Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Nothing weird. I'm trying to build two armies with GW sculpts that I like:

• An old school-looking dwarf throng, as big as I can. Waiting for Arcane Journal. Still missing:
    • Between 40 and 60 Dwarf Warriors
    • Bunch of Heroes (I only have 1 runelord and Thorgrim so...).
    • General must be Helga on 3 shieldbearers.
    • 12 Miners
    • 18 Rangers
    • 16+ 6e editions longbeards.
    • 2 cannons.
    • Engineers and stuff like that (at least 2 more gryos for a nice Barak-Nar like fleet).
  • An small army of Slayers:
    • Need Youngrim (and Arcane Journal)
    • Doomseekers
    • Garagrim
    • A bunch of Heroes (I only have 1 Ungrim).

I'm working on quarrellers and designs for transfer sheets (still learning how this work) and looking for schemes. I'm going for an unified looking crest and emblems.

Sounds cool!

• Like 1

This is the second post I’ve seen in a week about Vampire Counts returning because of the Success of Old World. Anyone heard similar. I don’t know the reliability of this but it’s not too far fetched ? Consume with salt. 

IMG_7508.jpeg

It's plausible existing rumours mixed in with made up provocative stuff to make /tg manbabies get mad. "Chaos Dwarfs aren't coming because antisemitism even though they've teased them, referenced Hashut loads and put two of them in Warcry warbands" is inane, "High Elves and Wood Elves are being retired from AOS" suggests they have no idea what they're talking about at all

45 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

It's plausible existing rumours mixed in with made up provocative stuff to make /tg manbabies get mad. "Chaos Dwarfs aren't coming because antisemitism even though they've teased them, referenced Hashut loads and put two of them in Warcry warbands" is inane, "High Elves and Wood Elves are being retired from AOS" suggests they have no idea what they're talking about at all

It has been commented in the global Rumour Thread. Mainly discarded.

• Like 1

Good news for french players : the translated rules for Arcane Journal - Orcs and Goblins are available to download on Warhammer Community's download site : here

It's just the rules, the background section isn't there.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Good news for french players : the translated rules for Arcane Journal - Orcs and Goblins are available to download on Warhammer Community's download site : here

It's just the rules, the background section isn't there.

Oh wow, I didn’t know they’d do that.

awesome,

although less for me😂, I don’t particularly speak the french language at all

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Oh wow, I didn’t know they’d do that.

awesome,

although less for me😂, I don’t particularly speak the french language at all

Well, the fact they released the entire rules of the Arcane Journal "for free download" is actually a good sign for the other languages, original included. Maybe they will release all Arcane Journals the same way in the future for all ? Since they don't include the background section, it still gives a point of buying the book.

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

Well, the fact they released the entire rules of the Arcane Journal "for free download" is actually a good sign for the other languages, original included. Maybe they will release all Arcane Journals the same way in the future for all ? Since they don't include the background section, it still gives a point of buying the book.

Not for all languages. *Cries in Spanish*

• Sad 4

16 hours ago, Kronos said:

This is the second post I’ve seen in a week about Vampire Counts returning because of the Success of Old World. Anyone heard similar. I don’t know the reliability of this but it’s not too far fetched ? Consume with salt. 

IMG_7508.jpeg

I find it plausible that Vampire Counts could be the first army to graduate from Legends to Core, but this particular rumour post has zero credence from me. It is just too obviously fake.

But Vampire Counts have a lot of potential for old models to be brought back (a bunch of characters, the old Black Coach, old Skeletons and Zombies...). I think if Gravelords get another update in 4th, we might be at a point three years from now where Vampire Counts could make their return.

• Thanks 1

All previous Battle factions will eventually come back, it's just a matter of time, plus Cathay and Kislev as new factions. Vampire Counts have nothing more than the others don't on that matter, everything told in "rumors" is wishlisting at this point.

Funny how their female dwarves have smaller feet than the males. They're nice, they have a more AoS vibe to me IMHO. Makes me think of the comic series "Dwarves" (granted, it's directly inspired from Warhammer Battle dwarves).

Spoiler

91BsUhs5bfL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Sunday Preview – Darkoath Marauders, Old World Orcs, and More - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

SundayPreview Apr14 LadyDuchaard

Seems we are clearing a lot of the remaining pending stuff. Now that this has happened I see Dawis being released before AoS 4.

Also, c'mon GW. Was so complicated to have the new pegasus mini released along with all its three options instead of selling the three sprues in combinations of two as two separate products?

• LOVE IT! 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:53 AM, Kronos said:

IMG_7508.jpeg

In the same handful of posts this "rumor" says TOW is "underperforming against projections" and selling so far above those same expectations that they're bringing back more old factions.  It can't even maintain consistency with itself, let alone with reality.  It's bologna.  A bunch of baseless speculation - if any of it does happen it will be by coincidence only.  Ignore it.

• Like 2

Is there any idea of how much the Casket od Souls will cost? I am hoping no more than the Screaming Skull and it is I think a smaller mini. Probably too much to hope that it is the same as the Tomb Scorpion at ~£25!

1 minute ago, Goatforce said:

Is there any idea of how much the Casket od Souls will cost? I am hoping no more than the Screaming Skull and it is I think a smaller mini. Probably too much to hope that it is the same as the Tomb Scorpion at ~£25!

We won't know the price until Saturday. Also, the Casket of Souls got a bit of refinement work, so I would say that puts an extra price on it.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

We won't know the price until Saturday. Also, the Casket of Souls got a bit of refinement work, so I would say that puts an extra price on it.

I mean, so did the Scorpion, it had its legs changed to ball socket connections to the body instead of pegs. Maybe more minor than the Casket's added soul stuff but still there's hope!

I would say that the issue is it seems really good so maybe GW will be a bit cheeky with the pricing, but then the Carrion don't seem to be and they are outragously expensive, and the Scorpion is pretty reasonable.