The Rumour Thread

Just now, Nezzhil said:

They are gonna release the metal trolls, and the photos on journal and core rules are using the 3rd edition River ones. I think he had a mistake, they are similar.

Yeah, but that wouldn't invalidate that some minis could be compatible with both systems. Dawis will presumably be.

14 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I don't really understand these Armored Troggoth rumors. Not saying they're wrong, but why would they design a second Troggoth unit that's all about being tough? Rockguts are already the "tough stone skin Troggoth" archetype. Unless it's a totally different kind of troggoth that just happens to wear some armor.

They were in a short story. Since they were carrying around Skragrotts throne, maybe there's 2 of them in a unit, with size in between of Rockguts and Dankholds, Sourbreath troggoths with Armor (3+ save perhaps)

Edit: Also bodyguard unit maybe for squishy foot heroes?

Edited by pitzok
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You know if the rumours are true that the ranges are being split to track the sales of each system better...

As much as I like any plastic kit or model being available to buy. In my opinion it's just bizarre to have 2 different kits for the same unit. Apart from nostalgia and if it's cost effective, I can't see any incentive to buy the old Night Goblin kit when we have the newer sculpts right there. 

It's not going to be a good insight into what system is selling more Night Goblin kits, because most people I assume will still buy the newer sculpts, and if they are cheaper, then people would buy the old kit just to use in AoS as well. Madness.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Sould we expect a side preorder when WD500 comes? Like a new mini of gombrindal or something before 4th edición with rules for an army of renown with Fyre and Kharadron?

I feel like they would've revealed a new grombrindal by now if it was happening unfortunately 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

You know if the rumours are true that the ranges are being split to track the sales of each system better...

As much as I like any plastic kit or model being available to buy. In my opinion it's just bizarre to have 2 different kits for the same unit. Apart from nostalgia and if it's cost effective, I can't see any incentive to buy the old Night Goblin kit when we have the newer sculpts right there. 

It's not going to be a good insight into what system is selling more Night Goblin kits, because most people I assume will still buy the newer sculpts, and if they are cheaper, then people would buy the old kit just to use in AoS as well. Madness.

Yeah, is madness. 🙂

I also don't get it. It's an absurd system for tracking. You hit the nail on the head with the night goblin example.

Edit: Although the TOW night goblins set gives you 40 in one go. I am curious how much they will cost compared to the 20 of AoS. Which are nicer sculpts, but also old scupts. 

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

CoS wave 2 won't be until at least early next year (and most likely around mid-late 4th unless we get any more hints as to when the COGFORT drops, still hoping for a short wait like Lumineth had between releases (less than a year)), but Dwarfs are 100% coming either this month or May.

42 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They will very likely be released before AoS 4, if the current speed is maintained, and they will be available for both games for the time being. The 4th ed battletome doesn't need to be strictly released at the beginning of the next ed.

Yeah, I don't doubt they're coming this month or next. I don't see how they can keep them available for both, when they need to be repackaged for TOW. Ironbreakers/Drakes and Hammerer/Longbeards will likely be 20 to a box, as Tomb Guard and Foot Knights are. Cheaper too.

9 minutes ago, Sathrut said:

Yeah, I don't doubt they're coming this month or next. I don't see how they can keep them available for both, when they need to be repackaged for TOW. Ironbreakers/Drakes and Hammerer/Longbeards will likely be 20 to a box, as Tomb Guard and Foot Knights are. Cheaper too.

We only need to wait. All will be clear.

3 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

The way you write these messages kinda reminds me of Q-Anon.

People is making conspiracies all the time about ToW, miniaturas, squatting and a lot of things like this. I was claiming that is all more easy than that and nones need to worry

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Yeah, but a very reputable source said we don't have to worry in the near future about more minis being removed from AoS. I am super intrigued as well about what is going to happen with the Dawis/Dispossessed.

• Like 8

Yes! Casket of Souls! Finally! Also Darkoath box, which is tempting but I will resist! Have too much to paint by far. I am hoping a friend of mine who collects StD will get it.

I got excited when I saw the Tamurkhan book mention, I would have loved to see the other brothers added, and also it would give more material for Total War WH3, especially Slaanesh who could use another character and some units as it really only has enough in the tank for 1 DLC (probably Dechala). Sad times!

