Warcry - Stormcast Eternal discussion

azmarus

So it's Castigators. Sequitors and Evocators on foot: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/warband-focus-the-new-warbandsgw-homepage-post-3/

How They Play: Sacrosanct Chamber Stormcast Eternals are tough, hit hard and make up for their slow movement with some brilliant ranged options in the form of Castigators. Sequitors make for brilliant all round front-line troops, while Evocators have access to the excellent Summon Celestial Lightning ability, which allows them to blast enemies to bits. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bayul said:

Someone posted this on Facebook today:

87065697_3539828499421853_43644821405496

I don't know the abilities yet, but the Evocators seem decent for their cost.

Again..in comparison to most other warbands,,SCE are way undercosted.
4 str 5 attacks 2/4 with 20 wounds for 180.Toughness 5 and 6 warband wide....its filthy.

So Sacrosanct seem to be the best-balanced SCE warband. You’re getting 5 guys—but only 5. Their attack profiles aren’t as crazy as the Warrior Chamber models (heck, the basic Sequitors aren’t even as good in melee as the Vanguard Hunters are, and the Sequitors are more expensive, and lack shooting, all in exchange for T6). Without faster, cheaper activations like Aetherwings and Gryphounds, Sacrosanct feel like they won’t be as OP as Vanguard, but they still retain the truly elite feel that Stormcast should have. 

Long story short, I think this is the best job GW has done yet of balancing an SCE warband.

The abilities will matter too but I can already say I’m going to love playing them, and I think my regular opponents won’t be nearly as frustrated by these guys as they are by Vanguard (except maybe in leader assassination missions, but hey, SCE or any truly tough, elite warband will always be tough to beat there). 

The models of this New stormcast warband are really nice ! But you cant get more than 5 guys/gals , there is nothing That cost less than 180 pts.  I think i'll give it a try thanks to mortal realms magazine, finding cheap sequitors and castigator seem easy. And maybe pick up a box of evocators if I have fun painting those shiney knights.

I have also some reserve about playing the objective with so few models and mobility. The entry cost is super low for this warband so i'll try for sure, I have to find a paint scheme 

Edited by Sance

12 hours ago, Bayul said:

Someone posted this on Facebook today:

87065697_3539828499421853_43644821405496

I don't know the abilities yet, but the Evocators seem decent for their cost.

The cards look pretty good, though it appears the 1st and 3rd cards on the second row are meant to be have the stats swapped around, looks like someone made an error and put the incorrect model image on the cards.

I do get the feeling though, that yet again, the sacrosanct chamber is going to outshine the warrior chamber again, even in Warcry.

24 minutes ago, Schulzy said:

The cards look pretty good, though it appears the 1st and 3rd cards on the second row are meant to be have the stats swapped around, looks like someone made an error and put the incorrect model image on the cards.

The second row from the top? I don't see what you mean. They only differ in range and amount of attacks, don't they?

If you look at the weapon picture in the stat section of the 1st card on that row, it looks like they gave the 2" range 2-handed staff stats to the guy that is dual-wielding in the picture in that card... Yet the 3rd card in that row has the picture of a 2-handed staff model yet only have 1" range... and the middle card on the row has the 2-handed staff picture and 2" range.

So it seems there is some inconsistency between the range stats and for what weapon, that's what leads me to believe they got the 1st and 3rd cards stats the wrong way around.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Schulzy said:

If you look at the weapon picture in the stat section of the 1st card on that row, it looks like they gave the 2" range 2-handed staff stats to the guy that is dual-wielding in the picture in that card... Yet the 3rd card in that row has the picture of a 2-handed staff model yet only have 1" range... and the middle card on the row has the 2-handed staff picture and 2" range.

So it seems there is some inconsistency between the range stats and for what weapon, that's what leads me to believe they got the 1st and 3rd cards stats the wrong way around.

It looks like they put the wrong pictures on two cards: the Evocator with Grandstave leader is pictured with a sword and staff instead, and the basic line Sequitor with mace has a picture of the Sequitor Prime from Soul Wars instead of a basic Sequitor. If the pictures are wrong, then the stats make sense otherwise compared to the rest of the cards. 

16 hours ago, Vakarian said:

It looks like they put the wrong pictures on two cards: the Evocator with Grandstave leader is pictured with a sword and staff instead, and the basic line Sequitor with mace has a picture of the Sequitor Prime from Soul Wars instead of a basic Sequitor. If the pictures are wrong, then the stats make sense otherwise compared to the rest of the cards. 

