The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Some of us of course weren't there in 2015-2018 but come on ! GW has done it many times, and the first iteration was the best IMO, during Malign Portents (on its website with the excellent short stories), 6 years ago before AOS2 ! 

Azyr is just spatialy above and the "axis" of the other realms rotation. Shyish isn't under the rest of the realms.

Alas this video now is unreferenced, as it was then replaced in AOS2 with this one, less clear but still : 

All of it was also posted on Warhammer Community. BTW we are one click away from a Wiki answering how the Realms work. And the various iterations of the AOS website also have a map of the Realms and a timeline :

https://ageofsigmar.com/explore-the-realms/

I wasn’t aware of any of that so that’s ace they’ve already done it. Still think it’s cool they’ve done a quick primer for everybody

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Still think it’s cool they’ve done a quick primer for everybody

Yes it's great they are doing it again, as each edition it should reach more people !

Also it baffles me GW wasn't spreading their videos of the setting more, as it is often asked on social media even in the Age of Internet ...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Luperci said:

it'd be an interesting project, a lot of stores have facebook pages and checking my local store they have the name of the city on there. You could probably get a lot that way, I reckon you'd feel a bit gutted if they just release a list of them all with the result at the end though

That's a good point. It might be worth waiting until after the event starts to give them all a chance to post it or the Community team to publish a list.

• Like 1

Imagine AoS sales are so bad GW doesn’t know what to do with it and just playing for time making some false leaks via Whitefang or SG warhound or filler articles on WarCom. To finally come out and say that Sigmar is a real person, actual head of marketing (or related) and that he lied about next edition. So now we’re all going to play Old World and burn our brilliant miniatures from AoS era😁

The real pros here is that Beastmen will not be deleted

• Haha 2
  • Confused 10

Two things I need from GW.

Next Warhammer quest should be set in commoragh. Would be great to see the various lords battling for power as you attempt a quest. Introducing Lady Malys, duke sliscus etc.

After watching the new edition trailer again and seeing the final shot I would love a new mordheim game. This time set in either an almost defeated rat city or dawnbringer city (or both). I love warcry but something with a stronger RPG element would be great.

Also I've been away from this site for weeks for to the weird view of everything overlapping. Is that just for me or is everyone having that issue? Do we know of a fix? It's a mobile phone I'm viewing on

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I love the Sacrosanct aesthetic of warrior wizards with the cloaks etc  but much much prefer the new proportions. Maybe it's just hopium but I reallly hope some of the Sacrosanct units get updated to the Thunderstrike armour too like this guy and character in Dominion. If they're not updated with the (assumably) wave of SCE with their Battletome, I think I should be able to convert the look I want. Vigilors with some kitbashed staffs could be great Evocators! 😄

I am 100% there with you. Sacrosanct are one of my favourite Chambers lore wise but the Thunderstrike makes between Tzane, Knight Arcanum and Domitans Stormcoven look incredible and it would be great to see at least one new/ updated Wizard going in to some of the early 4th edition models. Don't think we saw one in the trailer so hopefully new/ updated wizard and priest tbh with the first wave of models after the launch box

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

As someone who has often been hesitant about Age of Sigmar's rather abstract worldbuilding, I appreciate today's primer. A strong sense of scale and place is what I miss the most from the setting.

One question for the loreheads: the article describes Azyr as "hanging between the realms". Why is that? What makes Azyr special? Is it the because it holds the core of the World-That-Was? Is Azyr the functional sun of the other realms? Or is the whole thing meant more as a metaphor (the home of Order keeping an eye on the rest of the universe).

Idon't know why, but the functional sun is Hysh rather than Azyr.

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

So here's a general question, probably more for it's own thread, but with each GW store being assigned a new named city to found/destroy as part of the upcoming campaign leading up to 4th ed, is there any interest in cataloguing those? Or would people be too concerned about giving out details of where they live?

I would be interested in knowing those details! Also, it would be fun if the names were created with the old dice approach to creating your own city:

Make your own Free City the easy way! - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

it'd be an interesting project, a lot of stores have facebook pages and checking my local store they have the name of the city on there. You could probably get a lot that way, I reckon you'd feel a bit gutted if they just release a list of them all with the result at the end though

Have they started promoting this new event or something? I didn't see anything so far.

