The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Are these spears, or two handed weapons?

Because if they are spears, then thats 20 clanrats with swords/// 20 clanrats with spears for the box

Both? :D 

I think they are just rusted weapons they have found and are using.

On another note....

Warhammer World are going to be selling tickets for a Painting workshop on the new Skaven on 18th May

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-mortal-realms-reforged-hobby-classes-skaven-tickets-871926855697?aff=ebdsoporgprofile&keep_tld=1

Not sure if it is a good deal for a painting workshop, but £100 for the knowledge, paints, brushes and model doesn't seem end of the world. Pretty sure my wife wouldn't see it like that though! :D 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Okay key question here

image.png.0fea6d98168d2f67875cc2d8e4ae8f22.png

Because if they are spears, then thats 20 clanrats with swords/// 20 clanrats with spears for the box

Ha! Do you remember when we were talking about the video and I said something long was a sword? Here they are. Weird swords to me. Just thinking about them as tiny spears would feel... a bit ridiculous.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

On another note....

Warhammer World are going to be selling tickets for a Painting workshop on the new Skaven on 18th May

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-mortal-realms-reforged-hobby-classes-skaven-tickets-871926855697?aff=ebdsoporgprofile&keep_tld=1

Not sure if it is a good deal for a painting workshop, but £100 for the knowledge, paints, brushes and model doesn't seem end of the world. Pretty sure my wife wouldn't see it like that though! :D 

Hummmmm

• Warpstone weapons
  • Sewer basing

But none of the clanrats have these things...

Edited by Garrac

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ha! Do you remember when we were talking about the video and I said something long was a sword? Here they are. Weird swords to me. Just thinking about them as tiny spears would feel... a bit ridiculous.

They definitely hacking, stabbing, jabbing, cutting things!

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Quite interesting flag, I don't know if the 'eavy painters painted it the way it is intentionally, but a geometric shape inside a white circle in a red flag ? Cmon they must have known what they were referencing. 

Idk mate. I'm probably among the leftist leaning people on this site and I didn't think of that but if so it's pretty apt to put it on a bunch of miserable mangy rats.

On the topic of these rats it makes me so sad because Skaven were the first thing that got me into Warhammer Fantasy actually. I still have a decent collection of them in a box and if it wasn't for GW being GW I would be so excited right now. Probably buy in and start another army but after having my miniatures spit on by some GW suit now I feel nothing for these awesome minis. 

I think GW have given me hobby depression not real depression but that "I can't enjoy the things I used to love" but only in relation to tiny plastic men lol

• Sad 1

I hate these!

That's right, you heard me.

Hate, hate, hate.

So much in fact, you know what I'll do? I'll buy a whooole bunch of them, just to sacrifice on the altar of Sotek.

Yup, definitely not starting an army of these stupidly good miniatures.

Not even a little.

- - -

Okay, maybe even a little.

Edited by Magnusaur
  • Haha 6

Great update. As a long-time skaven fan this update feels exactly right. Tle old skaven but new. 
For those who think they're not "AoSified" enough, bear in mind two things:
Clanrats are suppossed to be rabble without anything special special, and Skaven were always the more over the top faction back in Fantasy, so they can't take them much further without jumping the shark, IMO.

Still, I'm sure we'll see some realy crazy stuff done with them down the line.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Surely not? No trophy rack. Probably the Clawlord/HQ.

I think Ejecutor is aware of that and it's just pointing out that the leaker may have been confused by the Champion (although the helmet is pretty standard in Skaven fashion).

Just now, Jator said:

Great update. As a long-time skaven fan this update feels exactly right. Tle old skaven but new. 
For those who think they're not "AoSified" enough, bear in mind two things:
Clanrats are suppossed to be rabble without anything special special, and Skaven were always the more over the top faction back in Fantasy, so they can't take them much further without jumping the shark, IMO.

Still, I'm sure we'll see some realy crazy stuff done with them down the line.

Thinking about AoSification, I think there's one thing that we've missed. The fact that the clan now seems to be composed of the classic clan rats, Eshin and Pestilens. This one could be easily one from Pestilens and the other one from Eshin.

image.png.0dd1be47c1a8f7c3c57a3890bc173bdf.png

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Thinking about AoSification, I think there's one thing that we've missed. The fact that the clan now seems to be composed of the classic clan rats, Eshin and Pestilens. This one could be easily one from Pestilens and the other one from Eshin.

Good pickup! Yeah looks like the supposed amalgamation we've been hearing about.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

34 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Okay key question here

image.png.0fea6d98168d2f67875cc2d8e4ae8f22.png

They're 'clanrat weapons'. All under a single unified profile on the warscroll. Equipment variants don't exist in 4ed outside '1 model in 5' or '1 model in 10' special weapons.

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Quite interesting flag, I don't know if the 'eavy painters painted it the way it is intentionally, but a geometric shape inside a white circle in a red flag ? Cmon they must have known what they were referencing. 

I think that's a bit of a reach...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Gotta disagree with you on that. Hoods and pustules are common in regular Skaven too; I really don't think their design is pointing out at a merging of clans, but we'll see.

