The Rumour Thread

My turn for early AoS 4.0:

• Kharadron Overlords.
    • Medical hero (can be attached to units).
    • Arkanaut Captain (cheap admiral with less punch and utility, but can use any ship's maneuver like Admirals)
    • Generic Lord Magnate hero (full customizable kit and rules).
    • Copperhats unit with 2 loadouts: Aether-club and shield and double aether-knuckles.
    • Khrundhal-class Battleship: Giant ship for games of 3k+ points. 
    • Terrain set:
      • Zonbeks: Flying lighthouse (no need to be big) with small aether-weapons.
      • Zunfar tower: Mid-size house with aether-cannons and swivel-guns.
    • Chartered Companies (thematic mini-armies with their own synergies) 
      • Grundcorps units: Grundstock marshal (hero), Black Marines (sprue upgrade for Grundstock thunderes, anti-magic unit).
      • Zonbacorps (pending name): Zonbacorp Sergeant (hero), Weapon-team (heavy drill), Weapon-team (heavy volley-gun), weapon-team (sky cannon), weapon-team (heavy sky-hook).
      • Skyhunters Corps (pending name): Skyhunter Captain (hero), Skyhunter Rangers (skypikes and long-range aether-riffles), Skyhunter Trackers (Skywardens with long-range aether-riffles and traps instead of mines), Skyhunter Balinger (anti-montser small ship).
      • Metalith Miners (pending name): High Prospector (hero), Metalith Miners (unit with bombs and aether-picks, they can destroy terrain), Mole-man (elite unit with aether- exoskeletons and hand-drills), Sky-trawlers (small ship that shoots small-range AoE gas).

Not sure if it would be enough, but it seems a good start to me.

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

And you know what? I’d be fine with that.

Just make sure it’s varied with the defensive bits and an explanation like that trapped energy in the Gnarlwoods finally exploded covering the realms in hungry meat trees.

Because although Ruin is a big theme I think after three editions of Ruins terrain we’ll take anything but that! 😅

2016-2017

99120299048-aosazyriteruins08.jpg

DesolatedTownship04_1024x1024.jpg?v=1544

81X6glz60QL.jpg

Think about it... You cannot have an edition themed around Ruin without a proper set of RUINS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cdance93 said:

I'm not sure we'll ever get a Zenith temple tbh - Its supposed to be 'rare' , would be cool to see what these "strange" aelementari would be. Also happy you said just Tyrion :D , I always see people saying "Tyrion's wave of releases" and think... guys thats the vanari - they're already here.

While it is true that Tyrion's army could be the Vanari, there are other specific units that I have no doubt we would see released with him. A new Phoenix Guard is almost guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

While it is true that Tyrion's army could be the Vanari, there are other specific units that I have no doubt we would see released with him. A new Phoenix Guard is almost guaranteed.

The Battletome also mentions Vannari Scouts and Chariots so they have yet to come. 

I'd imgaine Tyrion would come with the chariot and scouts, something else, Zenith Temple and probaly a big monster (hopefully a dragon)

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

My turn for early AoS 4.0:

• Kharadron Overlords.
    • Medical hero (can be attached to units).
    • Arkanaut Captain (cheap admiral with less punch and utility, but can use any ship's maneuver like Admirals)
    • Generic Lord Magnate hero (full customizable kit and rules).
    • Copperhats unit with 2 loadouts: Aether-club and shield and double aether-knuckles.
    • Khrundhal-class Battleship: Giant ship for games of more than 3k+ points. 
    • Terrain set:
      • Zonbeks: Flying lighthouse (no need to be big) with small aether-weapons.
      • Zunfar tower: Mid-size house with aether-cannons and swivel-guns.
    • Chartered Companies (thematic mini-armies with their own synergies) 
      • Grundcorps units: Grundstock marshal (hero), Black Marines (sprue upgrade for Grundstock thunderes, anti-magic unit).
      • Zonbacorps (pending name): Zonbacorp Sergeant (hero), Weapon-team (heavy drill), Weapon-team (heavy volley-gun), weapon-team (sky cannon), weapon-team (heavy sky-hook).
      • Skyhunters Corps (pending name): Skyhunter Captain (hero), Skyhunter Rangers (skypikes and long-range aether-riffles), Skyhunter Trackers (Skywardens with long-range aether-riffles and traps instead of mines), Skyhunter Balinger (anti-montser small ship).
      • Metalith Miners (pending name): High Prospector (hero), Metalith Miners (unit with bombs and aether-picks, can destroy terrain), Mole-man (elite peopler with aether- exoskeletons and drills), Sky-trawlers (small ship that shoots small-range AoE gas).

