The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

NGL, I could see Chorfs getting a Votann styled drop. If they spent a year previewing little snippits of chaos tech or pointed stars, I could see some players getting a bit vexxed if they'd built up an idea of what those things should be for their own chaos armies. 

I could see one rumor engine of a hat, or a silhouette closer to an announcement, before smacking everyone with a full "first wave" series of previews. Much like the Squats, it'd give people no time to overthink "man they're really going to bring back those guys?" and just get excited about what's new at face-value

Or not! If they wind up making them real close to their TWW iteration, I could see them rumor engine'ing bits of semi-familiar stuff to get the ball rolling. All depends; I'm excited for Chorfs! The Lumineth can't stay the only faction in the setting with dumb hats

I just want to be able to run an army of evil trains, is that so much to ask GW?! I mean you already brought back LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!! and it looks like CA already went and designed a pretty balanced army list and aesthetic to be used. 

2 hours ago, novakai said:

Yes because I think that format replace the dual VS boxes and AoS probably will go the same path.

Example: if your getting a single foot hero you get a battletome release, a FOMO battleforce with your new foot hero, and a new spearhead.

if you have a decent model release you get a Fomo army box set with a early access battletome, and then a month later you get to buy the stuff individually.

Yeah. I have a suspicious feeling we are going to see more Faction releases with a new Unit or Character leading a Spearhead and then being available separately at a later date. 

48 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Yeah. I have a suspicious feeling we are going to see more Faction releases with a new Unit or Character leading a Spearhead and then being available separately at a later date. 

Except they be in FOMO boxes not spearhead vanguard box (unless it a completely new army like Cities) usually.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So um….between this confirming only Faction Terrain has health and the last terrain article mentioning “some special faction terrain can move or attack” do we think it’s pretty much a smoking Ironweld gun at this point that the CoS Cogfort Whitefang jr. mentioned is gonna be their heavily fortified faction terrain as a walking castle that can choose to either move or attack?(and give some terrain benefits like obfuscation & Cover for freeguilders to use)?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I just want to be able to run an army of evil trains, is that so much to ask GW?! I mean you already brought back LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!! and it looks like CA already went and designed a pretty balanced army list and aesthetic to be used. 

Running evil trains? Depending on the train you are talking about that‘s already possible with Slaanesh! 🤙

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Running evil trains? Depending on the train you are talking about that‘s already possible with Slaanesh! 🤙

@MitGas I play slaanesh solely because they have a vaguely middle-eastern aesthetic going on, please get your mind out of the gutter.

• Haha 1

Just now, Twisted Firaun said:

@MitGas I play slaanesh solely because they have a vaguely middle-eastern aesthetic going on, please get your mind out of the gutter.

You‘re right, dunno what came over me to accuse a follower of Slaanesh of degenerate motives!

6 minutes ago, MitGas said:

You‘re right, dunno what came over me to accuse a follower of Slaanesh of degenerate motives!

Now you've truly hurt me my friend, since I have more tzaangors then I could ever use outside of an apocalypse game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Now you've truly hurt me my friend, since I have more tzaangors then I could ever use outside of an apocalypse game.

A fate nowadays shared by all those who buy any box with Tzeentch written on it. I‘m sure when our next hero comes out, GW will kindly throw a customary set of 20 Tzaangors alongside him into the box and then be so kind to charge us only a slightly smaller price again! Isn‘t it great to be a Tzeentchian? 😎👌🏻 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I might be the only one who sees Warcry and Spearheads as almost the same with different minis.

Warcry is waaaay different to that they showed of Spearhead.

Warcry is in safe because the policy os main game-secondary game of the Main Studio.

Underworlds could move to a 40k version

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

now that we've seen the Saurus back-spikes, i think this recent rumour is Seraphon:

image.jpeg.7ccd4d29ee72042a661c72e680282c3d.jpeg

Realmshaper engine:

image.png.3892963d9947e8c3e80c9005769b7880.png

Astrolith Bearer:

image.jpeg.1acf329302a690b4d4a06632d51eb320.jpeg

Not unlikely but that looks bigger than the little lightning on the Astrolith bearer so probably not something like a standard bearer for Saurus Guard. 

