis is fine (I am reserving judgement till I see him in person, GW can mess up faces as others have said). I also highly doubt he will be a dual kit unless you have the option to remove Teclis and just have Celennar which I doubt 

5 I think they will/hope they have a dual kit melee lord (this mirrors the other releases) Tyrion on a dragon esque mount with generic melee lord option built in. (will probably be our second centerpiece model for those who want more melee and less magic

6 monsterous smaller cavalry something dragon-esque. I am still sad they took away ordo draconis. maybe as a dual kit with the option to put mages on them to have some kind of wizard unit. If this unit could fly it could be part of the Sky unit theme

7 I would love to see some kind of shadows unit, something with some infiltration ability so we can have some tactical options.

8 swordmasters/warrior mage unit, something heavy hitting and heavy armored

9 some kind of magic lobbing or bolt throwing war machine

10 various mage heroes and support wizards.

I doubt all of this will happen since shadows are still around for CoS. I do love the aspect elemental style theme. I really think that they can do justice to Tyrion putting him in the release as he is the tactical warrior side to the lumineth gods. I feel like from what they have already released and the name lumineth lord"s" it makes sense. Plus seeing the other releases having two big centerpieces and having a melee leading general and a magic leading general options.

I also agree with others based on the rumors I dont think that we will see Tyrion get his own separate release of winged angelic aelves. I think it would make more sense business wise to release him with Teclis. why have your big release for the re imagined "high elves" and push people away by not including him for another year or two. However all in all I am super excited for this release and actually interested in playing AoS now.... now to just find people I know who are willing to get into the game with me LOL!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

For some reason I’m concerned it’ll be a unit of hammers instead, due to the rumour engine of an elven looking hammer head. I know it doesn’t mean anything lol,  but this army is perfect so far so there’s bound to be something I don’t like with it, right?

Honestly IMO, which I know is just speculation also. that rumour engine picture looks like its a piece to something greater not a hammer. how many hammers have a giant hole in the middle of them, kind of defeats the purpose of a heavy bludgeoning weapon to have a giant chunk out of the middle of it. Also all the other hammers or bludgeoning weapons have the look of a weighty hammer, this rumour engine pic doesnt have that feel to me.

That being said I also understand that AoS is super high fantasy and anything could be the case.

@Tiberius501 Have some faith friend!  And I posted this over in the rumor section, I'm not sold on those "hammers" being actual weapons.  The staff they are both connected to seems too flimsey for a weapon, and both of the "hammer heads" look to be made of different materials.  I think it has something to do with the various subfactions.

@Mr2spyderguy Welcome aboard!  It's a good time to be a Pointy Aelf!