The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I mean considering the stormy marines releases.

can one even get excited about that factions releases anymore?

Seriously, why not? Like every faction, there are people who like them and those, who are not interested. Only because you don't care, doesn't mean no one else does.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Luperci said:

It's funny that they've removed weapon ranges too, so that won't even differentiate them anymore. It'd be interesting if liberator were anti armour-line troop hybrids with those big hammers but I expect they'll just be the stormcast objective grabbers

If GW can write hundreds of warscroll across twenty five armies, I'm sure they're capable of finding a way to get these two units sorted. So far we have very little (next to none) detail on the rules, but we DO have the launch interview, in which they said they went back to rewrite the warscrolls more in accordance with what the units represent and how they should feel. They are also much better at game development now, better than they've ever been, probably. So maybe, just maybe, there's no need to assume the worst ; )

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

For me, there are two approaches here:

1 - I don't collect this faction nor do the new models appeal to me, I am not excited.
2 - Start from 1, but then you get excited about the overall game. Why? Because even if the models are not your taste, the game keeps getting support and the sculpting gets improved over and over.

I think, as we play one of the main games, we assume that the game would be getting a lot of stuff and kept forever. So for me every release is a joyful time, even if I wouldn't ever buy those models, because we don't know when an End of Times like event could come.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

For me, there are two approaches here:

1 - I don't collect this faction nor do the new models appeal to me, I am not excited.
2 - Start from 1, but then you get excited about the overall game. Why? Because even if the models are not your taste, the game keeps getting support and the sculpting gets improved over and over.

I think, as we play one of the main games, we assume that the game would be getting a lot of stuff and kept forever. So for me every release is a joyful time, even if I wouldn't ever buy those models, because we don't know when an End of Times like event could come.

I assume you meant to reply to screech instead? But yeah, I always love seeing cool new minis, GW designers, sculptors and painters are all insanely talented and it's great to see the stuff they put out. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If what they said in the video is true, we could see fewer models because the box would include scenery.

I still wonder if it was just a misspeak about the launch box and it’s the starter box will have scenery (akin to 40k starter). Unless it’s already been clarified?

• Thanks 1

Just now, GrimDork said:

I still wonder if it was just a misspeak about the launch box and it’s the starter box will have scenery (akin to 40k starter). Unless it’s already been clarified?

Nope. Nothing has been said about it. The thing is that there are two odd wordings combined. Launch box and day one. Normally the starter sets are released later on. If we sum that all to the fact that the trailer seems to be portraying lesser "minis", it could point to the scenery.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I'm probably the more excited about this Stormcast release than any of the previous ones.

I think the new art direction is rad. Stormcast have been getting cooler with every release, IMO.

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Does anyone have any idea when the warscrolls for the new warcry ghosts and aelves will show up? I can't wait to see them

They tend to post the rules when the miniatures are officially released. I'd say wait for next week.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If you want to know how the will look, here you go. A Lord-Castellant:

l0Po6rhajYzaunvP.png

I'm pretty excited to see the updated elite units in comparison to the Liberators. If they can strike the right balance between complex armor, chachkies and the new sleek visual style like the key-stellant, I'm gonna have to get a few to paint up (hopefully in upcoming Underworlds warbands).

Nice Stormcast, even if i do not collect them ("Changecasts" are an option, though ;) ). 

I do not think anyone reasonably expected GW to change the design by a lot. The current iteration is already awesome.

But the fact they decided to redesign "old" models instead of inventing a new unit with a faux latin name and the same battlefield role is a welcome surprise. 

Also looks easy to paint and handle ( people forget starter miniatures tend to be handled quite roughly, aka thrown around a lot)

Now give me contrast/drybrush Skaven and this might be the best starter for quite some time!

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Hopefully the new Skaven models are a large improvement over all of these.

If I had to bet, new clanrats will probably be scrouching more, with longer separated tails, and more dynamic poses now that they'll be made with a round-base-squad game in mind. Something like Spiteclaw, but with more scrouching, and on a middle term since they must look like the same unit. And also, I guess some little rats as decoration or at the feet.

After the trailer reveal, how are we feeling about this rumor? Seems like a mostly educated guess. It doesn't say that the other resin/metal weapon teams are moving away, though. Pretty sure by the end of the full Skaven release, the army will have no resin whatsoever - either due to being replaced or squatted. That's where Tyranids ended up, anyway.

It didn't explicitly call the Clawlord(?) on Wolfrat(?) from the trailer, but maybe that's just part of "Wolfrats".

RUMORS: New Skaven Miniatures & Sprue Leak

As for how the new Clanrats might look, these comparison might give us some idea...

image.png.fadf8be88932e69938c3c11e9f313f6c.png

Edited by Magnusaur

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I think it comes down to personal perspective or how you see the hobby. Personally I'm not big on yuck-ing other people's yum, if they're pumped for something that's great! Even if something isn't for me or a product isn't marketted for me it's their hobby as much as it is mine and it's very rad to see so many people excited or passionate about the same thing as me 😊

More AoS minis is more good, even if they're for the armies I don't collect. Deepening the lore, widening the model horizons is great for such a young game with the benefit that the AoS model designers are nuts are producing so many unique and amazing models 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Boole said:

New edition starter box will have 74 models.

Skaven side:

Clanrats

Rat Ogors 

Jezzails 

Grey Seer 

Clawlord 

Ratling Cannon 

Btw, I dunno how trustworthy is this whitout a whitefangcheck, but seems weird to have Moulder monsters and not a master moulder. I guess the weird stuff on the artwork was just that, artwork?

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Btw, I dunno how trustworthy is this whitout a whitefangcheck, but seems weird to have Moulder monsters and not a master moulder. I guess the weird stuff on the artwork was just that, artwork?

It's weird in the context of Skaven, but not especially weird in the game as a whole. Most armies don't get a dedicated monster buffing foot hero.

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Seriously, why not? Like every faction, there are people who like them and those, who are not interested. Only because you don't care, doesn't mean no one else does.

Definitely although I mean more like we have seem then edition in and out.

wouldn’t it be more interesting, especially for making up theories if another army or factions gets a chance.

considering we have a few that could definitely use an update or some extra models, a starter with them instead of the marines wouldn’t be a bad idea in my own opinion 

5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Definitely although I mean more like we have seem then edition in and out.

wouldn’t it be more interesting, especially for making up theories if another army or factions gets a chance.

considering we have a few that could definitely use an update or some extra models, a starter with them instead of the marines wouldn’t be a bad idea in my own opinion 

I get what you're saying, but we all need to be aware of the practicalities. Stormcast are the branding for the AoS, just like the Space Marines are for the 40K. Like it or not, that's the reality of it. Without them, each game would be lacking in market recognisability and, as a result, would be smaller, less developed. Those golden bois basically pay for all the other armies to exist. Heck, to some extent, the Space Marines probably pay for the AoS to exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Double reward points, if someone is planning to get the new cases:

To celebrate the launch of the new range this week, orders of Warhammer cases from the Wicked Brick website will earn double reward points until the end of Saturday 6th April. If you’ve ever been looking for a display case that’s as beautiful as the miniatures inside it, now is the time.

Show Off Your Army in Style With New Warhammer Display Cases From Wicked Brick - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

E87aHvvxGAt9HGcZ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I had a look at their store because I need a proper display unit, the fact that they don't list the actual dimensions on the product page is very annoying, unless I'm just thick and couldn't find it lol