I could see it being part of an updated Eternity warden but since the lightning has some rock pieces floating in it I don't think its going to be on a staff or those backbanners from the Eternity Warden so might also no be him unless he gets a big redesign. 

It actually feels more like lightning from an arch/portal to me. which in turn makes me think, what if we get a new Engine of the gods? MIght not even be an updated Stegadon but changing the EotG build in that kit to just represent a Stegadon Chief and making a completely new model for the EotG? Maybe on a new bigger creature?

Something like this old Arcanodon which was the original conversion example before the Stegadon version of the EotG existed?

r/ageofsigmar - What is this and why on Earth can’t I find anything about it?

Still not that likely but a lizard can dream

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

9 hours ago, PJetski said:

The new terrain rules are going to lead to some... interesting scenarios.

1715284645952095.png

I don't know how big the Unclean one is vs the trees... but makes sense, right? At least to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 01rtb01 said:

The gondor bundle is brilliant and the modularity is insane. Honestly, it may be pricy but they really are worth it.

It reminds me a bit of the first Warcry box. The Gondor one is on a different level of modularity but both were pretty solid options to play around with them.

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

So um….between this confirming only Faction Terrain has health and the last terrain article mentioning “some special faction terrain can move or attack” do we think it’s pretty much a smoking Ironweld gun at this point that the CoS Cogfort Whitefang jr. mentioned is gonna be their heavily fortified faction terrain as a walking castle that can choose to either move or attack?(and give some terrain benefits like obfuscation & Cover for freeguilders to use)?

I hope not :( But yeah, it is a pretty solid guess.

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

now that we've seen the Saurus back-spikes, i think this recent rumour is Seraphon:

image.jpeg.7ccd4d29ee72042a661c72e680282c3d.jpeg

Realmshaper engine:

image.png.3892963d9947e8c3e80c9005769b7880.png

Astrolith Bearer:

image.jpeg.1acf329302a690b4d4a06632d51eb320.jpeg

The rocks are the tricky part. They tend to have cleaner energy.

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't know how big the Unclean one is vs the trees... but makes sense, right? At least to me.

I think that it would be the opposite.

Big stuff behind a destroyed wall, house or a forest  should be easier to be shot (aka, be a legal target for shooting) than someone small that is hidding there.

A keyword dedicated to LOS interactions with terrain (appart from FLY) could be perfect in this case.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Not really? The other way around would make more sense. 

Even if it is bouncing around, a small squig should be harder to see in a forest than a GUO that is as big as the trees.

In this case that of course assumes the Squig still has fly but even with real world examples what is easier to spot in a forest, an elephant or a bird?

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Fly exception assumes that the flying unit is constantly floating up in the air, which always felt a little strange to me cos there aren't that many flying units which couldn't just land and take cover behind a wall.  But I guess it covers for things like KO ships where they're just supposed to be airborne at all times.

I do wonder if there'll be a general reduction in handing out Fly to anything that can jump pretty high, its a very powerful keyword to be tossing around so freely.

Edited by Lucentia

27 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

The Fly exception assumes that the flying unit is constantly floating up in the air, which always felt a little strange to me cos there aren't that many flying units which couldn't just land and take cover behind a wall.  But I guess it covers for things like KO ships where they're just supposed to be airborne at all times.

I do wonder if there'll be a general reduction in handing out Fly to anything that can jump pretty high, its a very powerful keyword to be tossing around so freely.

Yea seems weird for things like Vampire Lords or the entire nighthaunt army to not get the -1 to hit. A boat flying around kinda makes sense but a vampire on foot that fan fly surely wouldn't just be floating up high all the time lol.

11 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

Yea seems weird for things like Vampire Lords or the entire nighthaunt army to not get the -1 to hit. A boat flying around kinda makes sense but a vampire on foot that fan fly surely wouldn't just be floating up high all the time lol.

It's definitely an odd one, but I think one to wait and see as they did state they were rebuilding all the warscrolls. I can see a lot of units that have fly now getting "Can move or Charge as if they had the fly keyword." rather than full fly for these scenarios around terrain.

• Like 1