The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Obviously it's nothing but pure coincidence but that red, 3-eyed flame thingy on the left side would really look eerily similar to Tzeentch's symbol if it got rotated around.

Then again these raging idiots could very well be directed by someone much more cunning than them. 🤔 

image.png.30ef3b704af62d7f07ed4c614c4388ef.png

I seen that more as the crescent moon seen in gloomspite when right way up. Even has the wee nose a lot of them do

13 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

If The Old World is the same scale as AoS, I will start a Cities of Sigmar army with Kislev minis. I love those axe-gun soldiers.

judging from how the new Cities/Order of Azyr models use a lot of the same Empire/Witch Hunter aesthetic... would not be surprised if you could easily use Old World models in COS.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Generally starter set are aimed at newer player who are aren’t familiar to the setting  and not for well establish player so it just perspective. Veteran player would just buy the set anyway 

I'm not a veteran player, I've never managed to buy into AOS properly because the armies I like have either been squatted, don't get updated or have been mutated into something absurd in order for gw to be ' unique'. Sorry if my tone seems a little sour but it's been a long wait to finally be able to play and seeing armies with a million nice kits like goblins and stormcast getting even more updates whilst humans and dwarves may as well not exist is just grating after a certain point 

9 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I think you just proved his point? If the stormcast mask left an imprint like that it means the mask was much stronger than the wrecking ball.

but the fanatic is the one that got out alive from that fight

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, PJetski said:

I think you just proved his point? If the stormcast mask left an imprint like that it means the mask was much stronger than the wrecking ball.

The mask might be fine but imagine what the head inside would be like (but moreover I was deliberately being flippant). Regardless we know that gobbos can and do kill stormcast on the regular, just like skaven and ungors and blue horrors and zombies and all sorts of horrible little fighters.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Aidrox said:

I seen that more as the crescent moon seen in gloomspite when right way up. Even has the wee nose a lot of them do

There have been theories that tha bad moon is Tzeentch since forever though - not saying that's a fact but it's an interesting tidbit as the moon is heavily associated with T as well and it's at least a fun idea.

BUT I did say it's surely accidental in my last post, even if  those eyes in there certainly look more tzeentchian than destruction-y.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sandlemad said:

The mask might be fine but imagine what the head inside would be like 

It seems to have had no effect on the mask, why would it effect anything inside? It's like putting silly putty over an object to make an imprint

4 minutes ago, pitzok said:

but the fanatic is the one that got out alive from that fight

I agree that gitz are cowardly vermin and should be purged from the realms

Just now, sandlemad said:

The mask might be fine but imagine what the head inside would be like (but moreover I was deliberately being flippant). Regardless we know that gobbos can and do kill stormcast on the regular, just like skaven and ungors and blue horrors and zombies and all sorts of horrible little fighters.

It's still an aesthetically unpleasing match up in my opinion. All I was saying 

8 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It seems to have had no effect on the mask, why would it effect anything inside? It's like putting silly putty over an object to make an imprint

That's not how blunt trauma works.

The stormcast's brain would have smashed itself on the inside of their skull. If they didn't die, it's only because of magical sigmar resilience or stuff like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, MitGas said:

There have been theories that tha bad moon is Tzeentch since forever though - not saying that's a fact but it's an interesting tidbit as the moon is heavily associated with T as well and it's at least a fun idea.

BUT I did say it's surely accidental in my last post, even if  those eyes in there certainly look more tzeentchian than destruction-y.

we also have the BR fiction where a gloomspite shaman gets the prophecy out of a Tzeentch scryer(?) and Tzeentch has been eerily quiet through BR... I'm still wondering if there's a long term scheme GW has cooked up for the God of Change

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I agree that gitz are cowardly vermin and should be purged from the realms

If a wrecking ball swings at your helmeted head, your neck will snap as you go flying, your brain will all but rattle in its skull, and the transference of energy to the head itself will be enough to do insane damage. Even if the helmet itself is fine. That applies no less to a stormcast, or maybe only a bit less. You don't survive getting a 5kg+ rapidly spinning iron ball hitting you in the head.

