The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Its in the same sentence as "the unit that charged or has fly". It would be the attacking unit right?

I read this as, if the target unit has FLY or target unit charged, it would not get the -1 to hit bonus of cover. The end part of the sentence that says "that unit" I think is referring to the target unit mentioned in the first part of the sentence, not the attacking unit.

So, if a flying unit targets a unit in cover it would be -1 to hit.

If any unit targets a flying unit in cover it would not be -1 to hit.

• Like 3

Just now, GrimDork said:

I read this as, if the target unit has FLY or target unit charged, it would not get the -1 to hit bonus of cover. The end part of the sentence that says "that unit" I think is referring to the target unit mentioned in the first part of the sentence, not the attacking unit.

So, if a flying unit targets a unit in cover it would be -1 to hit.

If any unit targets a flying unit in cover it would not be -1 to hit.

Would make sense, but dont think its clear at all.

22 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

I read this as the unit with FLY wouldn't be -1 when it is the target of a shot, not when a unit with FLY is shooting.

I read the same.

Btw, nice update with terrain. It gives players an awesome tool system to craft their own terrain pieces. 

Btw, I love that our units can jump from high ground without the need to stop in the middle of the air.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kronos said:

So no sneak peaks for Age of Darkness anymore? I miss Heresy Thursdays, much nicer than Price Rise Tuesdays. 

They said they taking a break but the 40K preview on Saturday is suppose to have the next big release for 30K

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They mention at the end of the video that in the long-term they plan to continue balance updates and adding new stuff, good to know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

They mention at the end of the video that in the long-term they plan to continue balance updates and adding new stuff, good to know.

Mainly because they been slow and bad about updating the game this edition until now

Edited by novakai

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Are you going to Dong?

Do we need to know about @Garrac's Dong? :D 

17 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

This sounds very much like they are working on a new version to me! :D 

• Haha 4

Just now, Gaz Taylor said:

This sounds very much like they are working on a new version to me! :D 

It’s not due a new version until next year. This is probably because they didn’t realize quite how many people played Warcry outside of a narrative capacity 

5 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

-Not mod hat-

While I find the joke funny I would like to just bring to light that this type of humor has been addressed by mods before as inappropriate. Again, I laughed, but just wanted to bring that to light for sake of fairness. 

Carry on with the fun, folks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Maybe...

... THEY DID ?!

BTW I will name my firstborn torre de vigilancia con campana if it's indeed intact and in the Launch Box. 

Joke aside, I guess the "Mortal Realms primer" that is going to be shown tomorrow is the PDF version of pic rel, explaining the AOS setting to beginners )as we saw in the pre-trailer Leaks).

0c4ys50rmhoc1.webp

If that what it is then yeah that would be a great idea for beginners as a brief catch up on the lore and basics of the realms. That would been great with 40k 10th edition (and TOW to a degree) 

Wonder if that going to be included in the Core rulebook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

uNUV6OKcnCCeGGgf.jpg
It is a really cool terrain piece but seems fairly big for a starter set, I am very tempted by it but recently purchased some houses for a little village and I am debating between a fortress or an abbey as a centre piece for my town.

That's an old pic. None of the pic showed something new

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

uNUV6OKcnCCeGGgf.jpg
It is a really cool terrain piece but seems fairly big for a starter set, I am very tempted by it but recently purchased some houses for a little village and I am debating between a fortress or an abbey as a centre piece for my town.

I'm still hoping these see a release. The kits designed by Ray Dranfield (when he was still on Twitter to receive credit for his work) have all been bangers, and I was hoping to see a "AoS city" kit in the same vein as his phenomenal LotR output. Had lofty designs of bulking out some scratchbuilt stuff with bits of a scenery kit like this to "tie it all together"

Unless it was not a great kit, I'd think "Warhammer Fantasy Cityscape" would be a no-brainer. Based on some of the images, it didn't seem as flexible of a kit as the Gondor kit, but tbh I liked the look of the stuff enough that I was willing to put in some elbow grease if needed. Despite my groaning about prices, I wouldn't be able to resist an AoS city; especially since I swerved the big Gondor bundles in favor of them.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

I'm still hoping these see a release. The kits designed by Ray Dranfield (when he was still on Twitter to receive credit for his work) have all been bangers, and I was hoping to see a "AoS city" kit in the same vein as his phenomenal LotR output. Had lofty designs of bulking out some scratchbuilt stuff with bits of a scenery kit like this to "tie it all together"

Unless it was not a great kit, I'd think "Warhammer Fantasy Cityscape" would be a no-brainer. Based on some of the images, it didn't seem as flexible of a kit as the Gondor kit, but tbh I liked the look of the stuff enough that I was willing to put in some elbow grease if needed. Despite my groaning about prices, I wouldn't be able to resist an AoS city; especially since I swerved the big Gondor bundles in favor of them.

Are the lotr scenery pieces a good scale compared to AoS?

Edit: nvm they are crazy expensive compared to Warcry sets.

Edited by Gitzdee

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

-Not mod hat-

While I find the joke funny I would like to just bring to light that this type of humor has been addressed by mods before as inappropriate. Again, I laughed, but just wanted to bring that to light for sake of fairness. 

Carry on with the fun, folks.

Now I don't know if I should google it...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Are the lotr scenery pieces a good scale compared to AoS?

Edit: nvm they are crazy expensive compared to Warcry sets.

And smaller. Only Grots are allowed in that city.

• Haha 1