The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Guess I know what my first AoS purchase in the new year will be 😛

Also, some folks over at Bolter and Chainsword have started brightening some stuff from the 40k teaser. Anyone with the skillset/tools to do so here? I've tried, but I can't seem to do the right combo of brightening it and preserving the detail...

Hide contents

image.png.64f51faa6d4da50fb9c4a28ff761407a.png

That Custodes has a wing on his back --> winged hussar wing ? --> Kislev confirmed for Old World ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Guess I know what my first AoS purchase in the new year will be 😛

Also, some folks over at Bolter and Chainsword have started brightening some stuff from the 40k teaser. Anyone with the skillset/tools to do so here? I've tried, but I can't seem to do the right combo of brightening it and preserving the detail...

Hide contents

image.png.64f51faa6d4da50fb9c4a28ff761407a.png

Did they say what was the process? Just brightness/ contrast?

8 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

There's a lot of discussions and speculations going on right now in this section, but maybe take a step back and you'll see a certain rumourmonger on TGA is reacting to certain posts. 

Judging by his reactions its Callis and Toll, Darkoath Riders, and Lumineth River Temple vs Nighthaunt for Warcry

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

so... AOS getting nothing else today? This is still the US homepage :|

40k only got a Teaser Video yesterday too.

TOW presumably got a bunch of reveals because it's close to launch.

Maybe they'll do a Preview for New Years Day, but that seems unlikely if they've not talked about it yet. Standard New Model Monday maybe? Then LVO on the 18th.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

There's a lot of discussions and speculations going on right now in this section, but maybe take a step back and you'll see a certain rumourmonger on TGA is reacting to certain posts. 

I saw Whitefang reacting to the 4-5 months wait for Skaven, my dear @Garrac. There's your precious signal.

1 hour ago, SilentSentinel said:

I could see the possible Lumineth model being our first look at a unit from the river temple, it does make some sense that a subfaction based around the concept of rivers/water might have a element of flowing dance like movements to some of their models.

Whitefang also liked this river temple one and the following. Both river temple related. 🌊

Edited by Ejecutor

Speaking of River Temple, I should remind everyone that Stoneguard have bull crest helmets, and their spirit avatar is a huge bull. Windriders have a fox crest, and their spirit avatar is a agile flying fox. If River Temple have a dragon crest, does that mean their spirit avatar is a water dragon?

• LOVE IT! 5

Fantastic news that there will be new Marauder / Darkoath cavalry. Love the Darkoath mini's. Some great things to look forward for AoS and TOW.

Btw, I love that interactive map for TOW. It's just so cool, hopefully it will expand. It's such a great tool to create a background for your army.

Lol, Karl Raachwald, the hermit prince or Sir Julien Pontenne, The Craven "The knights of Bretonnia are renowned for their bravery. Sir Julien is renowned only for how far his cowardly flight carried him from his home in Lyonesse."🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

Judging by his reactions its Callis and Toll, Darkoath Riders, and Lumineth River Temple vs Nighthaunt for Warcry

Darkoath riders would be so wild.  Wow.  I've been building my StD toward a Darkoath-themed force for a while and every new unit, even as a Warcry or Underworlds release, has made me happy. 

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I saw Whitefang reacting to the 4-5 months wait for Skaven, my dear @Garrac. There's your precious signal.

After years of being drip-fed releases, to any Skaven all hints are precious.  Yet the children of the Great Horned Rat remain patient.  Soon-soon...

5 minutes ago, madmac said:

Speaking of River Temple, I should remind everyone that Stoneguard have bull crest helmets, and their spirit avatar is a huge bull. Windriders have a fox crest, and their spirit avatar is a agile flying fox. If River Temple have a dragon crest, does that mean their spirit avatar is a water dragon?

would love to see an otter or even an eel/fish instead :( i know water dragons are wingless etc but after the kangaroo riders i'd love to see more mammalian spirits

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

In the oriental cultures they seem to be inspired by I believe river and dragon are often associated.. at first the crest looked more seahorse to me, but I guess such a water dragon could also be.

A return of the more serpentile dragons is one of the few things I prefered from FB over AoS :)

56 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

No, sadly, but probably just those.

That contrast thing on B&C was mine ( the other was not from B&C I think.)

Its not just contrast/brightness.. certain colors need to also be filtered out etc. ... it actually took 6 photoshop layers with varying interactions to achieve ;)

However, I only did it because I noticed in the custodes rotation that light reflected subtly from details, making it worth a shot. When I tried last year ( where the rotations where also black on red.) nothing was salvagable and I must say on first sight I dont expect anything is salvagable from the AoS video

( edit.. I seem to be wrong on one of them posted above.)

Edited by TheMawr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RetconnedLegion said:

I’m thinking a differently named replacement for the Cairnwraith. The existing model will depart back to the Old World.

think that spook has a big two handed mace/brazier thats emitting some ghostly fumes as its being swung, could be tied to Kurdoss in someway like his crossbowmen.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

would love to see an otter or even an eel/fish instead :( i know water dragons are wingless etc but after the kangaroo riders i'd love to see more mammalian spirits

Imo, I would love to see dragons added to the Aelf factions, even if it is a wingless dragon. Dragons should not be the sole property of SCE. 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I guess the new "marauder horseman" (quotation marks because the name will absolutely change to something like "Darkoath Riders" to be more trademarkable) puts some credit to the rumour we had all those months ago, when the Dawnbringers narrative was announced and there was the icon of the Darkoath Savagers in the trailer. Some of us thought it meant S2D were gonna be in the campaign and that finally those age old marauder sculpts were getting a replacement. Well it took halfway through the narrative to have a glimpse of them but they're finally coming !

Noticed this one got the official like. Wonder if we'll get more than horsemen for darkoath? Perhaps a more generic infantry equivalent than the savagers.