But also it is worth bearing in mind that this was sculpted as a joke, a Bug Bunny-style bit of humour to reflect a reforged demigod and champion of humanity getting absolutely nailed in the head by a cackling 4ft mushroom person who was literally born yesterday and is hopped up on mushroom beer. That is the charm, not going mythbusters to show how a stormcast is physically incapable of ever being killed by a goblin.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, MitGas said:

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

we also have the BR fiction where a gloomspite shaman gets the prophecy out of a Tzeentch scryer(?) and Tzeentch has been eerily quiet through BR... I'm still wondering if there's a long term scheme GW has cooked up for the God of Change

That's really cool I didn't know that. Will look into that further for sure. Thanks guys

5 minutes ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

That's not how blunt trauma works.

The stormcast's brain would have smashed itself on the inside of their skull. If they didn't die, it's only because of magical sigmar resilience or stuff like that.

You're right, that's not how blunt force works.

The ball folded over the mask like putty, it didn't cause any damage. 

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

If a wrecking ball swings at your helmeted head, your neck will snap as you go flying, your brain will all but rattle in its skull, and the transference of energy to the head itself will be enough to do insane damage. Even if the helmet itself is fine. That applies no less to a stormcast. You don't survive getting a 5kg+ rapidly spinning iron ball hitting you in the head.

You and I don't survive it.

Magical lightning-blood demigods clad in armor made from pre-time star rocks will probably be fine.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

You and I don't survive it.

Magical lightning-blood demigods clad in armor made from pre-time star rocks will probably be fine.

I guess you're right dude, goblins simply can't kill stormcast. I'll inform the gloomspite players, they'll have to pre-emptively surrender to any stormcast players. Better tell the GW/BL writers too. It's sad but good that we can bring Facts and Logic to this situation to make sure stormcast keep their rightfully earned place as unkillable mary sues.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

What if the new faction is multi-race as Gloomspite but Evil sun themed ?

I see 3 different kinds of evil sun red/black/yellow basic infantry, monstrous infantry , monsters.

Yes red fog of red mask look very similar to red dots of the video .

"New breed" suggests a whole new range of models/concepts

Not really, the new stormcast has been refered as a "new breed" too in some of the promotional art. It can be a big range of new models and still be within the bounds of an old tome/keyword.

I mean, it can be, but the "new breed" part dosn't mean anything if it was used to describe the new chamber/not new chamber of stormcast. More so "new breed" instead of "new race" or something equivalent seems to refer to a slightly mutated second wave of something we already know.

Edited by Yoid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

I guess you're right dude, goblins simply can't kill stormcast. I'll inform the gloomspite players, they'll have to pre-emptively surrender to any stormcast players. It's sad but it's good that we can bring Facts and Logic to this situation to make sure stormcast keep their rightfully earned place as unkillable mary sues.

I think its pretty clear that facts, logic and real medical science are vital when discussing a fantasy game of toy soldiers.... I might ask my mini's how they "feel" after every battle from now on.... PTSD could really ruin my goblins chances! 🤣

7 minutes ago, Aidrox said:

That's really cool I didn't know that. Will look into that further for sure. Thanks guys

In fact, in that story Tzeench fight the bad moon in a dreamlike/esotherical space within the minds of the tzeenchian prisoner and Skragrot (the bad moon wins). I didn't read it personally but I heard of it. Skragrot grab the bad moon and use it as a fanatic chained ball to smash Tzeench mystical/magical/mental assault. Sound cool as hell.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Damosane said:

I can't think of anything more boring for a starter set than snorecast Vs grots...they both already have huge amounts of models...how does a grot, even riding a wolf, pose the slightest threat to a stormcast? I'd probably have been interested if it was humans Vs grots but oh well 

a huge horde of grotts on wolves with not of lot of hitting power vs a handful of walking tanks to balance it out.

Or there are orcs on biger wolves and then bigger wolves again for the full effect - basic - bigger - biggerer

22 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

in the artwork strip I did feel that the three eyes thingy was more tzeentch than gobbo, especially as it was all a bit whispy in a tzeenchy sort of way out there on the left.

I think as well the stormcast artwork with all the spawny tentacled horrors with eyeballs and maws everywhere screams more tzeentch than destruction. 🤔