Edited by Jator
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jator said:

Gotta disagree with you on that. Hoods and pustules are common in regular Skaven too; I really don't think their design is pointing out at a merging of clans, but we'll see.

Yeah I think it’s maybe a fun little nod to Pestilens and Eshin at most, not actually those clans in one unit. Hoods like that were in the old kit and most of them there had pustules to some degree. 

• Like 1

Think the new clan rats are absolutely brilliant. Just enough push beyond the old models to update them into a new world while remaining what they were at their core.

Also, they're 1000x better than the new Liberators. They still look like a basic unit but still have a variety of materials, textures and poses where Liberators just look like big metal man #1-5.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Idk mate. I'm probably among the leftist leaning people on this site and I didn't think of that but if so it's pretty apt to put it on a bunch of miserable mangy rats.

You’re right, if you’re putting something inspired by this in Warhammer, put it on the treacherous, self destructive and ugly mangy rat men, at least it’s an accurate representation:D 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I wouldn’t put this down to an amalgamation or anything larger and more thematic.

You could see it in the verminus/“regular skaven” before, where maybe one has some pustules or mutations, another has some simple tech stuff, another has a hood. It’s very clear in the OG skaven underworlds warband. A bit like how most undivided chaos kits have the vaguely Khorne-ish head, the vaguely Tzeentch-ish head, etc, without those necessarily demanding that the minis be exactly that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah that jumped to my mind immediately when I first saw the image. They are cool models but that is a really unfortunate choice of colors for the flag.

Keeping up with of rumor and reveals

Skaven

Trailer confirmed:

• Clan rats
  • AoS Clanrats Apr8 Image1
  • Warlord on Giant rat
    • 10 new units in the Age of Sigmar 4th edition trailer
  • Rat ogre
  • [Thumb - IMG_9062.jpeg]
  • Jezails

@SG Warhound Rumors 

•  Stormvermin
  • Grey seer
  • Warlock engineer
    • A named Warlock assumedly since he mentions New warlock  
  • Arch Warlock
  • Master moulder
  • Globadiers
  • ALL Weapon team (which I'm assuming is leak unit with the Warpvolt obliterator)
  • Nu-Queek of some sort with bodyguards
  • Globadiers
  • New Verminlord
  • New Artillery (Hyper rattling cannonade leak unit)
  • Age of Sigmar 4th edition confirmed, with a Skaven invasion
  • New Behmoth
  • New wolf rats

Stormcast

Trailer confirmed

• The Lord Vigilant on Gryph-Stalker as per @Whitefang back me up)
  • r/ageofsigmar - Screenshot of the new units in from the trailer
  • Liberators
  • Liberators Reforged – Heed Sigmar's Call With the First Miniature of the  New Edition - Warhammer Community
  • Ruination Custodes
  • Prosecutors

Leaked/rumor

• Paladins
  • 42A20821-EE7D-42A3-A587-10915ED7DECB.jpeg.7690c7d09a4557d21301177f9bb3f14e.jpeg
  • Cover art executioner
  • 3200dca47f678b3515946554b9647e24_133644.jpeg
  • SCE reforgers (the image below)
  • r/ageofsigmar - New Edition art
Edited by Dragon-knight77
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Keeping up with of rumor and reveals

Skaven

Trailer confirmed:

• Clan rats
  • AoS Clanrats Apr8 Image1
  • Warlord on Giant rat
  • Rat ogre
  • [Thumb - IMG_9062.jpeg]
  • Jezails

@SG Warhound Rumors 

•  Stormvermin
  • Grey seer
  • Warlock engineer
    • A named Warlock assumedly since he mentions New warlock  
  • Arch Warlock
  • Master moulder
  • Globadiers
  • ALL Weapon team (which I'm assuming is leak unit with the Warpvolt obliterator)
  • Nu-Queek of some sort with bodyguards
  • Globadiers
  • New Verminlord
  • New Artillery (Hyper rattling cannonade leak unit)
  • Age of Sigmar 4th edition confirmed, with a Skaven invasion
  • New Behmoth
  • New wolf rats

Stormcast

Trailer confirmed

• The Lord Vigilant on Gryph-Stalker as per @Whitefang back me up)
  • Liberators
  • Liberators Reforged – Heed Sigmar's Call With the First Miniature of the  New Edition - Warhammer Community
  • Ruination Custodes
  • Prosecutors

Leaked/rumor

• Paladins
  • 42A20821-EE7D-42A3-A587-10915ED7DECB.jpeg.7690c7d09a4557d21301177f9bb3f14e.jpeg
  • Cover art executioner
  • 3200dca47f678b3515946554b9647e24_133644.jpeg
  • SCE reforgers (the image below)
  • r/ageofsigmar - New Edition art

Probably the new warlock engineer is the leaked sprue from this morning.

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Also, btw, I keep reading all these "Nah, bro, clanrats are new, they don't need an update"

Latest clanrats models were from 2010. 14 years ago. Let that sink in.

There were other skaven units in WAY most dire need of a refresh, but they also needed an update.

Holy moly I didn't realise they were that old! The majority of plastic Skaven have aged so well.