The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

I'm pretty sure the Anvilgard Kraken over the hammer is the Scourge Privateers symbol. A Kracken is much more fitting than a snake and the Anvilgard boxed army was mostly Scourge Privateers. 

yeah that's true, only thing is all the other symbols are in the order of the artwork.

the other site confirms 6 'good' factions' and 3 'bad' and we definitely have Khorne, Skaven and Orruks depicted.

ah well just have to wait and see I guess.

Edited by JPjr

1 minute ago, JPjr said:

yeah that's true, only thing is all the other symbols are in the order of the artwork.

the other site confirms 6 'good' factions' and 3 'bad' and we definitely have Khorne, Skaven and Orruks depicted.

ah well just have to wait and see I guess.

It's definitely interesting, because nothing on the front of the box really correlates to a pink snake. My first thought was Order Serpentis, but I don't see anything on the box representing them. It could be a new faction, and as such GW didn't want any of their art on the cover though.

Who knows though, I think you're right and we'll just have to wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Anyone here played Nations or Dungeon Rush? Wondering if they would give any hint to the gameplay etc etc.

I've played Nations quite a few times and it's very good. It is a historical-civilization building game that plays rather quickly and is considered one of the best by some of my fiends who mostly play board games. 

Each player has a board of a culture such as Egypt, Greece etc, and by buying cards that represent leaders, building, technology and monuments, tries to advance its position on War, Influence etc through periods of time. 

From the description of Anvalor, i guess that the gameplay would be different but perhaps some elements like card selection or that each faction has its own board to perform actions, will be featured here as well. 

I already sent this link to my boardgaming fiends and those that love Nations are excited about it (they are clueless about AoS or Warhammer in general).

Guess we'll see though. 

• Like 2

While that artwork doesn't really confirm any factions, I do find it interesting how frequently scourge privateers show up both in lore/books and various boxes (shadows over hammerhal, anvilgard box, this new game) . Would love to see them becoming actual faction one day.  Their current models (as few as there are) are good looking so base for a proper faction is there. Only thing going kinda against them is the existence of Idoneth deepkin, after all both factions are seafaring people and both are employing/hunting various sea monsters.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, angrycontra said:

I do find it interesting how frequently scourge privateers

everyone loves pirates! just look at how many people are thirsty for a vampire/undead fleet too.

just a shame that as it stands AoS isn't a great game to do those kind of factions proper justice. but you never know I'm holding out for GW, or a third party, to get back into the naval battle game.

Scourge Privateers vs. Idoneth Deepkin (on giant crabs and kraken) vs. a Nurgle fleet (with pods of plague whale & giant hagfish) vs. a Vampire/Wraith fleet vs. Clan Skurvy Skaven pirats vs. the Ironweld Admirality vs. Kaptin Greenbeard & his barnacle encrusted orruks.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

13 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

While that artwork doesn't really confirm any factions, I do find it interesting how frequently scourge privateers show up both in lore/books and various boxes (shadows over hammerhal, anvilgard box, this new game) . Would love to see them becoming actual faction one day.  Their current models (as few as there are) are good looking so base for a proper faction is there. Only thing going kinda against them is the existence of Idoneth deepkin, after all both factions are seafaring people and both are employing/hunting various sea monsters.

The way I see it Idoneth Deepkin and Scourge Privateers are basically a match made in heaven, out of all of the options for alliances the deepkin have at the moment they make the most sense out of all of them. They're both pirate-like/actual pirates with one huge difference when it comes to what they actually want, deepkin only want souls and leave everything else where as the privateers are actual pirates so it would make sense for the privateers to take advantage of the situation and raid villages that have been attacked by the deepkin what with it being easy pickings with all the souless bodies and no one to really stop them taking stuff. Because of this I could see interactions with the two factions happening more often than not either as allies or enemies whether the privateers actually remember it or not. As far as using sea monsters goes I think there's plenty of room (a whole ocean even) for the GW team to create some new beasties that they'd use but deepkin wouldn't assuming they keep that aspect of them while still keeping them different enough that it doesn't feel too similar. In terms of models design wise they're completely different and honestly could be/mostly likely will be completely redesigned  if GW ever decides to turn them into an actual army. So I think it's definitely possible, especially if they get a bunch more love in the lore or if they decide to revive Dreadfleet in AoS.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Local_Goat said:

Have there been any updates on Moonclan Grot rumors?

the last new thing I heard rumor-wise was from last week Warhammer-weekly show where the new rumors where the Moonclan release was going to be the first new Grot army and going to be similar to the DoK release, going to have both a shroom theme and fairytale-like aspect, and some of the existing unit are changing names (Moonclan Shaman to Madcap Shaman). release date unknown. not exactly sure where they got these rumors though

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

I mentioned this recently in the Moonclan thread but I haven't heard anything concrete on any Moonclan or Destruction releases coming soon. All the rumors I've caught wind of so far have all been pretty unsubstantial. Just take everything with huge grains of salt and hope for the best, friend. 

Oh man, I hope they show the Troll Warband at Spiel. I'd love to see what the unrevealed models look like. I think a lot of the Moonclan coming next stuff comes from speculation more than solid information. I imagine a lot of this has to do with:

1). They have a Malign Portents model

2). They are the only W: UW faction with miniatures unique to W:UW  (there are no other armored Squig herders in the game and GW commented that it is a peak of what the future of Moonclan will be in one of their community posts).

3). The troll shares a lot in common with the Fungoid Shaman, is accompanied by a flying Squig and many believe he belongs to Moonclan. He was also revealed before he was announced to be part of Warhammer Underworlds.

