The Rumour Thread

That cities warband is somehow stupider than the lumineth cow helms. What do you mean he's riding into battle on his sons shoulders? Are you implying his entire body is in that tiny space? Is he a bottomless torso? Is he undead? He's not a grail reliquae cause he's holding things.

Edit: I see now he's sitting with his crotch behind his sons head and the straight on angle just made it look like he had no body. It's still a really stupid (and ugly) design choice with no explanation as to why he would ride into battle on his son and the rest of the "electroshock therapy" zealots are doofy looking in the worst way.

The ghouls are meh. I've already forgotten what they look like.

Cool ossiarch centaur. Everything else is meh and the sylvaneth are so hyper specific to the gnarlwood while also being a uselessly mixed unit as far as AoS is concerned. Like they wanted to make a whole army of "twistwood" or whatever so instead they just made a sample of every unit?

ToW dwarves look really cool. I don't play them but neat.

"Totally not Valkia" looks awesome but agree that it's a missed opportunity if it isn't a multi build.

40k is yawn and the killteam I literally don't even know if those are reused genestealers or they're just that bland.

I wish they would have had the guts to call book 6 the beasts of chaos instead while also writing us out of the game.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

Aqshy and ghyran again is pretty lame, especially since it's the great parch again, it's not even some new corner of aqshy we haven't seen before, makes the realms feel very small. Also all the talk about streamlining is setting off alarm bells, given that's what they said about 40k 10th and I really don't like a lot of the changes there.

Edit: also the ruination chamber veterans we saw in the animation feel pretty generic? Not sure what visually sets them apart from the other stormcast, I was expecting more skulls or cracked armour maybe

Edited by Luperci
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, Matrindur said:

Everyone (except the three already revealed ones) still has the same sets here so maybe the others won't be replaced?

Gcfgfdfgfvdjg s

I suppose they'll just be reboxed upon edition launch then? I'm not overly keen on the gamemode tbh, removing army construction doesn't appeal to me, especially if you're then forced to use units like warlocks for DoK that aren't the newest kits

42 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I like the The Brethren Of The Bolt.

Trying to ignore it but damn, Twitch chat is unbearable, toxic sludge. What a bunch of horrific, entitled, rude, scum-bags. Yuck. 

100%, i had to mute it. Disgusting behaviour

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Everyone (except the three already revealed ones) still has the same sets here so maybe the others won't be replaced?

Gcfgfdfgfvdjg s

If they do it like they're handling Combat Patrol in 40k, all the current boxes will get rules to start with and get a new box with their codex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As expected the game will steal a lot from 40k 10ed............. which is funny since 10ed stole a lot from AoS lol.

• Sticking all heroes 3 inches instead of putting them into the units should be interesting.
  • Seems like the spell phase will also be spread out just like everyone other game as well. Sounds like it will go 40k with everything having 1 special rule.
  • Going with the mission deck approach which I think is a huge upgrade.
  • Small combat patrol games which is nice way to teach people how to play
  • Complete rework just like 40k. Prepared for crazy imbalance lol!
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

As expected the game will steal a lot from 40k 10ed............. which is funny since 10ed stole a lot from AoS lol.

• Sticking all heroes 3 inches instead of putting them into the units should be interesting.
  • Seems like the spell phase will also be spread out just like everyone other game as well. Sounds like it will go 40k with everything having 1 special rule.

I wonder which faction will get an absurd amount of dice manipulation this time lmao, I'm glad they didn't mention the incorporating of 40k leader mechanics though, really not a fan of that in current 40k

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sealven said:

If they do it like they're handling Combat Patrol in 40k, all the current boxes will get rules to start with and get a new box with their codex.

It’ll be interesting to see if the spearhead idea will be better received then the combat patrol game system currently is

3 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

The article does mention that the indexes include Spell Lores so at least we have that over 40k. 

• Like 1

I don't loathe the Abraxia model, but it bothers me slightly that Chaos is becoming increasingly... un-chaotic. It's all becoming a bit samey. All wearing similar armour, all got horns, etc. And the mount is a bit generic, isn't it? Could easily pass as a Kruleboys or Serpahon monster without many changes. 

Maybe it's just me who likes the bizarre side of Chaos... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1