Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Also waiting for Issue 73 of the hattette magazine as they have 10 ardboyz for £9.99 and it's always good to keep the cost down!! 

Is this 100% confirmed to be the new ones? If so I might have to grab a copy of I can add they are lovely minis.

4 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Is this 100% confirmed to be the new ones? If so I might have to grab a copy of I can add they are lovely minis.

We don't know yet. We know they will be the new ones, but we don't know if they will be all the issue 73 or if the change to the new ones would imply changes in the issues as well.

58 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Yes, pic in the back of Issue 58 show a preview and it's the new ard Boyz 

Released July 17th in the UK. Forbidden planet has up to Issue 72 on preorder now so it's just about checking to see when they put 73 on pre order. 

FB_IMG_1713429763272.jpg

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 1:27 PM, Goatforce said:

I mean, so did the Scorpion, it had its legs changed to ball socket connections to the body instead of pegs. Maybe more minor than the Casket's added soul stuff but still there's hope!

I would say that the issue is it seems really good so maybe GW will be a bit cheeky with the pricing, but then the Carrion don't seem to be and they are outragously expensive, and the Scorpion is pretty reasonable.

40 pounds in the end.

image.png.643ab40de0f753ea8029119ed2c7741f.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sception said:

Project202404192054.jpg.3ccdd3f79af4b761b0c7f0cf3b811438.jpg

Project202404192055.jpg.83d21baff10a11f26711f1a2da630e02.jpg

Converted liche priest on skeletal steed using the priest from the bone dragon kit.  not perfect by any means, but I like it more than the official cavalry priest model.

I am all out of likes, but this looks very good! Much better than the official cavalry priest mini!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I am all out of likes, but this looks very good! Much better than the official cavalry priest mini!

Agreed.

I've got to say one if the things that I like so much about TOW is how much it's encouraging converting. Obviously there's nothing stopping you doing so in AoS, but there's just much less need since there are fewer options and most minis are excellent. But I'm TOW there are far more options, sometimes official kits are... not great, and most importantly you can actually invest yourself in your characters without them being shot off the table in turn one of every game, so individualizing them feels more rewarding.

• Like 2

Kinda a bit of showing the Tomb Prince I am working on (generally quite happy with him) and also asking anyone who knows how to paint non-metalic gold for any advice on how to improve that, particularly his blade as imo it looks a bit uncanny valley!

20240420_165929.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 4/20/2024 at 3:16 AM, Sception said:

Project202404192054.jpg.3ccdd3f79af4b761b0c7f0cf3b811438.jpg

Project202404192055.jpg.83d21baff10a11f26711f1a2da630e02.jpg

Converted liche priest on skeletal steed using the priest from the bone dragon kit.  not perfect by any means, but I like it more than the official cavalry priest model.

That's thje conversion I did first (I'll use him as a necromancer) I switched it up to this:
(Still WIP)
WhatsAppImage2024-04-21at11_37_28.jpeg.b0b77619234775e71969a1367c0b9c3c.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-04-21at11_37.30(1).jpeg.68b5bb9de530577a2d3d537b6f70e86c.jpegWhatsAppImage2024-04-21at11_37_30.jpeg.7ef86f584ed099b28c52edfa607d4360.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

47 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

What would I give for TOW roadmap. Any info on that front? I need to plan my hobby time and spendings and there are so many armies I am waiting for.

We only had one that is not official (a bunch of YT guesses) but seems to be right for the time being.

I think this guess is based mainly on the theory of the shields from the cover art:

War of Sigmar - The Old World 2024 Roadmap Revealed - Seasonal Releases  Unveiled (Debunked it's Fake)

So after the AoS 4th edition launch we would either see HE or WoC. Both are great. I am really looking forward to their Arcane Journals. Loving what the O&G AJ added, so cool.

That said, I don't really believe that roadmap. It's a lot to release in a very short timeframe. Hopefully I am wrong.

13 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

So after the AoS 4th edition launch we would either see HE or WoC. Both are great. I am really looking forward to their Arcane Journals. Loving what the O&G AJ added, so cool.

That said, I don't really believe that roadmap. It's a lot to release in a very short timeframe. Hopefully I am wrong.

That image was taken from someone's YouTube video. It was their idea of what a potential roadmap could look like, going by the shields on the main TOW artwork logo. Internet being internet, someone took that photo out of context and posted it as a 'rumour'.

Having said that, I doubt we'll be getting a roadmap anytime soon, as their other games haven't received one this year either. Dwarfs I imagine will be next month, and I assume HE or WoC at least a month after AoS 4th is released, so August/September?

Edited by Sathrut