The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, madmac said:

New Sorcerer model coming, maybe? I never liked the old Sorcerer model, just used UW warband Sorcs instead.

The armies that were announced to have squatted models are the more probable to receive the books first:

- Stormcast
- Skaven
- Slaves
- Seraphon
- Khorne
- Orruk Warclans
- Sylvaneth

Just remember that only BoC, Sacrosant/Warriors and Bonesplitterz would receive their own "limited battletomes". The rest of the kits were not announced to be playable.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

I'm extremely curious as to if GW plans on keeping "land train" as a Chorf staple! It's a relatively new addition to their identity (if 13 years old could still be "relatively recent" ) and covers the cannon/mortar/missile warmachine spread they've had in every major appearance as an "army" it even got a new version of the Whirlwind in the Skullcrusher engine

If Dispossesed get nothing, Free Cities are moving from tanks to walkers, Kharadron handle the air, and Fyerslayers focus only on beast handling, an "army on wheels" would actually be entirely unique to the setting. Could also be a good way to immediately build animosity with the Cities if they continue the Cult of the Wheel narrative in any meaningful way. 

It'd be interesting to see how Train 2.0 would shake out; it didn't exceed expectations enough sales-wise to replace broken moulds the first time around, so I wonder how they might tweak it conceptually or visually for a plastic release. If they want to make it so you can run the new Chorfs in TWW (which would be crazy considering Beasts of Chaos) the army is pretty much locked into being a plastic iteration of the Tamurkhan list

They probably take cues from the Votann release and make something like the Hekaton Land fortress but I doubt new AoS Chorf would be made to use in OW. It seem they adamantly not going to cross platform

i even expect that Chaos Duradin are not going to look like their Legion of Azgorh counterpart but be AoSified more.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Callis and Toll are here to provide an exposition dump how the Realms work for newcomers.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/10/the-mortal-realms-are-incredible-but-dont-take-it-from-us-callis-and-toll-are-here-to-tell-you-more/

Bonus: female Ogor?

Bq1JQcV.png

That's a pretty interesting approach to introduce the lore! Initially I thought it was footage from Hammer and Bolter, but it is not! GG, GW, this time.

• Like 4

I do wish they get another animation team to try their hand for AoS animation, sort of getting tired of the Hammer and Bolter default style.

then again Warhammer+ has been whatever at this point in time and it feel they trying to hop on the Henry Cavil train

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

I'm extremely curious as to if GW plans on keeping "land train" as a Chorf staple! It's a relatively new addition to their identity (if 13 years old could still be "relatively recent" ) and covers the cannon/mortar/missile warmachine spread they've had in every major appearance as an "army" it even got a new version of the Whirlwind in the Skullcrusher engine

If Dispossesed get nothing, Free Cities are moving from tanks to walkers, Kharadron handle the air, and Fyerslayers focus only on beast handling, an "army on wheels" would actually be entirely unique to the setting. Could also be a good way to immediately build animosity with the Cities if they continue the Cult of the Wheel narrative in any meaningful way. 

It'd be interesting to see how Train 2.0 would shake out; it didn't exceed expectations enough sales-wise to replace broken moulds the first time around, so I wonder how they might tweak it conceptually or visually for a plastic release. If they want to make it so you can run the new Chorfs in TWW (which would be crazy considering Beasts of Chaos) the army is pretty much locked into being a plastic iteration of the Tamurkhan list

Cities won't be full walkers. There are several references to wheel-powered vehicles, but we also have Zenestra... so who knows.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Cities won't be full walkers. There are several references to wheel-powered vehicles, but we also have Zenestra... so who knows.

Zenestra is just an extremist "maybe surviving god of death (not capital Death, that's Nagash)" that has an irrational hatred of wheels. And since the great cannon has wheels, I don't see why we couldn't get more wheeled (or even walking) vehicles.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

They probably take cues from the Votann release and make something like the Hekaton Land fortress but I doubt new AoS Chorf would be made to use in OW. It seem they adamantly not going to cross platform

i even expect that Chaos Duradin are not going to look like their Legion of Azgorh counterpart but be AoSified more.

This is what I'm hoping for: something completely new, still "Chaos + Dwarf" in a similar vein to the Fantasy stuff, but AoS'd into something neat and unique with elements of what came before.

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Who's to say? If TOW is getting Steam Tanks i doubt AoS is going to get a new "not-steamtank" kit; if they got a new tank it'd probably be something unique and closer to whatever a Cogfort model might wind up being.... and the cogfort is a walker. We've only seen wheels on the new cannon for "actual" cities models. Could be literally anything.

9 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

This is what I'm hoping for: something completely new, still "Chaos + Dwarf" in a similar vein to the Fantasy stuff, but AoS'd into something neat and unique with elements of what came before.

Who's to say? If TOW is getting Steam Tanks i doubt AoS is going to get a new "not-steamtank" kit; if they got a new tank it'd probably be something unique and closer to whatever a Cogfort model might wind up being.... and the cogfort is a walker. We've only seen wheels on the new cannon for "actual" cities models. Could be literally anything.

That's the error. Cogforts are not walkers only. They are confirmed to be both walkers and wheelers. Obviously this could easily change, but there's the lore for it.

