The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

Is DB6 going to be a 4.0 book? Because at this rate it will release, be useful for one week and then invalid the next. 

Even worst. It is supposed to be launched the week before the 4th edition, but it gets some sort of warehouse problem and it is sent over after the big box.

42 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

It's the Vermindoom seen from Embergard (see the pointed-out flag as well as many Sacred Wheels icon - the town was founded by Zenestra). There is also Thalia Vedra top right !

But yeah Embergard looks quite ruined and Mordheim-ish in that artwork...

Don't you think it feels too big for Embergard? I agree that it is the Embergard flag (previously Default City number 2), but that flag is also used in the cinematic trailer and that city is next to the sea, which is not the case for Embergard. I think this is a pic of Hell Crow after the trailer, but it is just a case that the Hel Crow banner was designed after all that imagery was done.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Those that mean that Verdigris ends up being the city that survives ? Would be crazy if that’s the case.

I always thought that Embergard was too obvious and Verdigris would survive, but I have my doubts about the pic being Embergard or Hel Crow.

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Probably just the city from the trailer completely obliterated.

feels like a missed opportunity if they dont do anything more out of it. Especially considering how popular Mordheim is in the mind of so many. 

33 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Huh

ok so like i got a french guy in my discord that mention how the Darkoath novel start off tell how Gunnar laments the action of D6 where he couldn't stop the Skaven and a Verminlord from kickstarting the Vermindoom 

BLInterviewChrisThursten Mar13 Image9

seemed fake but guess this sort of show that Embergard is gone you can see Talhia over in the corner

Thank god, I’ll take Embergard getting dropkicked by the Vermindoom over the more interesting side of the Crusade just getting wiped out to bolster the reputations of two characters I literally have no reason to care about (Zenestra and Abraxis)

2 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

feels like a missed opportunity if they dont do anything more out of it. Especially considering how popular Mordheim is in the mind of so many. 

We won't know, but Warcry is still 1 year away from its new edition. It feels a bit too early to start showing pics of its new setting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't you think it feels too big for Embergard?

There been a time skip in D5 of both cities being built up, not to mention the various Wheel Iconography with the statues right below the flag in the ruin  

1715530211269046.jpg.58b29dcf530faa13509959694ca2bf6e.jpg

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

1h preview.

oh god i didn't even realize that like what else are they going to show off in the mono-AOS show when we already got 5 models form the box & most of the new edition rules?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Funny how they changed the cover of the warhammer FB page to Abraxia, then realised she wasn't up for preorders, quickly changed it back again to 'sigmar lied'. It's still there in the album though.

Screenshot_20240512-190127_Facebook.jpg

Tinfoil hat moment : DB6 was initialy scheduled for preorder next week, but following the passing of Bernard Hill last sunday, I (and GW it seems) felt like a little MESBG commemoration was in order. Hence why they're doing the MTO with Rohan/Helm's Deep minis with 3 versions of Théoden. So that hobbyists can grab old metal minis of the King.

I'm not mad at GW for DB6 being delayed yet again. They did the right thing. I'll just say, forth Eorlingas, and let the horn of Helm Hammerhand sound in the Deep one last time... "For he was a gentle and a great king and kept his oaths; and he rose out of the shadows to a last fair morning."

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Funny how they changed the cover of the warhammer FB page to Abraxia, then realised she wasn't up for preorders, quickly changed it back again to 'sigmar lied'. It's still there in the album though.

Screenshot_20240512-190127_Facebook.jpg

Chinise plastic strikes back.

People wants Faction Terrain or own Endless. I get PTDS flashbacks everytime I see a new piece of that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Tinfoil hat moment : DB6 was initialy scheduled for preorder next week, but following the passing of Bernard Hill last sunday, I (and GW it seems) felt like a little MESBG commemoration was in order. Hence why they're doing the MTO with Rohan/Helm's Deep minis with 3 versions of Théoden. So that hobbyists can grab old metal minis of the King.

I'm not mad at GW for DB6 being delayed yet again. They did the right thing. I'll just say, forth Eorlingas, and let the horn of Helm Hammerhand sound in the Deep one last time... "For he was a gentle and a great king and kept his oaths; and he rose out of the shadows to a last fair morning."

RIP to an amazing actor, obviously, and appreciate the tinfoil hat angle but tbh it's not the sort of thing GW do. Moreover if that had been their intent, they would have signalled it in the article or in social media or something.

I think it's much more likely shuffling things around to manage pressures on stock and warehouse organisation.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

There been a time skip in D5 of both cities being built up, not to mention the various Wheel Iconography with the statues right below the flag in the ruin  

1715530211269046.jpg.58b29dcf530faa13509959694ca2bf6e.jpg

oh god i didn't even realize that like what else are they going to show off in the mono-AOS show when we already got 5 models form the box & most of the new edition rules?

Oh. I didn't notice the wheels! Well, another spoiler then. Thanks GW -.- Sorry for posting it.

16 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

My question. Why not both? Feels Theoden could join DB 6 easily as they are MTO.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I mean they probably should have written something in the article anbout Bernard Hill instead of having Internet people just assume or guess these Tinfoil theory. It may even just be a coincidence it happens this way given there no context to follow up on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

No tinfoil needed GW warehouses are shut from the 27th May until the 3rd June for their stock take. 

With today's announcement their will be no new releases to get out on the 25th.

A quiet week always happens when there is a warehouse stocktake. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 3

It's good to have a break, honestly. Miniature wargames aren't video games, we need time to build and paint our armies. Having constant new stuff every week is really not helping.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

It's good to have a break, honestly. Miniature wargames aren't video games, we need time to build and paint our armies. Having constant new stuff every week is really not helping.

Lol, I just want one game with the new varanguard army of renown. At this point, we'll get 4th ed before abraxia box

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

I think it because it a lore book and it going into a very short shelf life that the problem.

i guess it suck not having Abbraxxas release yet, but at this point most people are not going to have her ready until after 4th. Though I guess the whole edition change stole her release thunder.

• Like 1