Is SCE OP?

frostfire

If you're talking narrative play in a campaign with all the good scenario generation stuff, then maybe. They're excellent at pinpoint murder and not dying.

In matched play? Na.

Also daily reminder to people that cover rules exist and will save your butt vs the stormcast.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, simakover said:

who do you thin is a top tier? 

There are lots of different opinions and several threads on this forum about it. Broadly speaking I dont think too many people would argue with DOK, FEC, Skaven, Slaneesh, Fyreslayers are the top factions. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Laststand said:

There are lots of different opinions and several threads on this forum about it. Broadly speaking I dont think too many people would argue with DOK, FEC, Skaven, Slaneesh, Fyreslayers are the top factions. 

We're talking about Warcry here. Skaven, Slaanesh and Fyreslayers don't even have rules for Warcy yet.

From the existing Warcry warbands, I'd rank Gloomspite Gitz very near if not top tier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I played 3 games over the weekend, Ive found that objective based games are tough for SCE because while you can be killy, only your eagles can move fast and I've only had them live against ANY enemy one round before dying once (out of six eagle melee fights).  The opponents learn that trick quickly too (flying them up to claim objectives) and adapt.  Yes, I CAN burn that double to make my guy move faster or I can use warning cry or onslaught to help kill someone-so I have a tough choice to make every game.  Fast armies with lots of cheap models like beasts, crows, etc are probobly best against SCE.  When it comes to straight up killing things one on 3 and surviving they are great (Ironjaws are even better though they cant shoot) but that doesnt win games most of the time on its own. 

Spoiler

Well, my local buddy meta has a rough time against Stormcasts. I really do not put much effort into playing them or maxing them out, but nevertheless they can hit like a truck when buffed and also endure pain like only few others. I´ve had already several games which ended with my buddies beeing like "uhm, yeah, GW´s favorite faction is OP" after their Idoneth 3rd-Turn-Op-Charge faded in a Sequitor Shieldwall, after a unit of Retributors shocked and stomped some Slann/Kroak, after the Comet of Cassandora roasted some Lizzards with a 2+ rerollable save etc.

Funny enough, most time I play them there is often a ton of luck involved.

Nevermind, failed to notice this is Warcry

Edited by Charleston

18 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Well, my local buddy meta has a rough time against Stormcasts. I really do not put much effort into playing them or maxing them out, but nevertheless they can hit like a truck when buffed and also endure pain like only few others. I´ve had already several games which ended with my buddies beeing like "uhm, yeah, GW´s favorite faction is OP" after their Idoneth 3rd-Turn-Op-Charge faded in a Sequitor Shieldwall, after a unit of Retributors shocked and stomped some Slann/Kroak, after the Comet of Cassandora roasted some Lizzards with a 2+ rerollable save etc.

Funny enough, most time I play them there is often a ton of luck involved.

You're the second person who failed to notice it's Warcry thread :D

• Thanks 2

If you see anyone that looks like this:  keep in mind that they are weaker than anything but the Eagles in close combat and can't shoot at anything that's within 6 inches.  We also try not to move them much so we can shoot twice when we can, even just making this guy move around will limit his effectiveness when he has to kill a lot of dudes to earn his point cost.

IMG_20190812_211746056.jpg

Edited by Stormblood
spelling

I'd say it's a littttttle early to start the usual "X is OP" discussion. Give it a month before it settles down. There's counters to everything. Ranged attacks need line of sight and that should be easy enough to deny in Warcry if you're playing with the usual amount of terrain (and don't draw one of those sparse battlefield setup cards...)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, frostfire said:

Yeah I agree. But it’s weird that shooting weapons take nearly no penalty in a melee battle game.

What do you mean? Most of them have a minimum range they can shoot into. It's not hard to block them off from shooting at you.

The real problem is the SCE shooters hit like a truck in melee, too. The only unit really losing a lot of power when tied to melee is the Longstrike.

On 8/13/2019 at 6:21 AM, Laststand said:

I think gloomspite is the best when you go Hopper heavy.

today played my gitz list: 

1 boing boss

1 boingrot

1 hoppa

2 shoota

1 squig

1 net

against SCE( 3 dogs and 3 generic ranges with small bows)

im almost kill all SCE but leader, but not win cause this leader keep treasure until the end. riders awesome, squigs good but net and shootas looks pointless

I played a mates SCE band at the local shop as LON. Despite killing my necromancer turn 1 i found them pretty easy to beat just by drowning them in numbers. 12 8 wound skeletons is a lot for relatively few models to chew through in a time limit.  Their shooting was fantastic ( my leader died in one activation of shooting) but they seem incapable of spreading that damage around rather than allocating it to a single target.  I have a feeling the SCE will struggle with hordes.