The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Not that this isn't an insanely good release schedule for THE SCIONS OF LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!! But where's the Casket of Souls?

The casket of souls and bone giant were shown in the video but not mentioned in the article. 

8 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Something similar to Mordheim would be ace, and good from a sales pov as well. A table full of buildings, with new terrain showing buildings from other realms/ cultures... just awesome.

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I am hoping for a new indoor setting like we had with catacombs as the 1.5 edition. It had some real fun gameplay u cant get with an outdoor board. The inside of some Seraphon thing or Cogfort would be an epic followup.

5 hours ago, RollSixxess said:

Warcry : City Fight when

Id love a Mordheim style setting. I was really hoping that Cursed City would eventually become it with varying Warbands.

Really hope we get one set in Ulgu, seems the perfect place for a gloomy frontier town.

• Like 4

Honestly in regards to Mordheim they might as well bring it back and tie it into the Old World (Mordheim the game itself took place like a hundred years before the Old World, but the city itself was only destroyed when Magnus the Pious became Emperor so during TOW times it should still be around and there's probably still adventurers going there).

6 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly in regards to Mordheim they might as well bring it back and tie it into the Old World (Mordheim the game itself took place like a hundred years before the Old World, but the city itself was only destroyed when Magnus the Pious became Emperor so during TOW times it should still be around and there's probably still adventurers going there).

I mean, the setting was great but could also also be easily replicated in AoS if they wanted to. I figure they won‘t focus too much on side games set in TOW outside of the main game.

I‘d be happy with either solution personally as long as the style is as gloomy as Mordheim‘s. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Why not give us both? The reboot for TOW and something along those lines for AoS? First the AoS, then the reboot to keep the nostalgia strat going on.

I have always wanted Warcry and Killteam to kind of work as an alternative to AOS and 40k's starter sets. If we get Chaos and Order with 4.0, then I would like Warcry to have a starter set featuring Death and Destruction. They can have a large set with terrain, two competing warbands, a unit of wandering beasts and a hero for each side. Then they can release a smaller boxset with the just the two warbands and scatter terrain. Then they can keep the dual boxes with a large terrain piece as new releases.

Furthermore they can focus on a different realm from the main narrative to help open up the narrative to include more factions.

I do think that having the next Warcry edition focused on a Mordheim style setting with some houses would be terrific. Maybe a large building (church) and two smaller ones (houses) with some walls would be a good start. Then the first dual box could have a medium sized building and so on until you can build a little city board.

So as a hypothetical for a new Warcry set, we could have Grave Guard fighting against Spiderfang in a dilapidated city. If you get the entry level box they'd come with some fences, walls and barricades. If you opted for the larger set a new Necromancer and Scuttleboss would join the fight alongside some buildings and a few bases of spider swarms for random encounters.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

26 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Think you just jinxed it.

Even if we count the 18th as part of the 4th book, that would leave us 5 shorts for the first 3 books, 4 for the 4th one and presumably 4 for the 5th one as well.

Books are always announced the same week the previous to last short is released. That would be this week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Confirmed Book V for the next week then.

Only corroborated. Even if it is in line with the trend so far, confirmations per se happen only when the source provides the date explicitly (soft version) or the item is actually pre-orderable (hard one; things might happen in between and thus reschedule this part).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Id love a Mordheim style setting. I was really hoping that Cursed City would eventually become it with varying Warbands.

Really hope we get one set in Ulgu, seems the perfect place for a gloomy frontier town.

Hammerhal’s Cinderfall districts would work too. Once prosperous city blocks and merchant quarters turned to slums because Hammerhal keeps expanding outward so rapidly leaving the inner city areas to be cut off and impoverished would work really well for a Necromunda x Mordheim mix in the Mortal Realms.

You got everything from desperate fallen merchant warbands, Butchers that fell to Khorne worship with his pig king aspect and human Malerion cults, adventure guilds, Reclaimed looking for guard work and Ironweld engineers duking it out for control of the streets while Hammerhal itself is such a cosmopolitan city of a multitude of races from Khainites to Seraphon that there’s warband expansion there as well.

