The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Spearhead is a game mode for playing buying only one box. That's not possible right now and a Spearhead before the new edition is almost impossible 

Combat Patrol has at least one White Dwarf list that isn't available for purchase in a box (Tyranids: Insidious Infiltrators). 

They could do something similar for Ironjawz players.

1 minute ago, LordSolarMach said:

Combat Patrol has at least one White Dwarf list that isn't available for purchase in a box (Tyranids: Insidious Infiltrators). 

At launch.

42 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

22nd is the announcement as far as we've been leaked

I've been told that it's pre-order on the 15th and the release on the 29th. Time will tell, I guess ;)

• Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

At launch.

I wouldn't be surprised if they released a spearhead list for them at launch with all the other factions and release the box shortly after. For all we know if the truly end splitting ironjawz and kruleboyz again, Ironjawz could be the first tome after SCE and Skaven and they could release the box with as well, if they need to link the box release with a tome. If they don't split warclans, there is no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

There's also a Rogue Trader one built using two sets of Navy Breachers and two sets of Elucidian Starstriders.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Damn that intro goes hard:

image.png.5c37b1261ff0e6778c0136bb9a8b9c2b.png

I'd seen all the rules with the leaks but the lore in here is really rad like:

The only thing I'd wished they'd have done is to have painted some alternate paint schemes than their normal studio one. That would've been cool!

Although they're an extra thing to keep track of, I do hope the Oaths stay around. They're really cool thematic rules
😊

I mean they’re not wrong about Sigmar “i lost my hammer, run away!” Heldenhammer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The incoming launch box provides everything you need to play with a friend, including two complete Spearhead forces, terrain, a double-sided board with printed objectives, and the packs of cards that really make this mode tick. You’ll also get a beautiful hardcover book that includes everything you need to play – the core rules, the Spearhead battlepack, and the rules for every Spearhead force in the game – so you can start playing with your existing collections immediately.*

This part is really interesting. 

All Vanguard boxes are being rebranded as Spearhead sets, and the launch box is made up of two complete Spearhead forces. 

The make-up of the existing Vanguard boxes is almost always 1 hero and 3 units - with the exception of SCE and Kruleboyz which have 2 heroes and 3 units, likely due to the way the sprues were cut for Dominion. 

With that in mind, this means it's likely the launch box will have 2 heroes and 3 units per side, probably:

- SCE: Lord Vigilor on Gryph-Stalker, Foot Hero, 3 Prosecutors, 10 Liberators and 3 Reclusians + 2 support workers (20 models)
- Skaven: Mounted Clawlord, Warlock Engineer, 20 Clanrats, 5 Jezzails, 1 Rat Ogre Warpfire Thrower and 1 Ratling Gun (29 models)

Although my Skaven guess breaks convention a bit with 4 units. Could be only 3 Jezzails too.

The inclusion of terrain is cool and doesn't worry me - what concerns me is the amount of card and paper. A hardback book, game board and card decks for spearhead and the general's handbook. 

I mean, two vanguard sets are £85 each, a hardback book £40-ish, plus all the other bits. The launch box could easily be £200+, maybe they'll go for the £185 price-point like the Horus Heresy set is if they're wanting to keep it >£200. 

Edited by Starfyre

2 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

image.png.5c37b1261ff0e6778c0136bb9a8b9c2b.png

I'd seen all the rules with the leaks but the lore in here is really rad like:

The only thing I'd wished they'd have done is to have painted some alternate paint schemes than their normal studio one. That would've been cool!

Although they're an extra thing to keep track of, I do hope the Oaths stay around. They're really cool thematic rules
😊

The speech is very much Conan the Barbarian lifted. The whole hypocrisy of Civilization and their cloak and dagger nature cover in mask of morality and secrecy compared to the barbarian simple and honest brutality was the main thesis of Robert E Howard 

The embodiment of 

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Still think the CoS intro still better

toEEyi0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

This part is really interesting. 

All Vanguard boxes are being rebranded as Spearhead sets, and the launch box is made up of two complete Spearhead forces. 

The make-up of the existing Vanguard boxes is almost always 1 hero and 3 units - with the exception of SCE and Kruleboyz which have 2 heroes and 3 units, likely due to the way the sprues were cut for Dominion. 

With that in mind, this means it's likely the launch box will have 2 heroes and 3 units per side, probably:

- SCE: Lord Vigilor on Gryph-Stalker, Foot Hero, 3 Prosecutors, 10 Liberators and 3 Reclusians + 2 support workers (20 models)
- Skaven: Mounted Clawlord, Warlock Engineer, 20 Clanrats, 5 Jezzails, 1 Rat Ogre Warpfire Thrower and 1 Ratling Gun (29 models)

Although my Skaven guess breaks convention a bit with 4 units. Could be only 3 Jezzails too.

