The Rumour Thread

Work, family, university work and the fact I haven't bought a copy yet. 

Sorry if my schedule doesn't fit everyone else's but it's not much to ask for. It is a rumour thread, not a spoiler thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I love the direction AOS and the Narrative is going. 

I could definitely see Chaos Duardin, Skaven and Ogors being the big releases for this Edition.

Alongside Wave 2s for Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Ossiarch, Kruelboyz, Kharadron and Cities.

Wave 3 for Lumineth as well.

Theres plenty of space and time for all that to happen.

Malerion? I think he'll be the big bad in 5.0 with his Aelves joining DOK.

Random thought because of laughing whitefang.

What if Chorfs are the "Dawnbringers" army like CoS and Malerion is going to be the one to stop them.

Edit: ofc we know Sigmar and Nagash cant stop the Skaven and the Greenskinz will be here to save the day. Not because they want to save everyone, but because 1 rat pissed of Skragrott.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

So, who do we think is the next contender for Official™ Dark God™ of The Ruinous Powers™?
Maybe another reason Hashut is up next is to be a kind of mirror to the GHR.

image.png.050ff8ac81c76eed4acbaf1cd871c9c7.png

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Random thought because of laughing whitefang.

What if Chorfs are the "Dawnbringers" army like CoS and Malerion is going to be the one to stop them.

I like that idea 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vaellas said:

I would love Thunderstrike Astreia...

A thunderstrike aventis would be awesome too, love the tauralon mount. Has he popped up in the lore recently considering he's hammerhal based? I've missed some of the warcom shorts and book roundups

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I think if Hashut is depicted as a Chaos god of "order" or "creation" that would work well as a foil to "ruin".

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

So, who do we think is the next contender for Official™ Dark God™ of The Ruinous Powers™?

Well, they're letting just anyone join the club nowadays, so who knows... 

• Haha 2

I was just reorganising my Underworlds sets (I know, no one plays it, UnderWHO?, etc.) and it got me thinking...

Are we going to lose a bunch of them from the indices (i.e. a good time to drop older ones that aren't purchasable) or will we maybe get some old ones added back into the armies they go with (Grymwatch for example) and update them like they just did with Rivals of the Mirrored City?

RotMC was kind of two fold, making them available again so AoS players could get them and new Underworlds players could get them, but also updating them for the current season of Underworlds.

2 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

image.png.050ff8ac81c76eed4acbaf1cd871c9c7.png

I like that idea 🤔

No kweethul, but will be Malice ( Malah )

1 hour ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I was just reorganising my Underworlds sets (I know, no one plays it, UnderWHO?, etc.) and it got me thinking...

Are we going to lose a bunch of them from the indices (i.e. a good time to drop older ones that aren't purchasable) or will we maybe get some old ones added back into the armies they go with (Grymwatch for example) and update them like they just did with Rivals of the Mirrored City?

RotMC was kind of two fold, making them available again so AoS players could get them and new Underworlds players could get them, but also updating them for the current season of Underworlds.

I doubt we will see them. They are updating decks for older warbands with not full faction decks so only s1 and s2. Beastgrave onwards all got legal decks and they are still competitive with new stuff, especially grymwatch 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aleser said:

I doubt we will see them. They are updating decks for older warbands with not full faction decks so only s1 and s2. Beastgrave onwards all got legal decks and they are still competitive with new stuff, especially grymwatch 😁

My thought was more that it would be odd to maintain warscrolls for something like Mollog's (now made available again through update for Underworlds), yet still be missing a warscroll for Grymwatch who were missing from the new FEC book.
It's annoying having on again off again support for them. I would much rather they commit, or just remove them - but I'm thinking it will just end up like it is now where some are supported with warscrolls (Hexbane's, Rippa's, etc.) and some aren't (Grymwatch), especially if the upcoming Skinnerkin get/maintain support in the index.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

14 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

The disrespect is for Chamon!

AoS RealmsLore Mar26 Realms6

Sharing an image with Ghyran and... it seems there's nothing more on Chamon than Vindicarum and the Spiral Crux! Sometimes I feel I picked the worst realm for my army 😭

I would like to see more of Ulgu. The Dawnbringer short with Krethusa was good insight on the environment. Would help me with creating a concept for my DoK-Army bases.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

My thought was more that it would be odd to maintain warscrolls for something like Mollog's (now made available again through update for Underworlds), yet still be missing a warscroll for Grymwatch who were missing from the new FEC book.
It's annoying having on again off again support for them. I would much rather they commit, or just remove them - but I'm thinking it will just end up like it is now where some are supported with warscrolls (Hexbane's, Rippa's, etc.) and some aren't (Grymwatch), especially if the upcoming Skinnerkin get/maintain support in the index.

I imagine the older stuff may end up with Index cards in Legends (ie, not updated regularly, and not recommended for matched play)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I love the direction AOS and the Narrative is going. 

I could definitely see Chaos Duardin, Skaven and Ogors being the big releases for this Edition.

Alongside Wave 2s for Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Ossiarch, Kruelboyz, Kharadron and Cities.

Wave 3 for Lumineth as well.

