Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

6 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I doubt they'll go back to the 6th Ed list until it's time for them to be in-focus again. 

Really? I'm really interested in the monopose and comical chaos dwarfs from early days. I don't know why, but I prefer them than the Tamurkhan ones

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sception said:

GW no longer publish rules for models they don't make

If memory serves, we have already seen in one of the almanacs that you can have a damsel on pegasus but they're not selling the mini, so I am not sure this will be entirely true for the old world

• Thanks 1

Just saw the battle report and... this is actually very good?

It really is a better battle report than most of those that we had on the WD during 7th and 8th. It's compelling, has some narrative, and can be understood whitout even knowing anything about english. Credit where credit's due, it really acomplishes the objective to show the mechanics of the TOW to old fans, and teach them to new ones.

So, the fact that this was uploaded behind a paywall just ashtonises me.

• Like 6

What variant army lists do you think we are going to get for the Old World? We know of Bretonnia having the Errantry Crusade and Exile variants, do we know of something similar coming in the Tomb Kings book?

Personally, I'm hoping we get the Slayer Host of Karak Kadrin (like the Storm of Chaos army list) for Dwarfs. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Personally, I'm hoping we get the Slayer Host of Karak Kadrin (like the Storm of Chaos army list) for Dwarfs. 

That would be badass!

Some people made an "old compendium" with all alternative Dwarf lists: Royal Clan, Guild Expedittion, Defensive Force, Ungrin-Ankor Guardians and the already mentioned Karak-Kadrin.

• Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

57 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Just saw the battle report and... this is actually very good?

It really is a better battle report than most of those that we had on the WD during 7th and 8th. It's compelling, has some narrative, and can be understood whitout even knowing anything about english. Credit where credit's due, it really acomplishes the objective to show the mechanics of the TOW to old fans, and teach them to new ones.

So, the fact that this was uploaded behind a paywall just ashtonises me.

Yeah, I saw it yesterday and I liked it too. It seems to me an improvement. A solid update over 8th. It's indeed bizar that they hide it behind a paywall. It would have been excellent advertising.

• Like 3

Oh, btw, now here it comes one very real bitching moment about a big thing that sucks about all of this:

RELEASE ALL OF THIS ON SPANISH AS WELL

Like, goddamnit, Fantasy has aaaaaallways been a very important game in Spain. Back at the day, the ratio between fantasy/40k players was ABYSMAL, like nowadays with 40k and any other games. Buds came to play on miniatures, they started warhammers. We had stores in almost every big city. And it was easy af to find players from Cádiz to A Coruña, passing thru Madrid, Valladolid, or Barcelona. ******, you could even find Fantasy tournaments with 50ish buds on ****** 2016 when the game was already dead! And some of the most popular "prologues" to 8th rules were made on this country. At some point it was easier to find spanish people playing warhammer than chess!

Nowadays, true, 40k is the current Main Game, but i know many spanish bros that havent lost their faith on the game, that play AoS with square bases, and that still keep their big armies, waiting for The Old World to come. To now see that, at least on a release note, the rulebook for the precious return of Fantasy, the once Main Game on Spain, is ENGLISH only.

Esto es inadmisible.

GIVE US THE BOOKS ON SPANISH GAMES WORKSHOP LA MADRE QUE OS PARIÓ

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Marcvs said:

If memory serves, we have already seen in one of the almanacs that you can have a damsel on pegasus but they're not selling the mini, so I am not sure this will be entirely true for the old world

And don’t forget sergeant at arms and squires. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Oh, btw, now here it comes one very real bitching moment about a big thing that sucks about all of this:

RELEASE ALL OF THIS ON SPANISH AS WELL

Like, goddamnit, Fantasy has aaaaaallways been a very important game in Spain. Back at the day, the ratio between fantasy/40k players was ABYSMAL, like nowadays with 40k and any other games. Buds came to play on miniatures, they started warhammers. We had stores in almost every big city. And it was easy af to find players from Cádiz to A Coruña, passing thru Madrid, Valladolid, or Barcelona. ******, you could even find Fantasy tournaments with 50ish buds on ****** 2016 when the game was already dead! And some of the most popular "prologues" to 8th rules were made on this country. At some point it was easier to find spanish people playing warhammer than chess!

Nowadays, true, 40k is the current Main Game, but i know many spanish bros that havent lost their faith on the game, that play AoS with square bases, and that still keep their big armies, waiting for The Old World to come. To now see that, at least on a release note, the rulebook for the precious return of Fantasy, the once Main Game on Spain, is ENGLISH only.

Esto es inadmisible.

