The Rumour Thread

Shadespire looks intriguing. Female Stormcast!!!!! I'm going to get into this game so much. Seems like the sorta thing I could play in a lunch break, and as one of my colleagues is an avid warhammer fan too, it sounds perfect! If we get a set of unqiue sculpts for the factions, and if the minis are of the same scale/quality, it will be a must buy for most AoS players too!

Also:

The forces you can use in this game will be drawn from races across the Mortal Realms, including some for factions that have not received any new miniatures since we first ventured into the Age of Sigmar. Each of these sets will be composed of a small band of easy-to-assemble, push-fit miniatures in the style of our single-pose heroes to represent a specific band of warriors from that faction

Aren't they saying there will be new models for any faction they add and that those factions will include some that have had no new models yet (quite a lot of potential candidates)?

3 hours ago, Turragor said:

Also:

Aren't they saying there will be new models for any faction they add and that those factions will include some that have had no new models yet (quite a lot of potential candidates)?

I would guess it will apply more to the ones that we know are coming (Death, Shadowkin etc) than the "Azyr refugees"

7 minutes ago, Lavy said:

@Vasshpit where did that pic come from? I'm excited to see some tomb king influence on those skellies. 

Been saying this whole time that Death in AOS is going to be heavily gothic(vc) with some TK influence here and there. The music they use in the trailer is extremely gothic IMO. 

The art is sorta hinting why they squatted TK. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Possibly the look of new skelleys! ;)

unnamed.png

Very Tomb King esk.

The plot thickens.

Im still gonna say that the new death faction will be deathlord crossed with tomb kings. considering how GW likes to frustrate us to no end and when weve all but lost hope, blow our mind-holes it wouldnt surprise me if TK aesthetic was the core of the new design.

Remember black pyramids from lord of undeath novel.

25 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Very Tomb King esk.

The plot thickens.

Im still gonna say that the new death faction will be deathlord crossed with tomb kings. considering how GW likes to frustrate us to no end and when weve all but lost hope, blow our mind-holes it wouldnt surprise me if TK aesthetic was the core of the new design.

Remember black pyramids from lord of undeath novel.

edit:Going to make a separate topic on this discussion. 

Edited by shinros

1 hour ago, Kosmion said:

the artwork for this game plus the addition of TK units in GHB2 seem to point to something... or maybe its just me being overly hopeful

They aren't bringing back tomb kings :P something for death i'm sure, but they're looking forward, not backward.

13 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Not "Tomb Kings", but something that falls under Settra is a strong possibility.

GW may want to go forward but uber strong fan desire + a really diverse aesthetic totap + some amazing pas model designs (Necrosphinx etc) = GW making use of all that in some way shape or form.

GW seem to have a habit (Quite rightly) being unmoving in the face of people complaining and begging for stuff waiting until the hype drops and then finally giving what we want.

In fact it reminds me alot of good parenting. AKA waiting until the child has stopped having a tantrum and calmed down. before letting them have something xD

• Like 1