The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Probably FS or ID would get a release wave earlier, indeed, but as an overall faction, S2D seem way safer than those, IMO.

Both CoS (since the new release) and S2D seem to be the base of many stories nowadays and I think this would be the new ground where most of the lore will start or take place.

Oh I should've read @Starfyre's original post better I slightly misunderstood I think. I always start projects either as new stuff comes out, or if I know a new release is coming imminently (back in 2017 I got into csm before the big range refresh happened, with raptors and stuff that wasn't gonna go away). I started KB since they were all new and I got some DoK because of krethusa and the potential for malerion coming at some point next edition.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vagard said:

The gryph stalker could be a nice base to convert a mounted marshall for a lethis themed CoS army

Just sayin

This is my plan as long as it's size will work. Straight into my Lethis Elden Ring themed Headless Demigod army.
Fingers crossed it's a nicely sculpted sizable model 🤞

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

This is my plan as long as it's size will work. Straight into my Lethis Elden Ring themed Headless Demigod army.
Fingers crossed it's a nicely sculpted sizable model 🤞

If there's a unit of gryph stalker riders they might become warlocks for my morai heg DoK, depending on scale

1 minute ago, Luperci said:

If there's a unit of gryph stalker riders they might become warlocks for my morai heg DoK, depending on scale

I don't think there would be a unit, but probably you would be able to get the Lord Vigilor fairly cheap from those selling the boxes in separate units. The only problem I see is the crow being the same all the time.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

If content is needed I am here to provide it!

A better look at the images from the newsletter:

DVNEjh6oGscIgig0.png
I find it curious how the back side of the axe simulates the ruination flames. Also, the Gryph-Stalker is clearly a crow.

For the Skavens one, I find it interesting that he has a spear made of warpstone:

Zg3bq6f1nSVMRHDX.png

The Gryph stalker looks a Crow because the "weird" prospective but it has 4 legs indeed.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't think there would be a unit, but probably you would be able to get the Lord Vigilor fairly cheap from those selling the boxes in separate units. The only problem I see is the crow being the same all the time.

Yeah true, I had thought about using the chargers from the vanguard palladors but they're expensive and I'd need 2 boxes for 1 unit of warlocks since they only come in 3s

1 hour ago, Sarouan said:

Valrak says a lot of wrong stuff.

If Fimirs return, it will be with a strong retcon of their background that, let's be honest, isn't really "safe for everyone". There's some really dark stuff in there.

I guess they'd make a nice Warcry band, easy to insert in Slaves to Darkness (they're pretty much the oldest worshippers of Chaos Powers), rather than a whole army right out of the hat.

Fimir already got a rewrite, with them being now in destruction and just normal egg laying without the bad stuff.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

If content is needed I am here to provide it!

A better look at the images from the newsletter:

DVNEjh6oGscIgig0.png
I find it curious how the back side of the axe simulates the ruination flames. Also, the Gryph-Stalker is clearly a crow.

For the Skavens one, I find it interesting that he has a spear made of warpstone:

Zg3bq6f1nSVMRHDX.png

Love the Gryph Stalker, especially since my Stormcast are meant to be from a Stormkeep in a Lethis aligned City of Sigmar. Also was only recently that I realised there is a bird skull on thr armour for the Stalker but now I realise it is also on the knee of the Stormcast. I wonder if this is only on this unit or a reoccurring theme with other Ruination units. It would be very interesting if it is connected with Morrda especially since her connections with escaping Nagash and warding against death tie in with Stormcast.

I'd really like to see new fimir, honestly for any game. I crave a celtic folklore inspired army (I was gonna do celtic beasts before the cull) and nothing is scratching my itch. I'd buy them up for kill team, there's a lot of squandered potential in them not creating any minor xenos and factions for that game. They could be similar to pisceans created by Dead earth.d5abf01510660f8a629ee766c5120557_original.jpg.eb88e9c34661e0eff2cf8cccc0d5ffc2.jpg

Edited by pitzok
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Love the Gryph Stalker, especially since my Stormcast are meant to be from a Stormkeep in a Lethis aligned City of Sigmar. Also was only recently that I realised there is a bird skull on thr armour for the Stalker but now I realise it is also on the knee of the Stormcast. I wonder if this is only on this unit or a reoccurring theme with other Ruination units. It would be very interesting if it is connected with Morrda especially since her connections with escaping Nagash and warding against death tie in with Stormcast.

It is not only on the Lord Vigilor, I would say. The other Ruination dude has the same crow skull in the shoulder. I think is the "animal" picked for the Ruination. If you sum that to the other theme being the skulls, they opted for crow skulls.

EDIT: Confirmed.

image.png.ef06f59deb6c880a0d11cc9d9261c3a2.png

Image1

EDIT 2: Also noticed that the icon from the forehead of the cover dude is displayed on the "chainmail tabard" from the pic above. So it looks like it is somehow linked to the ruination chamber or an important rune/ sigil for that chamber.

