The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Beast fans when they find out they are now part of Slaves to darkness

Beastmen disappointment Meme Generator - Imgflip

Even so: zero problems, I have both.
The only thing they are very late of doing is refresh "World War II's old models". 

BUT...if the new narrative brings back a guy named Morghur...well, will be appreciated :)

1 minute ago, Dindi said:

SCE, like Space Marines in 40k, are the face of the game and get a significant portion of the release cycle weighted towards them.

Whilst be definition a lot of people like them, i think it's understandable why there's groups of players who don't like them as they have to wait a long time for their chosen faction to get any love. 

they get more releases than necessary for sure, but I don't hate them as much as space marines, mainly because the SCE fanbase doesn't constantly tell me how great the SCE are and how much every other faction in the game sucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I think Chaos Dwarfs are coming soon. Lost Kingdom miniatures received a letter from GW to remove their Magmhorin dwarfs. Especially the Lamussa,Taurus and bul-thaurs. It's a shame 😞, these have been on their store for years and now GW is coming after them.

il_680x540.3117571200_tsdx.jpg

They are coming!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Glutos said:

how do you guys feel the availability ill be with the new box set?

leviathan is sold out everywhere but I can still find dominion copies

Leviathan is not sold out everywhere. Element games have at least 10 copies in stock. That said I expect them to make fewer copies of the new box than they did of Dominion. It will probably sell out faster but hopefully not in launch week. 

The box is going to sell more than dominion, but less than leviathan, and we still have leviathans to buy out there, so unless they make a very small print, the boxes will de available for months.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glutos said:

ah man I'm so excited for tomorow!

I have only dabbled in underworlds and am hoping to make myintroduction into AoS with 4th edition.

All I want is for the box to be cool enough to tempt me (or else for a great spearhead to do so)

do you guys know if there's an introduction pamphlet for the game inside the box, scenarios like in the get started kits?

how did they do it in leviathan, was it starter friendly?

HYPE!

All the boxes get little start here pamphlets. It is usually the same one all the time.

8 minutes ago, Glutos said:

how do you guys feel the availability ill be with the new box set?

leviathan is sold out everywhere but I can still find dominion copies

I think the box would sell better than the Dominion one, but we would have enough copies. Just, as most of the start edition exclusive boxes, if you want it, better be ready to get them soon. You never know how long they will last.

Plus keep in mind Dominion was over-produced due to forecasting from Indomitus' success (and therefore goof up due to it's supply issues). So copies of Dominion lingered for some time (to the point they were being severely discounted by retailers).
I think they will be more on the money this time with production (especially with it's impact on their backlog currently, more thought will hopefully go into quantity forecasting).

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

2 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Plus keep in mind Dominion was over-produced due to forecasting from Indomitus' success (and therefore goof up due to it's supply issues). So copies of Dominion lingered for some time (to the point they were being severely discounted by retailers).
I think they will be more on the money this time with production (especially with it's impact on their backlog currently, more thought will hopefully go into quantity forecasting).

Talking about Dominion and its overproduction. GW themselves put it for sale with a big discount on their site. Do you expect something like this to happen before 4th edition? Or mainly all the copies out there are from 3rd party stores?

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about Dominion and its overproduction. GW themselves put it for sale with a big discount on their site. Do you expect something like this to happen before 4th edition? Or mainly all the copies out there are from 3rd party stores?

Great question... not in GW's usual MO to offer clearance pricing except for extreme circumstances (death of WHFB, MESB IP refresh, Domion overproduction) unless I am forgetting something? So probably not..? Retailers though, possibly. My old FLGS did with Soul Wars before 3rd.

33 minutes ago, Luperci said:

A lot of people like SCE, I feel like the haters are a very vocal minority, especially post 3rd ed where they redesigned the general aesthetic

I consider myself Stormcast hater.

It's never been the design of models or story behind them. It was always because of GW's policy of prioritizing them over any other faction. At one point Stormcasts alone had more minis than the whole Death Alliance!

The funny part is that Stormcast brought me into this hobby in the first place. I still have my Stormcast models from the very first starter set (vs. Bloodbound). These were the first models I've ever painted and have strong sentiment for them.

But I never wanted SCE to become fantasy versions of Space Marines. Having each year new releases of another Chapter is just incredibly boring. Literally spamming the hobby with yet another identical squad or Lieutenant.

Singapore Warhound spoilers give some hope that this time Stormcast design will be more original. Even I feel LITTLE excitement for them (like 5x smaller than for Skaven but it's still something).

For future releases it would be great if another chapters really stood out from each other. Like Ironjawz differ from Kruleboyz.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 1

Dominion is so funny.  people were begging in the streets for boxes to be overproduced following Indominus so they would be able to actually buy them and get some later down the line at a reduced price, and when that exact thing happens the next three years are full of non-stop complaining about it and how there being a lot of a box means the game is actually dead.

in what way is Dominion any concern for us at a consumer level?  GW certainly didn't lose money on it so there's no problem there and there's a ton of models for us to enjoy at a cheap price.  wasn't Island of Blood and Battle for Skull Pass infamous for sitting on store shelves for years to come, and aren't they generally considered some of the greatest boxsets in Warhammer history?  why do we care so much about a box of miniatures not selling out so we can't buy it?  isn't that a good thing?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Destruction is open to more beasts if Chaos doesnt want theirs anymore. BoC together with Drogrukh into a new Destruction army? Yes, please! Add Dragon Ogors and we are good to go. Thanks GW! #willneverhappen

I'll happily take BoC in StD, I think they'll fit right in with Darkoath 😁

I do wonder if BoC are rolled into StD, how likely is it that they'll get their own army book after that? It would seem a bit weird to roll them into another index, then update the models and also split them back out into their own army. Unless the army refresh is a long way out?

1 minute ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I'll happily take BoC in StD, I think they'll fit right in with Darkoath 😁

I do wonder if BoC are rolled into StD, how likely is it that they'll get their own army book after that? It would seem a bit weird to roll them into another index, then update the models and also split them back out into their own army. Unless the army refresh is a long way out?

Wouldn't surprise me if something like that happens. I am expecting IJ and KB to have their own times in the 4th edition.

• Like 2