GIVE US THE BOOKS ON SPANISH GAMES WORKSHOP LA MADRE QUE OS PARIÓ

Same thing in italy, Fantasy has always outsold 40k. when the End Times happened a lot of people moved to 9th or completely dropped. Unfortunatly gw doesn't seems to like italian translation (codexes and battletomes are full of errors)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

In the last stream  Valrak confirmed next pairings to be O&G vs Dwarfs 

Followed by Empire vs Empire ( not 100% sure about this)

No mention to time release 

Ugh! How long am I going to have to wait for Wood Elves to return?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, tmugna said:

Same thing in italy, Fantasy has always outsold 40k. when the End Times happened a lot of people moved to 9th or completely dropped. Unfortunatly gw doesn't seems to like italian translation (codexes and battletomes are full of errors)

I think it is something that happens overall. I've seen ppl complaining about this with other language translations as well.

Edited by Ejecutor

Just come over here from the AOS Rumour thread, hello!

Out of interest is there any word on whether TKs are going to get any new plastic models, or are they just getting the resin stuff as far as we know? I know there were rumours about a new Chariot TK and Mummies but I have a feeling that they were untrue

I can't find it via any sites, but does anyone have a list of the base packs? I know there's the 100-pack for 30mm, but what does the stock standard pack come as?

I ask as I need 115 30mm, 15 60x30mm, 2x chariot bases  and whatever a Wyvern comes on. So many orcs. So many.

Just now, Goatforce said:

Out of interest is there any word on whether TKs are going to get any new plastic models, or are they just getting the resin stuff as far as we know? I know there were rumours about a new Chariot TK and Mummies but I have a feeling that they were untrue

The only plastic one confirmed is the dracodile with lichepriest/tombking. They might eventually get new core skeletons, but that'd also need them to redo the chariots, archers, and horsemen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goatforce said:

The dragon is plastic. Doesn’t seem like they’re getting anything else in the near future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

What variant army lists do you think we are going to get for the Old World? We know of Bretonnia having the Errantry Crusade and Exile variants, do we know of something similar coming in the Tomb Kings book?

Sunday Preview – Prepare to enter the World of Legend - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

Expand your Tomb Kings of Khemri army beyond Ravening Hordes with this paperback Arcane Journal, featuring rules for magic items and three heroes of the dead, including the iconic first Tomb King, Settra the Imperishable. You can also theme your army around two Armies of Infamy – Nehekharan Royal Hosts or the Mortuary Cult, each with its own unique units, which have full profiles in the book. You’ll also learn more about the Tomb Kings, their history, and the sinister Land of the Dead from which they hail.

3 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

This is all for the moment.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, michu said:

ChaosHounds.jpg.d3e3e71060a55aee87266fab3333cd83.jpgThey did in a really distant past

I'm strangely fascinated by this kit I was not aware of (I started WFB in 2003).

And instead of redoing the whole kit in plastic for Warriors of Chaos, GW could just release a FW resin Chaos Beast Handler on 30x30 base, I guess...

BTW I love the fact that TOW, like HH, publishes rules for non-existant models, encouraging the implied use of (100% GW-made) Proxy and Conversations ! (I don't think the Chaos Beast Handler will fall into that category BTW, as it apparently belongs to the Grand Army List...)

@Garrac TOW is currently also published in French and German, but man I DREAD to read the awful French translation I just ordered (for the Lore sections ; in terms of rules it is generally okay, but the background.... Back in 2000's when we had a French White Dwarf the quality was quite good - at least that's what I thought as a youngling).

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

BTW I love the fact that TOW, like HH, publishes rules for non-existant models, encouraging the implied use of (100% GW-made) Proxy and Conversions !

Not only that, you need to convert some units to take them because they are a mix of models or have unique (and weird) loadouts. 

I'm curious to see if we are going to see some Exemplary Battles for TOW.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No extra plastic kits is rather a buzzkill, I guess I can hope that there is something unnannounced as not all of the TK kits are being released onto preorder tomorrow, guess will see with the TK and Ravening Horde books whether there are any unknown units. Not much hope of it though.

Really wish that we had gotten a refresh to some of the old skelly kits (warriors, chariots and horsemen) instead of the dragon tbh, with maybe a plastic TK/Liche Priest on Chariot to go with them in the box.

5 hours ago, cyrus said:

In the last stream  Valrak confirmed next pairings to be O&G vs Dwarfs 

Followed by Empire vs Empire ( not 100% sure about this)

No mention to time release 

I think it would be cool/funny if one of the "Empire" sides was Sylvania 🤣