3 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I love the Sacrosanct aesthetic of warrior wizards with the cloaks etc  but much much prefer the new proportions. Maybe it's just hopium but I reallly hope some of the Sacrosanct units get updated to the Thunderstrike armour too like this guy and character in Dominion. If they're not updated with the (assumably) wave of SCE with their Battletome, I think I should be able to convert the look I want. Vigilors with some kitbashed staffs could be great Evocators! 😄

I'm certain they'll update Sacrosanct. One thing at a time though. Think this edition will just be the early stuff. New Sacrosanct in 5.0.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Idon't know why, but the functional sun is Hysh rather than Azyr.

Well the Light realm having cycles with the Shadow realm makes sense for the nights-and-days rythm. 

Azyr is the stary night sky realms (see evey artwork and video of it). HvERIwXdzT0lVwB9.jpeg.3e32dba969b4d8f8bff057a4ae8c293f.jpeg

img_7214.jpeg.8e9d66d747abae5c329bd8d77611ed60.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Have they started promoting this new event or something? I didn't see anything so far.

The event starts on the 6th April so I guess we'll see stores start promoting it over the next week or so ready for it. You sign up as either a protector or destroyer of the city (regardless of faction) and then have a score sheet to complete to earn points. If you get 18 points that you get a success for your side and a Coin Malleus.

Points are for:
Paint a full Vanguard or Spearhead box (6 points)

Paint a leader/hero (1 point) x2

Paint a battleline unit (1 point) x2

Paint a behemoth (1 point)

Paint an artillery unit (1 point)

Paint any unit (1 point) x4

Play a Path to Glory game (1 point) x4

Play any game of Age of Sigmar (1 point) x4

Complete a Path to Glory Quest (2 points)

And then there's bonus points for introducing a new player to the game

• Like 1

On the topic of 5th edition speculation (if you tell me it's too early, then I'll be forced to share my thoughts on rules-changes coming in 6th edition), I actually think 5th will be order "focused".  
1st: A lot of people see this as the "chaos edition" since it was Khorne vs SCE.  However, the real "victors" of 1st edition were the forces of order, not chaos.  Chaos already held almost the entirety of the realms before Sigmar's Tempest and the founding of the Cities of Sigmar was the great triumph of order in 1st edition.  In my mind, 1st edition is actually an "order edition" that happened to have a chaos opponent.  Notably this edition also included the release of KO, IDK, Syvaneth, Fyreslayers all with substantial new model waves. Chaos did also get major Khorne and Tzeetch waves, but Destruction only got IJ and Death got mostly nothing if memory serves (they got a couple tomes, but no model waves).
2nd: Obviously the "death edition".  You had 3 new waves of death models and Nighthaunt, OBR and Soulblight all either were or felt like new armies.  Sure, you had your Lumineth, your SoB, GSG, CoS, but Death got a lot.  Death made lots of gain narratively bringing themselves into relevance.
3rd: A decent "destruction edition".  Never really got narrative focus, but you got quite a few things for GSG (like 4 kits), SoB (2 new builds which for them is a lot I guess lol), 1 "new faction" KB, a refresh plus expansion to IJ.  Only Ogors missed the invite to the party, but even then they got a hero and a unit (gorgers) and a new terrain piece, so not nothing. Oh and a large displaced centigor.  Arguably this edition was not too focused on destruction though as much as 2nd felt like it was for death. Most notably, destruction didn't really feel like it had a big "win" this edition.  At least not to me.
4th: Apparently the "chaos edition".  Skaven making a big impact certainly is a way to set the edition off in that direction.  If rumors are to be believed (and they are because Whitefang is awesome) then Chorfs are on the way this edition as well.  I suppose if BoC actually do get removed at some point, then that could put a damper on the chaos edition, but I'd imagine that narratively Chaos will make significant gains this edition.