4). GW doesn't generally release miniatures that show future concepts well in advance of releases of that faction (the only real exception I can think of are the Malign Portents models and Silver Tower) as they don't want third parties making something similar ahead of time. As they have already shown two concepts that are definitely unique to Moonclan, and at least one (not counting the Squigs and what not) that very likely is.

5). Destruction has got very little since AoS has been created.

So I think there is some basis to the speculation (I personally hope so). But again, really anything could happen.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

Oh man, I hope they show the Troll Warband at Spiel. I'd love to see what the unrevealed models look like.

I really hope that Troll caster is a hint of something new to come, I know that the Briar queen and Zarbag are both unique hero profile different and don't have exact counter parts like Stormcast Gandalf and Vortemis. but that concept and models seems so unique and outlandish that it be a shame if it was just a one off model. Also there isn't current models for Bat squig, Mushroom and rock monster either.

10 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

I think this is the biggest hint really, since I think GW where always planning to makes armies releases for each of the MP heralds models and they where just teaser for them when they release them. they already did the SC and Nighthaunt one and the other two are hinted strongly to come soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

Oh man, I hope they show the Troll Warband at Spiel. I'd love to see what the unrevealed models look like. I think a lot of the Moonclan coming next stuff comes from speculation more than solid information. I imagine a lot of this has to do with:

2). They are the only W: UW faction with miniatures unique to W:UW  (there are no other armored Squig herders in the game and GW commented that it is a peak of what the future of Moonclan will be in one of their community posts).

3). The troll shares a lot in common with the Fungoid Shaman, is accompanied by a flying Squig and many believe he belongs to Moonclan. He was also revealed before he was announced to be part of Warhammer Underworlds.

4). GW doesn't generally release miniatures that show future concepts well in advance of releases of that faction (the only real exception I can think of are the Malign Portents models and Silver Tower) as they don't want third parties making something similar ahead of time. As they have already shown two concepts that are definitely unique to Moonclan, and at least one (not counting the Squigs and what not) that very likely is.

5). Destruction has got very little since AoS has been created.

So I think there is some basis to the speculation (I personally hope so). But again, really anything could happen.

Well said. Very good points, but as you said its just speculation which is more than fair. I think what rattles my ribcage is when people say or interpret speculations as fact. 

Here's to hoping we get some spore-y troll on grot on squig action sooner than later!

• Like 3

Oh definitely.  It drives me nuts when people take speculation and start selling it as fact, all that happens is that people who aren't following the conversation super closely are disappointed when they find out that their faction of choice is not released next.

I'm guessing tomorrow at Spiel we'll see the Troll warband, the next Blood Bowl Team, the next Necromunda gang, and maybe Blackstone Fortress (I mean it is a board game and that is kind of what Spiel is about). I think there is a pretty good chance we will see the next AoS army to come at Blood and Glory in a few weeks, though I doubt we will see it until next year. At least I imagine Blood and Glory will be the place to show off the next AoS stuff, as GW will probably be saving 40k previews for the 40k Weekender.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

I'm guessing tomorrow at Spiel we'll see the Troll warband, the next Blood Bowl Team, the next Necromunda gang, and maybe Blackstone Fortress (I mean it is a board game and that is kind of what Spiel is about). I think there is a pretty good chance we will see the next AoS army to come at Blood and Glory in a few weeks, though I doubt we will see it until next year. At least I imagine Blood and Glory will be the place to show off the next AoS stuff, as GW will probably be saving 40k previews for the 40k Weekender.

Sounds like GW will be busy cranking out the stuff over the next few weeks, though of course they would since Christmas is right around the corner. I don't recall having heard of Spiel before though. 

Yeah, they definitely have showed off/talked about a lot of stuff for the rest of the year already. I'm expecting at least Wrath and Rapture, Blackstone Fortress, Blood Bowl and Necromunda by the end of the year (fortunately I don't play all those game or I'd be broke). That also doesn't include all the December releases like new Start Collectings, Battleforces, Terrain bundles etc. that normally come out- though model wise those are nothing new. Spiel is a big board game convention in Germany that has been going on for quite a while. GW has just recently got involved with it over the last few years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

Yeah, they definitely have showed off/talked about a lot of stuff for the rest of the year already. I'm expecting at least Wrath and Rapture, Blackstone Fortress, Blood Bowl and Necromunda by the end of the year (fortunately I don't play all those game or I'd be broke). That also doesn't include all the December releases like new Start Collectings, Battleforces, Terrain bundles etc. that normally come out- though model wise those are nothing new. Spiel is a big board game convention in Germany that has been going on for quite a while. GW has just recently got involved with it over the last few years.

I see. Thanks for the info! Gives me something to look forward to by the end of the year. What kind of start collecting boxes could they make if they do release any? 

2 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

Oh shoot, that's a good question. I think we'll probably see DoK or IDK and possibly Sancrosect and Nighthaunt, but those are just my thoughts and anyone else's guess is as good as mine. I think they usually show them off late November.

That makes sense. They could release that on top of the battle box sets. That way everyone wins!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

I think there is a pretty good chance we will see the next AoS army to come at Blood and Glory in a few weeks, though I doubt we will see it until next year. At least I imagine Blood and Glory will be the place to show off the next AoS stuff, as GW will probably be saving 40k previews for the 40k Weekender.

Blood and glory is next week, I think 2-4 of November so just one more week to wait to see if you guessed right :) and hopefully you did!

• Like 1