Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

1 minute ago, Mordeus said:

Freakin awesome! This is a really nice take on the older kit, a good evolution that still works next to it. We are going to see some crazy stuff from people when its out, seeing the amount of golden demon winners in the past that used the giant model.

The Golden Demon dioramas people are going to make are going to be incredible. Sons of Behemat VS Lumineth Mountain Spirits!!

• Like 1

That sentence "can be taken by any army" is exactly what I feared most.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for doom and gloom as I am genuinely happy for those who wanted this army but my fear of pushed rules designed to sell expensive kits with mo regard for game balance is only exacerbated by this news.

Lovely models though. Truly.

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Maybe this is the wrong thread for doom and gloom as I am genuinely happy for those who wanted this army but my fear of pushed rules designed to sell expensive kits with mo regard for game balance is only exacerbated by this news.

They're allies so I doubt they'll be a problem. They won't have any synergies with the army.

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I was against the Sons being taken by all Armies when it was first rumoured but I've personally moved past it. I'm just so glad the big ladz are exactly what I wanted. The more the merrier.

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Neither did Knight Castellans and Blood Angels.

It should be noted that AOS doesn’t use the same ally rules. They have had strong monsters for a long time that can ally and they haven’t had major problems in AOS. This is due to most armies not functioning properly without their own allegiance abilities (which is why alliance armies are so hard to build compared to allegiance armies.)

only difference is these bois ally with all the alliances.

At best this gives other armies one big giant to work with, or 2 small ones. But they will lack any rules that make monsters work (and we are gonna need rules to Be competitive, monsters by their very nature start out at a massive disadvantage to other unit types in AOS. This is not the same as 40k where armies get blown off the table by turn 2, objectives need bodies and lots of them. Elite armies only work when massive damage is given to them or rules that fix their outnumbered problem is implemented)

Absolutely great preview. Though one thing slightly irritates me: that is going to be just one kit! It´s comparable to the GUO kit where you can get 3 different models out of one boxed set but after you build them you notice that they are (1) pretty similar looking and (2) not the best kit to get really different models out of.

So GW seems to run their usual buisness: reate 1-2 new kits, write a book and here it is: the new ARMY. I´m not sold though I immediately looked where I could get an Aleguzzler kit. :D

9 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

First off - I love these huge lads! I can't wait to own them all.

Secondly - Look @ the hooded dude, the hammer he is wielding, it looks like a different angle of the "King Brodd" pillar rumor engine? I'm seeing similar spikes and maybe similar chains? 

I'm wondering the same. I cannot wait to see different angles of these guys. I'm wondering if the horns strapped to the back of the Warstomper are from a Cygors Skull?

12 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

I really hope that Destro get most of the goodies from the Gargant. Maybe some stuff on their warscrolls that only works on Destro stuff. Else everyone is gonna run one. Because why not.

I do too hope that Destruction remains the main source for them. Have them gain special buffs or bonuses for being run in Destruction and more so as a pure Sons army. Maybe give them drunken stagger or another penalty if not so.

3 hours ago, MKsmash said:

They're about the same size as Archaon and slightly less fancy, so probably $130 ish. 

Don't forget price creep.  Katakros is pretty small, only 1 sprue (which includes a base) and is $110 which I believe makes him the most expensive piece of plastic in the range (not counting little character sprues) 

I would be very suprised if this was less than $150.  

I only hope that they designed this with the ability to intermix with future sprues/kits.  a whole army of the same pose is not fun. (yes they bend at the elbow and twist a little at the waist maybe) 

8 minutes ago, Jmason said:

The kit even has a bag of trinkets 

Just have to totally reculpt the legs. 

Might be able to use the feet. 

Add talons and scales.

Reculpt the head, maybe using theirs for a base. 

It'll be a project for sure.

Oh, 🤔 and add those lovely (  •  )(  •  ) !!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1