Theres plenty of space and time for all that to happen.

Malerion? I think he'll be the big bad in 5.0 with his Aelves joining DOK.

You got the Whitefang haha react, you know what that means : happy times ahead the factions you mentioned.

And tbf I get why. We already know Skaven and Chorfs are coming. LRL need their river mage and spirit to go with their new unit, and the teased chariots and scouts. CoS has to still get rid of a lot of WFB models.

The rest is just educated guesses but like, very educated. (Yeah Idoneth has such a cool concept but is so underexploited right now).

One thing you didn’t mention is Beasts, did you lose hope the beasty bois will get anything this edition ?

• LOVE IT! 1

16 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Sharing an image with Ghyran and... it seems there's nothing more on Chamon than Vindicarum and the Spiral Crux! Sometimes I feel I picked the worst realm for my army

I think that Chamon is one of the bests realms. Sadly, we need a Soulbound expansion to see a fully developed realm of metal (The Great Patch is awesome, thanks Cubicle7). But we already have awesome hooks like Gholemkin and the ancient ruins of the Khazalid Empire waiting to be developed.

I'm still reading Ghosts of Barak-Minoz (a few pages to finish the book), and I must say that it's awesome. One of my favorite AoS books and it reminds me about Josh Reynold's AoS books.

It explains a bit how the realmspheres work (hysh/ulgu rotations, there is even an explanation about how Kharadron's count time and space), the death air and the perimeter inimical, but seen from Drekki's crew eyes, that alone makes all the realms a bit more grounded and understandable for the reader.

Btw, the Kharadron Overlords longbeards are called oldbeards (because KOs trim a bit their beards). I demand a new elite unit!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Luperci said:

A thunderstrike aventis would be awesome too, love the tauralon mount. Has he popped up in the lore recently considering he's hammerhal based? I've missed some of the warcom shorts and book roundups

I think he is slightly mentioned due to the city's siege.

2 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

I don't think putting stuff into Legends and bringing it back is healthy for the game. If the Grymwatch comes back some people could complain about the Cursed City heroes, for example, that are newer than the Grymwatch and their "evil" equivalents are being used.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

It’s paint or build on the muster cards since they’re on their twice it’s  1pt build a leader 1pt paint a leader etc, or at least that how my store is doing it

FWIW the cards we had said build and paint. Obviously stores will do it in a way they can get away with that is in the spirit of the campaign whilst promoting engagement. Like if I were running a store I might say built and primed is half a point, painted is the other half, and then if people are struggling with painting emphasis games to get them engaged. But the staffers will know how best to do that 

7 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Regarding the in-store event, my local posted the below a few days back:

image.png.1621934e4c8b0423acded92265cff733.png

And they have been doing a daily worldbuilding thing to determine the details of the city, like the realm, location in the realm, description of the terrain, etc. while they build an in store board to match it.

Quoted below to not absorb too much post space:

That’s really cool, thanks for sharing

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You got the Whitefang haha react, you know what that means : happy times ahead the factions you mentioned.

And tbf I get why. We already know Skaven and Chorfs are coming. LRL need their river mage and spirit to go with their new unit, and the teased chariots and scouts. CoS has to still get rid of a lot of WFB models.

The rest is just educated guesses but like, very educated. (Yeah Idoneth has such a cool concept but is so underexploited right now).

One thing you didn’t mention is Beasts, did you lose hope the beasty bois will get anything this edition ?

Thanks mate!!

Regardings Beasts Im really at a crossroads for what theyll do. I dont believe theyre going ti be squatted but Im also not sure this is their Edition to be refreshed.

Im guessing the single model treatment for them for 4.0 then their refresh in 5.0 alongside Wave 2 for Nurgle and Tzeentch.

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What about Verdigris failing, but her succumbing to her Ghyranite powers in the last defense and appearing later on as a Sylvaneth character? I think that would be a nice plot twist and a cool way to give an army a name with some lore behind it.

I'd prefer her to stay a CoS character, orna Sylvaneth/CoS hybrid, she could sacrifice herself to become a tree and enshroud Verdigris in a bubble of magical wood that keeps out the invaders. And when they finally get through wittled down by the life manifestation (Abraxia would probably have to cut through it with her spear, corrupting it) it withers and Thorian becomes immobile, becoming like a literal tree in the middle of the city, being worshipped as a saint and saviour. Maybe she could then spit out a sylvaneth-esque avatar of herself from the tree and we could get a miniature of that (I really want a mini of her)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

We should do this: one post, one statement. Otherwise, we spend a lot of time playing "mastermind" with Whitefang's reactions. 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, lare2 said:

I'm certain they'll update Sacrosanct. One thing at a time though. Think this edition will just be the early stuff. New Sacrosanct in 5.0.

For sure! That would be far to much to update for Stormcast this edition, a sacrosanct character or two would be cool to see where they take the chamber going forward. I like to convert and kitbash anyways 😄

4 minutes ago, Ookami said:

I wonder if there is gonna be some new edition info on WarCom today

I think they will follow the 40K 10th edition build up and we will see something. With them showing off the game for people to play in May, we should be getting bits of rules over April as well as faction focuses.