The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Luperci said:

Elite infantry would be awesome. Armoured jacked up bloodletters, even more mutated horrors like the recent WHU set, 4 armed daemonettes with more weapons, only one I'm unsure about is poxwalkers, maybe just make them more bloated and give them a projectile vomit attack so they can be missile troops

I like the idea of a missile unit, it'd be an interesting change for Nurgle. One idea I had was some sort of living bombs. Huge and bloated and covered in sores. Slow, super tough with no natural offense but when they take wounds they spurt pure disease and cause mortals. Then when they die they explode and cause a bunch of mortals. Would definitely be a different style of unit similar to gotrek where you need to bring them down before they get to their intended target and explode.

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

If I was GW I'd write these rules for 4th edition first then adjust them for third. That way they will still play the way you expect in 4th. It would be a real bummer if the oath rules and the wilderfiend replacing dead heroes doesn't make it into 4th. 

GW have also promised that there will 4th edition rules for the regiments of renown. Again you'd hope that the playstyle of each regiment remains basically the same. 

They'd still be invalidating rules but at least players would be able to have broadly similar play experiences with the minis they bought.

As for Dawnbringers 6, I suspect most people will be buying it for the lore. That's certainly why I'll be buying it. I'm actually more excited for it than any other book in the series. 

I agree. Even if those books have some rules I would say a 75% of the sales, at least, are purely for the lore.

1 hour ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

It'll happen. Worry not, my sweetlings... one day soon He will return, and drown these mewling worlds of mediocrity in a tsunami of depravity! 

I find him more interesting as an entity that is partly trapped so he has limited "power" and goes into the sneaky manipulation way.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I find him more interesting as an entity that is partly trapped so he has limited "power" and goes into the sneaky manipulation way.

He will devour your soul for saying so. 

No, in reality I like the Slaanesh narrative as it's playing out. It marks Him out as distinct from the other gods, who are really just carrying on with business as usual. There would be no hook for the Pretenders and Godseekers without Slaanesh's incarceration. Plus it means stuff like the siblings, who are magnificent models, if not quite so brilliant in the lore and on the tabletop... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

If I was GW I'd write these rules for 4th edition first then adjust them for third. That way they will still play the way you expect in 4th. It would be a real bummer if the oath rules and the wilderfiend replacing dead heroes doesn't make it into 4th. 

GW have also promised that there will 4th edition rules for the regiments of renown. Again you'd hope that the playstyle of each regiment remains basically the same. 

They'd still be invalidating rules but at least players would be able to have broadly similar play experiences with the minis they bought.

As for Dawnbringers 6, I suspect most people will be buying it for the lore. That's certainly why I'll be buying it. I'm actually more excited for it than any other book in the series. 

The best solution would be that they would do a small AoS 4th edition preview about Darkoath very soon. The mini's are lovely and the Wilderfiend has some nice rules. Infact, all the Darkoath rules are rather nice and thematic. Would love to know if they are more or less the same in 4th edition.

Edited by Tonhel

2 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

He will devour your soul for saying so. 

No, in reality I like the Slaanesh narrative as it's playing out. It marks Him out as distinct from the other gods, who are really just carrying on with business as usual. There would be no hook for the Pretenders and Godseekers without Slaanesh's incarceration. Plus it means stuff like the siblings, who are magnificent models, if not quite so brilliant in the lore and on the tabletop... 

Interestingly with the way they're changing sub factions it may pave the way for slaanesh to be released. If they're like 40k the old sub factions will be gone and replaced with styles as opposed to strict factions. So instead of seekers you'll have a speedy faction, instead of pretenders you'll have a faction that buffs your general, instead of invaders you'll have a mixed arms faction. If the old sub factions go away then there's no need for that hook to justify their existence anymore so slaanesh can fully return in the lore without overly impacting the army composition. 

11 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Haha, I spent two months hunting that Yndrasta book down and they just make it appear anyway like a bolt coming down from high Azyr. 😂

Excited for the Mortal Realms one and hope DB6 is soon so Abraxia can lead all this new Darkoath armies popping up👹

Also,

@KingBrodd

Kroot seem to be opening up the doors to new Destruction ideas. 🤔 ❄️ 

Good week!. Next week could be more Greenskins/Dawi and Dawnbringers. Warcry and Kill Team box are expected for May. And of course, the announcement of the Next Online Preview

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Interestingly with the way they're changing sub factions it may pave the way for slaanesh to be released. If they're like 40k the old sub factions will be gone and replaced with styles as opposed to strict factions. So instead of seekers you'll have a speedy faction, instead of pretenders you'll have a faction that buffs your general, instead of invaders you'll have a mixed arms faction. If the old sub factions go away then there's no need for that hook to justify their existence anymore so slaanesh can fully return in the lore without overly impacting the army composition. 

in my opinon Slaanesh breaking free, without something equally or more interesting at play, would be one of the worst lore decisions they could make.  pretenders is the coolest part of Slaanesh in every sense and it honestly feels like it'd just make him blend in with the others more.  with the GHR rising as a fully fledged chaos god For Real this time i see no reason for the prince to make his return to the dinner table since that spot is already taken and he's arguably the most compelling of all the chaos gods where he's at right now.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bethebee said:

in my opinon Slaanesh breaking free, without something equally or more interesting at play, would be one of the worst lore decisions they could make.  pretenders is the coolest part of Slaanesh in every sense and it honestly feels like it'd just make him blend in with the others more.  with the GHR rising as a fully fledged chaos god For Real this time i see no reason for the prince to make his return to the dinner table since that spot is already taken and he's arguably the most compelling of all the chaos gods where he's at right now.

I think it'd be interesting if tensions between malerion and tyrion/teclis escalating caused them to take their eyes off slaanesh, allowing them to escape. It'd allow GW to have a big world changing moment and also have the two order factions stop fighting each other to stop the wave of slaaneshi daemons from destroying them all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bethebee said:

Exactly. Damn well said. Slaanesh as lurking, malevolent, ever-watching, all-powerful threat, biding His time... it's awesome stuff. And a bit Lovecraftian, come to think of it. 

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I see Jezzail as the contraposition of the Prosecutors. The trailer let us see that clearly, so Rat Ogres for me.

Yeah. My money’s on Rat Ogors tomorrow too.

Basics- Libs vs Clan rat.

Big Elites- Reclusians vs rat Ogor

Support- Prosecutors vs Jezzails 

then more of a hero & unique unit free-for-all

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, bethebee said:

Could the case even be made that Slaanesh is enjoying their extended stint languishing in bondage? 😅

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Could the case even be made that Slaanesh is enjoying their extended stint languishing in bondage? 😅

That is actually canon. Its stated that any other Chaos God would've been driven insane by the torment of being captured and having their essence forcibly drained to retrieve Aelven souls, but Slaanesh is able to avoid it by finding pleasure in the process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2