WhNWuDbEpfqjOyy4.jpg

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

About the 4chan """leak""", I remember watching the recent Metawatch for Underworlds and them saying that it's never been more popular. It could just be marketing talk coming out of their mouths, but it's not like GW say things like that overly often despite all their PR chatter. It's also not the wildest statement if they're going off model sales - we know that even if the game itself isn't being played, people generally love UW for paint projects. 

It would  be a strange move to suddenly decide to take it out back if it's doing as well as claimed. Plus, it's already had an established 'rotation' for semi-old sculpts in a way that most other systems don't, which would be a point in it's favour already if GW's concerns are with trimming down the amount of models they produce and store in a warehouse.

Finally it's 4chan slash /tg/ and how often are leaks from there ever actually reliable? 1/10 times, if that? 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

I just notice something. With Scylla and Valkyia gone Khorne has almost no name human (i know demon prince still counts). You have Khul who might just become a demon prince and Skarr Bloodwrath

geez they really want you to play demons if you want to go mono-god (unless your slaanesh). Hope for the bloody new model

Valkia the Bloody comes out to slay in Total Warhammer 3 DLC | Wargamer

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is not only on the Lord Vigilor, I would say. The other Ruination dude has the same crow skull in the shoulder. I think is the "animal" picked for the Ruination. If you sum that to the other theme being the skulls, they opted for crow skulls.

EDIT: Confirmed.

image.png.ef06f59deb6c880a0d11cc9d9261c3a2.png

Image1

EDIT 2: Also noticed that the icon from the forehead of the cover dude it is displayed on the "chainmail tabard" from the pic above. So it looks like it is linked to the ruination chamber somehow or it is an important rune/ sigil for that chamber.

WhNWuDbEpfqjOyy4.jpg

Im still wondering why they trying to depict the 1 edition armor as this skinny fit form armor when it completely the opposite direction their going with the models. Honestly that image doesn't do it justice as 1e armor look better then the ruination or Thunderstrike armor they're trying to sell just because it actually look like she fit in it then the bulky "im poking my head out in my dad armor"

Edited by Dragon-knight77
forgot to add image

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Im still wondering why they trying to depict the 1 edition armor as this skinny fit form armor when it completely the opposite direction their going with the models. Honestly that image doesn't do it justice as 1e armor look better then the ruination or Thunderstrike armor they're trying to sell just because it actually look like she fit in it then the bulky "im poking my head out in my dad armor"

I thought the same when I was seeing again the pic, then I noticed the round near the shoulder, which is typical of the new Liberators, and immediately came to my mind how the Liberators looked a bit chunkier than Vindictors. Maybe that's why the model has been represented like that.

9 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I just notice something. With Scylla and Valkyia gone Khorne has almost no name human (i know demon prince still counts). You have Khul who might just become a demon prince and Skarr Bloodwrath

geez they really want you to play demons if you want to go mono-god (unless your slaanesh). Hope for the bloody new model

Tzaangors and kairics aren't daemons and that's like half of the tzeentch army list. Unless you're just talking about mortal characters, but even then tzeentch has the curseling, tzaangor shaman and magisters. Khorne has plenty of bloodbound mortals too, like an insane amount of foot characters still leftover from 1st ed lol. I'll grant that nurgle only really has the blightkings though 

7 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Tzaangors and kairics aren't daemons and that's like half of the tzeentch army list. Unless you're just talking about mortal characters, but even then tzeentch has the curseling, tzaangor shaman and magisters. Khorne has plenty of bloodbound mortals too, like an insane amount of foot characters still leftover from 1st ed lol. I'll grant that nurgle only really has the blightkings though 

I said named characters

Nurgle does have some mortal characters like Glottkin i just remember and gotrot spew. But unless your talking about the underworld team there very little mortal character in the mono gods and the curseling is a demon

Edited by Dragon-knight77

Just now, Dragon-knight77 said:

I said named characters

And the  curseling is a demon

Why does a lack of named characters mean that GW doesn't want you to play with mortal worshippers though, a lack of named characters doesn't make that whole half of the army redundant 

Screenshot_20240410-125652.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Her model is going away with BoC etc. they maybe never intended to give her an updated version

More likely we have time before battletome Khorne comes in 4th and new miniatures will unavoidably be with it, not before.

Sure, she is from WHFB but she's also a demon and not affected by mortality. Wouldn't be surprised if she comes back in a much bigger, Daemon Prince-size miniature if GW decides to keep her.

After all, Sigvald made it that way. ;)

Edited by Sarouan
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

I just realized I should be sad aswell, the only malerion mini in all AoS have dissapeared :(

Good night, my sweet sweet girl.

Mistweaver Saih? I'm sad to see her go too, kinda regret not picking her up before she sold out on GW webstore but idk what I'd do with her tbh

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

In the other thread @Nezzhil said Ogors are "very safe" next edition. They are occasionally a touch rumour mongery. They then posted the "hungry" post. I suspect they know something to do with Ogors. 

Thank you I missed that post. This is the problem after removing one Faction, we all worry ours is next.

Too much stress in the real world to worry about plastic soldiers!!

• Like 5