Posted (edited)

The Ancestor Gods Smile upon me today. So excited for both! Can’t belive they actually finally made a White Dwarf. 22 Years of Waiting! 

IMG_8214.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 4

11 minutes ago, Kronos said:

The Ancestor Gods Smile upon me today. So excited for both! Can’t belive they actually finally made a White Dwarf. 22 Years of Waiting! 

IMG_8214.jpeg

A post on number 500 on page 5.500

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 8

11 minutes ago, Kronos said:

IMG_8214.jpeg

Wow. That was a fast delivery!

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wow. That was a fast delivery!

Nono, I got alerted from a friend that Indie Stores had some in stock, checked the one near me and indeed it did! 

3 minutes ago, Mordeus said:

A post on number 500 on page 5.500

Wow, it is as well….. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

The armies that were announced to have squatted models are the more probable to receive the books first:

- Stormcast
- Skaven
- Slaves
- Seraphon
- Khorne
- Orruk Warclans
- Sylvaneth

Just remember that only BoC, Sacrosant/Warriors and Bonesplitterz would receive their own "limited battletomes". The rest of the kits were not announced to be playable.

I not sure i would count the branchwraith much here, she was already left out of the 3e Sylvaneth tome.

Btw, with Hammer and Bolter showing us future models (Darkoaths and Callis and Toll) in the past, do you think those Ogors in the tavern could be a tease of what is coming for their refresh?

Also, what do you think @KingBrodd as our intern Ogors enthusiast? Did they get your seal of approval?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, with Hammer and Bolter showing us future models (Darkoaths and Callis and Toll) in the past, do you think those Ogors in the tavern could be a tease of what is coming for their refresh?

Also, what do you think @KingBrodd as our intern Ogors enthusiast? Did they get your seal of approval?

I mean those where probably city Ogors 

the design didn’t look to be too though-out like it was just for the segment and nothing else

Edited by novakai

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Callis and Toll are here to provide an exposition dump how the Realms work for newcomers.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/10/the-mortal-realms-are-incredible-but-dont-take-it-from-us-callis-and-toll-are-here-to-tell-you-more/

Bonus: female Ogor?

Bq1JQcV.png

That was sooooo awesome! 🤩

Really amazing stuff for beginners to the cosmic setting and how the Realms work(with a few nice asides like Aqua Ghyranis used as currency or Shyish creating hellish landscapes out of belief)

Very nice presentation on how Hysh & Ulgu cause night and day while Ghyran & Shyish change the seasons. 👏 ️ 

Love that magic map too! I would love that in a AoS art book and maybe used as a stylish inter-realms campaign index with that aesthetic.

image.png.4c746208d18c8714f1c71134ee32dc89.png
image.png.7ff52e045fddd712fc6624707fda3a6c.png
image.png.cdcdc49cfd6702edce858eb67f56f472.png

image.png.0acd0a471db2d2ce714f1c686b9c7fa4.png

Also really appreciate the book recommendation in the article. Bad Loon Rising is the only one I don’t have so I need to fix that. ;)

image.jpeg.50b78ae3c0ee87e1a904f1fd03b1d8e5.jpeg

Lastly, on Ogors I saw Ricki post this today. Makes me hope Firebellies get some time to shine while we’re in the Realm of Fire. 🔥 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

That's the error. Cogforts are not walkers only. They are confirmed to be both walkers and wheelers. Obviously this could easily change, but there's the lore for it.

Swifthawk Riders also exist in-lore, as do Wanderers, and the Phoenix Temple. Lore is pretty inconsequential at this point, tbh

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The little Callis & Toll video was a good idea, but the exposition felt a little bit forced imo. 

Yeah, nice concept, not sure about the execution. Even members of the Order of Azyr maybe shouldn't know that much about the Cosmos (opposite to, for exemple, a god-like point of view or even a meta point of view like Phil Kelly's). Also, even with YouTube subtitles (which aren't exact), it's not always clear what the characters are saying for non-native English speakers like me. 

But interesting to know that in AOS4 there is a new concept with Shyish and Ghyran also influencing the rest of the Realms. 

4 hours ago, Vaellas said:

we have a little sppyyyyy...

Great details ! That cat is also present in the Hammer & Bolter Episode with Callis and Toll. 

Anyway, CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK xD

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I can't imagine them showing a female Ogor in that video was merely creative liberty.

Yeah, but maybe just the gender is the indicative of the refresh approach and not the appearance itself.

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I can't imagine them showing a female Ogor in that video was merely creative liberty.

No beard or moustache, covered cleavage (companion is bare-chested), "drunk man hitting on woman in bar" trope, and hair that reminds me of that Bugs Bunny Valkyrie bit. it's a lady ogor for sure.

image.png.b8055945b524c60e9a15e4ccdb886938.png

image.jpeg.c88cf2db950a31d4d588ebf678c94b3f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We all know GW likes hyperbole and superlative but what “ massive “ stands for ? Can we expect something like “ Leviathan “ ( 25 marines & 47 tyranids) ? Which price tag ?

In just under a week’s time you’ll get your first look at the new Warhammer Age of Sigmar launch set. This massive box is the introduction to the next edition of Age of Sigmar.”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, but maybe just the gender is the indicative of the refresh approach and not the appearance itself.

That's my theory. But it may be both. After all, we did eventually get the Darkoath from that one animated episode, and they look identical.