IMG_2431.jpg?ex=65ee78e6&is=65dc03e6&hm=

(and later they can easily expand the game into Hammerhal Ghyra, a Cogfort’s interiors, the Stormkeep, the underground glass-maker city beneath Aqsha, etc)

Also AoS can have a Mordheim “Wyrdstone” 2.0 with Aqua Ghyranis instead.

Fighting over valuable magic healing water that also acts as currency means your fights are more lucrative the better skilled you are at keeping your troops from getting unnecessarily injured and using up your Ghyranis reserves to heal/revive them which makes you poorer.

…or you can be ruthless and just have a War Surgeon hack the injured parts off and keep the healing water at the trade for a hobbled warband.(unless your an Ironweld or Duardin warband who knows their way around some combat-ready prosthetics)

F_Wfdb2aMAA1-46?format=jpg&name=900x900

IMG_2520.jpg?ex=65ee7cac&is=65dc07ac&hm=
Steam-and-Steel-excerpt.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Hammerhal’s Cinderfall districts would work too. Once prosperous city blocks and merchant quarters turned to slums because Hammerhal keeps expanding outward so rapidly leaving the inner city areas to be cut off and impoverished would work really well for a Necromunda x Mordheim mix in the Mortal Realms.

You got everything from desperate fallen merchant warbands, Butchers that fell to Khorne worship with his pig king aspect and human Malerion cults, adventure guilds, Reclaimed looking for guard work and Ironweld engineers duking it out for control of the streets while Hammerhal itself is such a cosmopolitan city of a multitude of races from Khainites to Seraphon that there’s warband expansion there as well.

IMG_2431.jpg?ex=65ee78e6&is=65dc03e6&hm=

(and later they can easily expand the game into Hammerhal Ghyra, a Cogfort’s interiors, the Stormkeep, the underground glass-maker city beneath Aqsha, etc)

Also AoS can have a Mordheim “Wyrdstone” 2.0 with Aqua Ghyranis instead.

Fighting over valuable magic healing water that also acts as currency means your fights are more lucrative the better skilled you are at keeping your troops from getting unnecessarily injured and using up your Ghyranis reserves to heal/revive them which makes you poorer.

…or you can be ruthless and just have a War Surgeon hack the injured parts off and keep the healing water at the trade for a hobbled warband.(unless your an Ironweld or Duardin warband who knows their way around some combat-ready prosthetics)

F_Wfdb2aMAA1-46?format=jpg&name=900x900

IMG_2520.jpg?ex=65ee7cac&is=65dc07ac&hm=
Steam-and-Steel-excerpt.png

I am curious about the cogfort interior, as it has been the second time it was mentioned. Even the larger cogforts wouldn't be too small to get a new battle system inside of them? They are big, but that big to be able to play inside? I have my doubts.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am curious about the cogfort interior, as it has been the second time it was mentioned. Even the larger cogforts wouldn't be too small to get a new battle system inside of them? They are big, but that big to be able to play inside? I have my doubts.

Got this bit from lexicanum. Dont know the original source. I think its perfect for a Warcry setting. KO ships would be perfect too imho for that pirate boarding action.

"Cogforts come in all shapes and sizes ranging from forts to small cities that travel on either wheels or piston-powered legs, making them appear like immense mechanical arachnids."

• Like 2

Yeah, like Ol’ Firesnout that defended Anvilgard from Morathi’s assualt was the size of a moving city that dominated the landscape with it’s massive scale and had building-sized cannons.

image.png.15d15b80f79c5725e13d477118170ee3.png

IMG_2521.png?ex=65eeb4c3&is=65dc3fc3&hm=

Also go over to the Malign Portent archive and read “The Offer” for that fallen Cogfort which was big enough to both channel the city’s sorcerous barrier over itself and held 80 horses within it’s interior for the scouts to ride out.

