The Rumour Thread

46 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it's silly as well but again makes you wonder about the production issues GW have been having!

They did similar with Guard and World Eaters in 40k at the end of 9th edition, at least it's a supplement that's free elsewhere and not a full Battletome! 😅

As others have pointed out it's very odd that Gunnar and chums isn't appearing here at the same time unless their announcement timings were entirely coincidental 🤔

22 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

As others have pointed out it's very odd that Gunnar and chums isn't appearing here at the same time unless their announcement timings were entirely coincidental 🤔

Is it that odd? After all this is just the army set and as most army sets, its coming first with the individual releases at a later time.

Gunnar will likely release together with the individual releases of the army set units and probably DB6. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chikout said:

So if you just look at the numbers of main game kits sold 3rd edition will end up with just over 100 kits. 2nd edition has about 120. On top of that 2nd edition had 2 boxes of endless spells 12 faction scenery kits and 15 sets of faction endless spells. In third we just got the one incarnate. 

Very interesting, thank you for the numbers.

Warcry 2nd ed. of course started bringing out some pure-AOS units too (well, Gorgers and Chamelons Skinks at least) as well as new scenery, but yeah that's an okay-ish production comparison between 2nd and 3rd...

There clearly was a lull (probably China supply / COVID-caused) at the start of 3rd (and some rework of GW's plan including Thondia and the Incarnates, cf. the Spider Incarnate Rumor Engine). And we suffered the strange Cursed City logistical debacle too. 

But then with releases like COS, Ironjawz, Darkoath and Dawnbringers in general I think we got a fair treatment in the end.

BRING IT ON 4th EDITION !!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Is it that odd? After all this is just the army set and as most army sets, its coming first with the individual releases at a later time.

Gunnar will likely release together with the individual releases of the army set units and probably DB6. 

He’ll come with DB6, the last 2 similar sets (Blzcktalons and the Callis and Toll ones) came with DB books as well. But I think the gap between army sets and individual releases is longer than I’m expecting the wait for DB6 to be - it’s usually about a month at least isn’t it?

Just now, Still-young said:

He’ll come with DB6, the last 2 similar sets (Blzcktalons and the Callis and Toll ones) came with DB books as well. But I think the gap between army sets and individual releases is longer than I’m expecting the wait for DB6 to be - it’s usually about a month at least isn’t it?

Yeah, I was thinking exactly that. Sometimes it is even longer than a month, which would be super odd.

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Hard disagree on the Witch Elves - the kit is on another level than all of the others you mentioned. It was supposed to be an End Times release and tbf they're even better than true AoS kits like Vulkites. 

I don't necessarily dislike Witch Aelves. I do think that they're the core of an army and could use some updated models that don't have the remnants of square-base design still in them. They could have more dynamic poses that are not all variants of jumping off rocks, and since Sisters of Slaughter are the same kit with the same poses and same rocks, help the army feel a little more varied. I like models jumping off rocks, but the entire squad?

The kit isn't bad, but as the core of a faction it could be better is all I'm saying.

And Vulkites I agree could be better too. Especially including some female Vulkites. But The kit is so new and the unit variety is so small for FS that expansion in that case is better than replacement.

Edited by Snarff
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Prices for the week (€):

image.jpeg.2ee5a20839a60f4b2176a0217275381c.jpeg

Nothing new. The big box maintains the price of the CoS and FEC ones and the TOW units maintain the price of the big (20-member) units.

I do think the Darkoath box is slightly overpriced. The CoS box was £120. Equivalent to €155 boxes nowadays is £125. When CoS came out it was a limited edition battletome but for Darkoath it is just a supplement that isn't valid in a couple of months.

Edited by Vaellas

Just now, Vaellas said:

I do think the Darkoath box is slightly overpriced. The CoS box was £120. Equivalent to $155 boxes nowadays is £125. When CoS came out it was a limited edition battletome but for Darkoath it is just a supplement that isn't valid in a couple of months.