Yep, that's exactly what I meant to say, I just said it in an overly convoluted and confusing way 😆

• Like 1

Here are the abilities:

87156061_2959148210802898_40056811052177

I'll probably take:

1x Evocator Leader* (240)
1x Evocator (180)
2x Castigators (390)
1x Sequitor with Greatmace (185)

995 Points

*not sure if the one with more range or more attacks is better.

edit: points

Edited by Bayul

3 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Here are the abilities:

87156061_2959148210802898_40056811052177

I'll probably take:

1x Evocator Leader* (240)
1x Evocator (180)
2x Castigators (390)
1x Sequitor with Greatmace (185)

999 Points

*not sure if the one with more range or more attacks is better.

I think the 2 inches range leader is better, my list is quite the same, I just swap a castigator with an evocator 

nice, my list is taking one sequitor prime with cache, a sequitor with sword and board, a castigator, evocator with great staff, and evocator with dual weapons.  Its also an all female group.  The idea is two for tanking, the prime has the cache on the chance I get stuck in and get a quad, and 2 evocators for that spell effects.  The extra attacks are nice which is why i got one with sword, she is there to fish for crits and tank really.  Its a slow force, but it will look good on the battlefield.  

I'm looking in future games to run:

Sequitor-Prime with Mace and Shield (240)

Castigators x 2 (390)

Sequitors with Greatmace x 2 (370)

I played a little bit this weekend and found the "Summon Celestial Lightning" ability for the Evocators a bit lacking--but then I've never been a fan of abilities that you have to spend just to get the chance to do something. The Castigator ability was always useful for gunning down an escaping cultist.  And the Sequitor with Greatmace proved himself by demolishing a Necropolis Stalker.

Edited by Zamik

I played one game yesterday with 4 Prosecutors with 2 Hammers and ist was working  quite well. They are extremely quick and you can surgically strike where ever  you need to.

the feat to geht an extra movement with a Double if an injured friend is in 6“ is so useful.

disadvantage is you only have four models. But you won‘t have more than 5 with warrior chambers anyhow.

I then played a game with Sacrosanct Chamber. Two Evocators (including leader), two castigators and one sesquitor with two handed hammer.

the castigators are really  strong and have a very useful feat. The other three are fine in close combat. But they are slow.

8 hours ago, SerialMoM said:

I then played a game with Sacrosanct Chamber. Two Evocators (including leader), two castigators and one sesquitor with two handed hammer.

the castigators are really  strong and have a very useful feat. The other three are fine in close combat. But they are slow.

I really wished the Sacrosanct Chamber had a teleportation ability like Sylvaneth.

• 1 month later...

hi! I'm building a Sacrosanct warband witha a witchhunters / inquisition theme... wich stormhost do you think would fit well? 

I'm a Astral Templars player in AoS and I was thinking on Knights Excelsior... but maybe something like Hallowed Knights, Celestial Vindicators or Maelstrom of Light would fit too...

¿what do you think?

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 12:25 PM, Gotz said:

hi! I'm building a Sacrosanct warband witha a witchhunters / inquisition theme... wich stormhost do you think would fit well? 

I'm a Astral Templars player in AoS and I was thinking on Knights Excelsior... but maybe something like Hallowed Knights, Celestial Vindicators or Maelstrom of Light would fit too...

¿what do you think?

I think Knight's Excelsior would work great, since their brand of heartless zealotry fits an inquisition type of mindset.

I've been playing with Sacrosanct lately and settled on this list for 1v1

Evocator Prime (Sword & Staff)

2x Sequitor w Greatmace

2x Castigator

Hoping to run another list in multiplayer once quarantine ends 

Sequitor Prime w Redemption Cache

Sequitor Greatmace

Evocator Sword & Staff

2x Castigator

I made a video where I talk about the faction and why I came to the lists, in case anyone's got fifteen minutes to kill while thinking about Warcry.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 3:08 AM, Lhurgoyf said:

I've been playing with Sacrosanct lately and settled on this list for 1v1

Evocator Prime (Sword & Staff)

2x Sequitor w Greatmace

2x Castigator

Hoping to run another list in multiplayer once quarantine ends 

Sequitor Prime w Redemption Cache

Sequitor Greatmace

Evocator Sword & Staff

2x Castigator

I made a video where I talk about the faction and why I came to the lists, in case anyone's got fifteen minutes to kill while thinking about Warcry.

I came to pretty much the same conclusion for warband builds, except that I prefer grandstaff for the evocator prime. 

A Knight vexillor for an ally is also a consideration to improve your mobility. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Evantas said:

Brightspots:

Gryph hounds are usable in Sancrosanct and Warrior Chamber, which means that they might be a little more viable now.

Good news, been playing a lot of sacrosanct against my GFs squigs and the lack of cheap activations and not being able to spend when you have claimed 6 territories was a notable detriment. 

Still find their crossbows to be the strong point of the force.