“My Lord, forgive a doomed man his presumption, but what I say here cannot wait for slow passage through the ranks. This is the last operational report of the cogfort Light of Hope.

Our cogfort was proudest amongst all the mobile bastions of Hammerhal Aqsha. On her piston-driven legs, she carried us ever eastwards from the city walls, and the light of civilisation dawned anew in her wake. Chaos warbands broke like waves upon her ironclad flanks. The scourging processions followed her, while the sorcerous shield that protects our great city crackled ever from her highest vanes, linking her with the other cogforts that form the Outer Web. It was a proud duty, and one we did well.

I am rambling. No time for that.

Forgive me.

It is hard to

We skirted the arterials of the Heartblood Sea. I think it was a week ago. It may have been longer. Our orders were to press ahead, and to secure the Realmgates known as the Gates Below, which lead to Shyish. We were to watch over their approaches, prevent anything untoward slinking through them while the duardin pushed up with stock and stone to build permanent fortifications.

We settled a mile from the gates, fired anchoring harpoons and settled our telescopes on the Realmgates.

We had been pushing the fort hard, and the engineers were glad of the rest. None for the soldiery though; we dropped drawbridge and the scouts rode out, eighty men and steeds vanishing across the dusty steppes towards those distant glowing arches“

So the biggest range from walking castles to walking cities both of which can be easy for an interior battle over a newly commissioned one that’s under threat of sabotage while other warband members try to turn about the smaller artillery defenses, barrier generator and even steering section to cause the blazing winds to push fighters around.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, like Ol’ Firesnout that defended Anvilgard from Morathi’s assualt was the size of a moving city that dominated the landscape with it’s massive scale and had building-sized cannons.

So weird that the Cities of Sigmar have stuff like this in the lore and then on the tabletop we only get guys with hand-cannons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So weird that the Cities of Sigmar have stuff like this in the lore and then on the tabletop we only get guys with hand-cannons.

Give it some time. I am pretty sure our cannons would grow bigger and stronger. GW is just feeding them at the moment.

image.png.4ae2bc4118f0e0fd539b7bd634089b0c.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Give it some time. I am pretty sure our cannons would grow bigger and stronger. GW is just feeding them at the moment.

image.png.4ae2bc4118f0e0fd539b7bd634089b0c.png

I'm sure we will get there eventually. I am actually very happy with the new direction of the Freeguild, and I hope if and when we eventually see a Cogfort or new steam vehicles, they keep using the same design cues. They have so many cool and interesting direct references to medieval art in the new design.

"Medieval, but high tech" would be an absolute banger of an aesthetic for new Ironweld stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Bone dragon for 80€ seems cool. Might have to do that Corpse Rippa/Bone Dragon mashup some time in the future.

60€ skeleton warriors: lol, lmao

Even 65€ for the new Foot Knights.... I guess they would come in crews of 20... but GW prices are starting to hurt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even 65€ for the new Foot Knights.... I guess they would come in crews of 20... but GW prices are starting to hurt.

For 20 new foot knights it's whatever. I can justify paying GW prices for models that are actually at the cutting edge of quality and offer a unique aesthetic. I can't justify it for generic, blobby 20 year old skeletons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

For 20 new foot knights it's whatever. I can justify paying GW prices for models that are actually at the cutting edge of quality and offer a unique aesthetic. I can't justify it for generic, blobby 20 year old skeletons.

The foot knights are in boxes of 20? If so thats 30E for 10 of them, which considering GWs aos prices isn't too bad xD

2 minutes ago, Mordeus said:

The foot knights are in boxes of 20? If so thats 30E for 10 of them, which considering GWs aos prices isn't too bad xD

It is 3,25 per model vs 4,25 on the CoS Steelhelms. That's true, but I would prefer a box of 10 for 30 €. It would welcome more users IMO. Just the prices going up and up with every release makes the entry barrier look quite bad if you are not into GW products.

• Like 1