Thus, my theory is that 5th will see order making the narrative "gains" into 5th again.  Does that mean an order v order launch box?  Maybe?  I actually would love to see SCE/CoS vs Malerion, but that's probably a pipedream.  I could see order stabilizing a bunch after whatever setbacks they suffer in 4th.  I do think it will feel like an order edition at least in a narrative sense.  Easy to see how Kurnothi/Malerion/Lumineth-Temples/Grungni-dwarves/Gholemkind/others could all swoop in during that 2027-2030 timeframe to really make it feel like an order edition though.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, EonChao said:

The event starts on the 6th April so I guess we'll see stores start promoting it over the next week or so ready for it. You sign up as either a protector or destroyer of the city (regardless of faction) and then have a score sheet to complete to earn points. If you get 18 points that you get a success for your side and a Coin Malleus.

Points are for:

Argh. I thought it was a one-time thing to get the coin... I don't think I would be able to get the Malleus then :(

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Argh. I thought it was a one-time thing to get the coin... I don't think I would be able to get the Malleus then :(

I mean obviously it depends on your own work load but you have 3 months to do enough of those things to earn the coin for what it's worth. I'm using it as an excuse to work through my Daughters of Khaine in my pile of unmade stuff rather than buying much too.

7 minutes ago, willange said:

On the topic of 5th edition speculation (if you tell me it's too early, then I'll be forced to share my thoughts on rules-changes coming in 6th edition), I actually think 5th will be order "focused".  
1st: A lot of people see this as the "chaos edition" since it was Khorne vs SCE.  However, the real "victors" of 1st edition were the forces of order, not chaos.  Chaos already held almost the entirety of the realms before Sigmar's Tempest and the founding of the Cities of Sigmar was the great triumph of order in 1st edition.  In my mind, 1st edition is actually an "order edition" that happened to have a chaos opponent.  Notably this edition also included the release of KO, IDK, Syvaneth, Fyreslayers all with substantial new model waves. Chaos did also get major Khorne and Tzeetch waves, but Destruction only got IJ and Death got mostly nothing if memory serves (they got a couple tomes, but no model waves).
2nd: Obviously the "death edition".  You had 3 new waves of death models and Nighthaunt, OBR and Soulblight all either were or felt like new armies.  Sure, you had your Lumineth, your SoB, GSG, CoS, but Death got a lot.  Death made lots of gain narratively bringing themselves into relevance.
3rd: A decent "destruction edition".  Never really got narrative focus, but you got quite a few things for GSG (like 4 kits), SoB (2 new builds which for them is a lot I guess lol), 1 "new faction" KB, a refresh plus expansion to IJ.  Only Ogors missed the invite to the party, but even then they got a hero and a unit (gorgers) and a new terrain piece, so not nothing. Oh and a large displaced centigor.  Arguably this edition was not too focused on destruction though as much as 2nd felt like it was for death. Most notably, destruction didn't really feel like it had a big "win" this edition.  At least not to me.
4th: Apparently the "chaos edition".  Skaven making a big impact certainly is a way to set the edition off in that direction.  If rumors are to be believed (and they are because Whitefang is awesome) then Chorfs are on the way this edition as well.  I suppose if BoC actually do get removed at some point, then that could put a damper on the chaos edition, but I'd imagine that narratively Chaos will make significant gains this edition.

Thus, my theory is that 5th will see order making the narrative "gains" into 5th again.  Does that mean an order v order launch box?  Maybe?  I actually would love to see SCE/CoS vs Malerion, but that's probably a pipedream.  I could see order stabilizing a bunch after whatever setbacks they suffer in 4th.  I do think it will feel like an order edition at least in a narrative sense.  Easy to see how Kurnothi/Malerion/Lumineth-Temples/Grungni-dwarves/Gholemkind/others could all swoop in during that 2027-2030 timeframe to really make it feel like an order edition though.

Seeing it that way it makes a lot of sense, actually. Especially knowing we are expecting Malerion.

On 3/26/2024 at 10:50 AM, TrawlingCleaner said:

Sacrosanct might get a hero or two as wardens of the Ruination chamber?

