Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

4 minutes ago, Archibald said:

So one big Gargant and a Mancrusher box added to my existing giant will be 1000p.😎

@KingBroddΒ I can only assume your level of excitement! You deserve your gargants more than any other!\(^.^)/

Give us rules!

Thanks mate I'm actually over Da Bad Moon about it!! So ****** pleased right now!!

• Like 1

It's odd they showed off nine warscroll cards, perhaps eight if they always have a duplicate display one. I don't recall these things being a stock image so surely that confirms 8-9 warscrolls?Β 

There are four warscrolls we know of in SoB and then three mercenary warscrolls. I'm guessing Mancrushers get one or two.Β 

It's a bit odd to see Brutes on the cover. Perhaps they're just for scale purposes but I think that hints at some hidden ally mechanics for them and perhaps other Destruction races. I wonder if it's lowkey a Dogs of War Destruction army of sorts.Β 

41 minutes ago, MarauderSquig said:

It's odd they showed off nine warscroll cards, perhaps eight if they always have a duplicate display one. I don't recall these things being a stock image so surely that confirms 8-9 warscrolls?Β 

There are four warscrolls we know of in SoB and then three mercenary warscrolls. I'm guessing Mancrushers get one or two.Β 

It's a bit odd to see Brutes on the cover. Perhaps they're just for scale purposes but I think that hints at some hidden ally mechanics for them and perhaps other Destruction races. I wonder if it's lowkey a Dogs of War Destruction army of sorts.Β 

3 Mercenary Gargants, 3 Mega Gargants, 1 Mancrusher, so that's 7. I don't know what would account for the others.

Edit:

It could be a weapon option for Mancrushers.

Edited by Dankboss

46 minutes ago, MarauderSquig said:

i think each mercenary gets it own scroll (judging by Bundo Whalebiter getting his own) and then the vanilla mega gargantsΒ get one as well.

So it be

Bundo, Drog, Grunnock, areΒ three separate ones

Krakeneater, Warstomper, Gatebreaker

Mancrushers: 1 or two

so that seven to eight warscroll right there

Ahhhh! Just woke up.....what have I missed! What have I missed!.....Wow what a ****** awesome front cover.....and it's even got my brutes there......Stone throwers!.......I told you there would be stone throwers.....all I need now is a star drake skull on the back of that warstompa and we're cookin with gas!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Ahhhh! Just woke up.....what have I missed! What have I missed!.....Wow what a ****** awesome front cover.....and it's even got my brutes there......Stone throwers!.......I told you there would be stone throwers.....all I need now is a star drake skull on the back of that warstompa and we're cookin with gas!

It's all just so incredible isnt it!!

• Like 3

As I said previously, we also got mystic shield on those tokens. Im hoping we have a preview of something like a "build a warlord" kind of thing, where we can make the leader tankier, a mage or something along those lines instead of relics/warlord traits.Β Cause otherwise those tokens seem kind ofΒ weird placed in the set.Β 

But i'm buying all of it, LE tome another tome to use in tournaments etc.

Need a gargant community event with like 20-30 megas a side on a big ol' WHWorld Table :DΒ 

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

As I said previously, we also got mystic shield on those tokens. Im hoping we have a preview of something like a "build a warlord" kind of thing, where we can make the leader tankier, a mage or something along those lines instead of relics/warlord traits.Β Cause otherwise those tokens seem kind ofΒ weird placed in the set.Β 

But i'm buying all of it, LE tome another tome to use in tournaments etc.

Need a gargant community event with like 20-30 megas a side on a big ol' WHWorld Table :DΒ 

KO and Fyre also had Mystic Shield tokens afair - most likely for when taken as an Ally. The only question areΒ Triumphs in form of tokens. I assume we will have similar Battle Trait as KO or LrL.

Thoughts:

No special dice!

I suspect the mystical shield is just because it's the standard AOS set of tokens, and there is nothing else to fill the set. Not expecting a wizard.

I wonder if the extra warscroll cards are all our allegiance abilities (which would be awesome).Β Could also just be duplicated cards just for the photo. Not expecting any extra warscroll profiles other thanΒ what was in the GHB2020 plus 3 mercenaries.

Two Mancrushers in a box? GW really wants us to buy 3x2 of them. Boxes of 3 would have made more sense. Not ideal for anyone wanting 3 or 9.

Anyone think we might get a Christmas battleforce box? Three Mancrushers and a Mega Gargant. 1000pts done.

There's going to have to be lots of fluff in that battletome to pad it out. That Imperial Knights codex had a lot ofΒ heraldry colour schemes (from what I remember). Expecting lots of artwork and photos and expanded painting guides.

Β 

42 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

Thoughts:

No special dice!

I suspect the mystical shield is just because it's the standard AOS set of tokens, and there is nothing else to fill the set. Not expecting a wizard.

I wonder if the extra warscroll cards are all our allegiance abilities (which would be awesome).Β Could also just be duplicated cards just for the photo. Not expecting any extra warscroll profiles other thanΒ what was in the GHB2020 plus 3 mercenaries.

Two Mancrushers in a box? GW really wants us to buy 3x2 of them. Boxes of 3 would have made more sense. Not ideal for anyone wanting 3 or 9.

Anyone think we might get a Christmas battleforce box? Three Mancrushers and a Mega Gargant. 1000pts done.

There's going to have to be lots of fluff in that battletome to pad it out. That Imperial Knights codex had a lot ofΒ heraldry colour schemes (from what I remember). Expecting lots of artwork and photos and expanded painting guides.

Β 

So long as its chock full of lore I'll be happy as!!

6 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Has anyone noticed just how big those tokens are?

Are they larger than normal?

11 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Found on facebook.

Take it with the usual pinch of salt althoughΒ the pricesΒ  for the non gargants items seem legit, we might just assume that...

I have to say my excitement for the big ladsΒ has dropped significantly, hopefully the rules will pull it back up.Β 

120611708_10158941818716983_2584598452381800232_n.jpg

Eek, only planning on one Mega-gargant here but that's quite an asking price if true...

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

@GutlordΒ Looks as though the Warstompers back is actually the Gut Plate posted as a Rumour Engine all those months ago!!

127184978_Screenshot2020-10-05at11_01_35.png.8c832837cfe3c72c892331b1d65e21d6.png

Looks to me like the shoulderplate and the tusks from a thundertusk. If that is a gutplate, the gargant wouldn't be much bigger than an average ogor.Β 

And "trophies from the weak" is a funny side note regarding the current state of the thundertusk.Β