55 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, is madness. 🙂

I also don't get it. It's an absurd system for tracking. You hit the nail on the head with the night goblin example.

Edit: Although the TOW night goblins set gives you 40 in one go. I am curious how much they will cost compared to the 20 of AoS. Which are nicer sculpts, but also old scupts. 

In this particular case I don't see a big difference between both, so I think it would be all based on the price for both games:

SundayPreview Apr14 GobNightgoblins

stabbas-zajadorez-gloomspite-gitz-warhammer-age-of-sigmar.jpg

• Like 2

GW can also replace a dated model with a new model but that said new model may not be an exact replacement. Like Handgunner being replace with Fusiliers. It not a full squating but a softer one.

of course since it’s a reboot edition, it quite possibly that they be more focus on churning out battletomes (w/ standard hero model) then big model releases at least for the beginning of this edition. (Granted in 40K, they did release a Kroot expansion for Tau so something’s may still happen)

34 minutes ago, novakai said:

GW can also replace a dated model with a new model but that said new model may not be an exact replacement. Like Handgunner being replace with Fusiliers. It not a full squating but a softer one.

of course since it’s a reboot edition, it quite possibly that they be more focus on churning out battletomes (w/ standard hero model) then big model releases at least for the beginning of this edition. (Granted in 40K, they did release a Kroot expansion for Tau so something’s may still happen)

There's also been a few smaller updates that are bigger than a single character (Necrons with 3 characters and Dark Angels with 2 characters and 2 units). And AoS 3rd had Nighthaunt (2 characters and a unit) and Sylvaneth (Lady of Thorns and two units) within the first year of its life. So there should hopefully be something reasonable over the next year after 4th drops

14 minutes ago, EonChao said:

There's also been a few smaller updates that are bigger than a single character (Necrons with 3 characters and Dark Angels with 2 characters and 2 units). And AoS 3rd had Nighthaunt (2 characters and a unit) and Sylvaneth (Lady of Thorns and two units) within the first year of its life. So there should hopefully be something reasonable over the next year after 4th drops

Especially if the rumour about 4th edition getting twice as much investment as the third edition had is true.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

In this particular case I don't see a big difference between both, so I think it would be all based on the price for both games:

stabbas-zajadorez-gloomspite-gitz-warhammer-age-of-sigmar.jpg

I own 60 of those old night goblins and there is a massive difference. The newer are quite a bit smaller and the hands on the new kit are about a quarter of the size of the old ones. I remember loving the old kit when it first came out but now I wouldn't buy it for £5. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dragon-knight77 said:

Hold up can you explain that further 

Just that. There's a rumour that the 4th edition would have twice the investment from GW as we had in the 3rd edition.

If it is true AoS could go to the next level.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Just that. There's a rumour that the 4th edition would have twice the investment from GW as we had in the 3rd edition.

If it is true AoS could go to the next level.

that good rumor to hope for

after 10th edition i don't quite know what happen but it felt like any momentum 40k had sort of peeter off like they didn't know what what to do after the Oghram campaign and sort shuffle to redoing Pariah nexus. Kroot had a great refresh no doubt about it but rest so far got a "eh there good" out the player base

So it be interesting how AoS going to learn from said mistake 

6 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Didn't even know these, uhh, beautiful Night Goblins existed.

Guess we won't be saying goodbye to the current Moonclan Grots for a while still.
Makes me kinda scared for Dispossessed, since TOW dwarfs use the plastic Ironbreakers/Longbeards/Runelord/Warden King kits.

Woah, woah, woah! Pump the brakes there. Those night goblin minis are awesome. They ooze so much character.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DinoJon said:

So I just saw that River Trolls are getting reboxed for Warhammer the Old World. Is it possible we'll get a comparative resculpt of them for GSG soon or that they will be removed from the book for the rumored "Armoured Troggoths" or will they stay and just be compatible with both systems?

Id love to see more Troggoths, especially some form of Hairy Armoured beastie!!

I also wouldnt be suprised to see Fellwater Troggs become available to Kruelboyz.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2