Spoiler

We also know Astreia (model hero) died to Ushoran, which kind of screamed "we're thunderstriking her" to me. only problem is she's in the Hammers chamber not Hallowed Knights and I'm not sure the precedent on switching chambers?

On 3/26/2024 at 11:08 AM, Luperci said:

we gotta keep in mind that #AOSreforged means the team is trying to solidify/clarify the lore so new people can be onboarded better. Expect them to address the common complaints that "prevent" other Warhammer fans especially from jumping into AOS.

i'm...tentatively curious about this. it would also explain why "SIGMAR LIED" was something we already knew about Stormcast.

Edited by CommissarRotke

1 minute ago, EonChao said:

I mean obviously it depends on your own work load but you have 3 months to do enough of those things to earn the coin for what it's worth. I'm using it as an excuse to work through my Daughters of Khaine in my pile of unmade stuff rather than buying much too.

I had only one chance to go to the store, so I envision it as at least having to go twice in that period. And on the painting side... during the last 3 months I basically put out of the sprue, mounted and did some green stuff touches to some scenery. And I didn't prime it all yet xD It is not like I have too much time. I was hoping it was something like I go to the store, they teach me how to play, I play a game and I get the coin.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I had only one chance to go to the store, so I envision it as at least having to go twice in that period. And on the painting side... during the last 3 months I basically put out of the sprue, mounted and did some green stuff touches to some scenery. And I didn't prime it all yet xD It is not like I have too much time. I was hoping it was something like I go to the store, they teach me how to play, I play a game and I get the coin.

Very fair, I figure if I can get most of the painting done over the next month or two then I only need to play one or two games in store to do the rest but it's obviously geared up towards those who spend a lot of time on the hobby. Hopefully there's plenty of spare coins going around that you can get later on

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

team is trying to solidify/clarify the lore

I was of the impression it was also the goal of 3rd edition.

I.e. The Realms are very much in thralls of Chaos (a post-Apoc setting), Thunderstrike is a Stormcast reboot (design-wise), we got basic humans archetypes in drove (Warcry, CoS, Darkoath), and the Dawnbringers are in a way a re-installement of Season Of War : Seeds of Hope and Firestorm (Order crusades founding new Cities) from 1st edition. 

The only difference was the Ghurish & Desctrucions focus which wasn't that strong compared to Death in 2nd ed.

Personally I love the direction AOS and the Narrative is going. 

I could definitely see Chaos Duardin, Skaven and Ogors being the big releases for this Edition.

Alongside Wave 2s for Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Ossiarch, Kruelboyz, Kharadron and Cities.

Wave 3 for Lumineth as well.

Theres plenty of space and time for all that to happen.

Malerion? I think he'll be the big bad in 5.0 with his Aelves joining DOK.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Points are for:

😕 I hoped for an actual campaign. It’s just warhammer heroes or what it’s called.

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

oh they FINALLY brought the site back up to par with 2e!!! there was not the same level of Realms info through most of 3e... this is fantastic work by the web team!!!

1 hour ago, CDM said:

After watching the new edition trailer again and seeing the final shot I would love a new mordheim game. This time set in either an almost defeated rat city or dawnbringer city (or both). I love warcry but something with a stronger RPG element would be great.

i'm expecting this tbh, AOS deserves its own Mordheim if Ulfenkarn isn't going to be it! the last shot of the 4e trailer also felt like a co-op action rpg shot. Space Marine 2 is 3 player co-op for example...

13 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I was of the impression it was also the goal of 3rd edition.

I.e. The Realms are very much in thralls of Chaos (a post-Apoc setting), Thunderstrike is a Stormcast reboot (design-wise), we got basic humans archetypes in drove (Warcry, CoS, Darkoath), and the Dawnbringers are in a way a re-installement of Season Of War : Seeds of Hope and Firestorm (Order crusades founding new Cities) from 1st edition. 

so was i, and yet :/

we did get quite the eventful 3e, but Phil Kelly in his interviews once again said they want the realms to feel like "they're 9/10ths Chaos". which to me means that the only places Order/Death/Destro really exist in are the parts of the Realms that have maps.

we can only hope the store-run Cities campaign lets more get founded.

• Like 2