The inclusion of terrain is cool and doesn't worry me - what concerns me is the amount of card and paper. A hardback book, game board and card decks for spearhead and the general's handbook. 

I mean, two vanguard sets are £85 each, a hardback book £40-ish, plus all the other bits. The launch box could easily be £200+, maybe they'll go for the £185 price-point like the Horus Heresy set is if they're wanting to keep it >£200. 

Flesh eater court also have 2 heroes 

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

I've been told that it's pre-order on the 15th and the release on the 29th. Time will tell, I guess ;)

Could make sense. We know almost everything about the new edition but terrain and command models in a unit, if they use the next week for that, and start with the faction focus the 13 of May, those faction focus end just the 15 of June.

14 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Flesh eater court also have 2 heroes 

Cheers, thought it was a monster but yeah, it's a hero - still, only has 2 other units, so the pattern is still there.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Cheers, thought it was a monster but yeah, it's a hero - still, only has 2 other units, so the pattern is still there.

Who knows . Maybe in 4th varghulf , knight vexillor and murknob will be non hero unit ?

Edited by Grunbag

Posted (edited)

I didn't say it yesterday but I like the changes to endless spells & invocations - giving them wounds and regular attacks makes sense when most of them are elemental magic like Demons or Nighthuant, or some even actual creatures.

Shoutout to FS players who just gained a new unit with the new Infernoth ! You now have 5 units to choose from that aren't heroes or static manifestations ! Yeah !

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

it does and then halfway through you find out most tribes are actually beholden to Archaon... so much for that independence ;) the tone of this is a bit all over, they are much much less grey/nuanced than you'd think? they feel closer to og Norsca than not, which is slightly disappointing. it sounds like most darkoath aren't really forced into this (like their ancestors) as much as they revel in it? not clear whether that's because they don't know the true cost (wilderfiends) or the true goal/forms of Chaos (big 4).

3 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

So the Launch box does come with Terrain then?

The incoming launch box provides everything you need to play with a friend, including two complete Spearhead forces, terrain, a double-sided board with printed objectives, and the packs of cards that really make this mode tick.

Very cool!

glad the launch box will not be missing the terrain that starter sets get, however I can't help but feel like the launch box might have less models in it to fit into Spearhead? unless Spearhead itself will have a couple different tiers in terms of game size?

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

it does and then halfway through you find out most tribes are actually beholden to Archaon... so much for that independence ;) the tone of this is a bit all over, they are much much less grey/nuanced than you'd think? they feel closer to og Norsca than not, which is slightly disappointing. it sounds like most darkoath aren't really forced into this (like their ancestors) as much as they revel in it? not clear whether that's because they don't know the true cost (wilderfiends) or the true goal/forms of Chaos (big 4).

glad the launch box will not be missing the terrain that starter sets get, however I can't help but feel like the launch box might have less models in it to fit into Spearhead? unless Spearhead itself will have a couple different tiers in terms of game size?

Yeah. Feels we've already seen 95% of the minis between  the trailer and the warcom articles.

• Like 1

They said that the launch box has 2 spear heads in it. That doesn’t mean that the launch box is nothing but those spear heads. They could easily have a subset of the models in the launch set for each spear head.

leviathan did something like that. The space marine combat patrol was something like 2/3 of the space marines in the box, but didn’t include at least one hero and unit. Same for the tyranid one. I think it was the biologis and stern guard missing from marines and the neurotyrant and screamer killer missing from tyranids.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lele said:

AOS 4, i think there will be new Verminlord model, and 1 more new behemoth from Stormcast, maybe its a thing hybrid from death

there's gotta be one really weird, broken Ruination stormcast coming for sure. Behemoth and Artillery are missing (outside of heroes and the ballista now)

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Yes. I think it will in DB6.

DB6 seems a sure bet for Abraxia, the siphon, and Gunnar's band

That news dampens my potential desire to get the launch box. If they're potentially putting less models in it in favour of the mat and terrain but still charging £150 then I'll probably sit the release out.

But hey it could be different. This is where GW's dripfeed marketing doesn't really help them as I don't think I'm alone in my thoughts about hype for the launch box being lowered by this news so continuing to sit on it and be cagey with the information seems a little bit counterintuitive for them.

• Like 5

We sort of know what most of the skaven units are TBF, also true for things beyond the boxset since they sort of told you which Skaven models where going to be refresh during the culling article.

2 hours ago, Elarin said:

June or July? the Dawnbringer store campaign is supposed to go until end of June i hope. I really want that coin!!!

8 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

They said that the launch box has 2 spear heads in it. That doesn’t mean that the launch box is nothing but those spear heads. They could easily have a subset of the models in the launch set for each spear head.

as long as we have other precedent, thank you!