Then the price has been raised in pounds, but not in euros, but I agree about the Battletome. Fair point.

5 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

I do think the Darkoath box is slightly overpriced. The CoS box was £120. Equivalent to €155 boxes nowadays is £125. When CoS came out it was a limited edition battletome but for Darkoath it is just a supplement that isn't valid in a couple of months.

It has a bit more plastic than Cities though (mounted general vs on foot, big monster vs mage), so maybe it's that.

• Like 1

I will say though, looking at how 40k is being handled, that I would assume Vanguards will all eventually be updated to Spearheads with each battletome release. Even though we have Stormcast Spearhead already for example we know that a Ruination one will be on the way too since they mentioned having everything you need for Spearheads in the launch box.

My hope is either the S2d Spearhead box is updated with some Darkoath and the Vanguard box still usable.

2 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

It has a bit more plastic than Cities though (mounted general vs on foot, big monster vs mage), so maybe it's that.

You may he right there tbh. Alchemist Warforger does not have as much bulk as the Darkoath beasty.

50 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Very interesting, thank you for the numbers.

Warcry 2nd ed. of course started bringing out some pure-AOS units too (well, Gorgers and Chamelons Skinks at least) as well as new scenery, but yeah that's an okay-ish production comparison between 2nd and 3rd...

There clearly was a lull (probably China supply / COVID-caused) at the start of 3rd (and some rework of GW's plan including Thondia and the Incarnates, cf. the Spider Incarnate Rumor Engine). And we suffered the strange Cursed City logistical debacle too. 

But then with releases like COS, Ironjawz, Darkoath and Dawnbringers in general I think we got a fair treatment in the end.

BRING IT ON 4th EDITION !!!

BRING ON THE OGOR REFRESH GW I AM HUNGRY!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Tbh it would be nice if the contents of a Darkoath or S2D upcoming Spearhead consist of models that are in the Darkoath box so that way for any of you that also want to play a bit of Spearhead and have the box you don't need to fork out anything extra. Like how the CoS Spearhead had Cavalry Marshall and Canon, but they were not in the Army Box. The cost to get those on top to play Spearhead is almost as much as the Spearhead itself so may as well get the box instead to grab some more Steelhelms and Cavalry.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Prices for the week (€):

image.jpeg.2ee5a20839a60f4b2176a0217275381c.jpeg

Nothing new. The big box maintains the price of the CoS and FEC ones and the TOW units maintain the price of the big (20-member) units.

Thank you for posting this. BTW, can you still chceck new release prices on GW's independent retailer website? I haven't been able to find it since a while back and I'm wondering if they moved it somewhere or they changed to only send that info out to stores directly.

Just now, Mortal Wound said:

Thank you for posting this. BTW, can you still chceck new release prices on GW's independent retailer website? I haven't been able to find it since a while back and I'm wondering if they moved it somewhere or they changed to only send that info out to stores directly.

No. I get them from stores.

3 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Tbh it would be nice if the contents of a Darkoath or S2D upcoming Spearhead consist of models that are in the Darkoath box so that way for any of you that also want to play a bit of Spearhead and have the box you don't need to fork out anything extra. Like how the CoS Spearhead had Cavalry Marshall and Canon, but they were not in the Army Box. The cost to get those on top to play Spearhead is almost as much as the Spearhead itself so may as well get the box instead to grab some more Steelhelms and Cavalry.

I would say that Spearheads and the Armybox would share models that can be bought in multiples for a competitive player, but the rest would be different. That way you can sell them also to collectors and competitive players. And the other way around, if someone joins for the spearhead game mode they could be tempted to expand the army with the armybox.

16 minutes ago, cyrus said:

So we call "ruinators" for the new model monday today ! ;)

ngcb3

What it'd love is a reveal of a new Stormcast war machine/artillery model now the Ballista is leaving the range.

But that's just me wishing 

• Like 3