Not sure if it would be enough, but it seems a good start to me.

Where are the rest of the factions? :P Are you expecting an Era of the Kharadrons? 😅

2 minutes ago, AquaRegis said:

The Battletome also mentions Vannari Scouts and Chariots so they have yet to come. 

I'd imgaine Tyrion would come with the chariot and scouts, something else, Zenith Temple and probaly a big monster (hopefully a dragon)

I missed these mentions! where in the tome? 

My time for AoS 4 predictions. I am going to split it by years as I think the outcome would be more realistic for the guesses.

2024:

- New ed box. SCE vs Rats.
- Indexes.
- Starter sets including new terrain. Walls for the Dawners.
- Some time after the launch box a follow-up wave for both SCE and Rats.
- Also a new narrative book similar to the Crusade Tyranic War.
- We close the year with Nighthaunt BT and a new mini for them.

2025:

- We start big with the plot about Khul finally ascending and a mid-size wave for Blades of Khorne. New BT.
- Another Crusade-like book covering the above.
- Slaves to Darkness. BT and one mini.
- Soulblight Gravelords. BT and one mini.
- Beasts of Chaos renewal/ removal. BT and mid-size release. Similar size to the Kroots if replaced.
- VS boxes starting here. Sylvaneth vs Flesh-Eater Courts. A new mini and new unit as much.
- BT following the dual box.
- Sons of Behemat BT. No new mini.
- Fyreslayers BT and mid-size release.
- VS box. Kruleboyz vs Ossiarch Bonereapers. One hero and one unit.
- BTs following the box.
- Another Crusade-like book. Two per year seems something feasible. This time it would introduce Chorfs.
- Yes. Chorfs.

2026:

- Mid-size wave and BT for Cities of Sigmar as a response (narratively) to Chorfs.
- Gloomspite Gitz BT and a new hero + a new unit.
- The next Crusade-like book.
- Idoneth Deepkin BT and mid-size release.
- VS box. Seraphon vs Ironjawz. One hero and one unit.
- Follow up BTs for the above. Bonesplitterz finally disappearing.
- Kharadron Overlords BT and a small-size release.
- VS box. Lumineth Realm-lords vs Hedonites of Slaanesh. One hero and one unit.
- BTs for the above.
- The next Crusade-like book.
- Sylvaneth of Khaine BT and a small-size release.
- Ogor Mawtribes. BT and mid-size release.
- Daughters of Khaine BT and a mid-size release.
- Edition closing campaign starting.
- Maggotkin of Nurgle. BT and a hero.

2027:

- Edition closing campaign follow-up.
- Disciples of Tzeentch. BT and a hero
- Edition closing campaign follow-up.
- Malerion and Tyrion.

- 5th edition.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Danaork said:

What are we waiting for Age of Sigmar future ?

refresh :

Dispossessed

Wave 2 :

Fyreslayers

Kharadrons

Sylvaneth

Not sure we will see a refresh of the Dispossessed, they might leave them to ToW for now - Second waves for Fyreslayers and Kharadron plus a new Chaos Dwarf force would take up a lot of dwarf releases. Unless they use the 4th ed refresh to combine the Duardin factions and release something for each of them under one tome. I guess we might see when the index  are released...

More kurnothi would be nice but I'll not hold my breath and I also want to see what the Warcry war band will look like. 

I've got a nasty feeling that Chaos God-aligned soups, as least ones using the Coalition system, will be disappearing with this new edition. It's pretty clear that these new Darkoath chappies aren't going to be answerable to an individual Chaos God, and the Beasts are are likely to either be going bye-byes or getting turned into something completely different. 

A pity. I've got lots of Slaves and Beasts customised and painted up in Slaanesh livery! 

• Sad 1

Going to make a prediction as a long-time lurker that Ossiarchs won't be facing Kurnothi in Warcry. The lack of WF likes on Kurnothi posts is telling.

If it's Sylvaneth I'd prefer something weird like Gnarloak/meat tree Sylvaneth and to save the Kurnothi for a proper range expansion.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kromek said:

Going to make a prediction as a long-time lurker that Ossiarchs won't be facing Kurnothi in Warcry. The lack of WF likes on Kurnothi posts is telling.

If it's Sylvaneth I'd prefer something weird like Gnarloak/meat tree Sylvaneth and to save the Kurnothi for a proper range expansion.

Yeah. I want it to be Kurnothi but it's probably regular Sylvaneth. On the other hand even members of the studio don't know everything. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Well, the adepticon reveals leak sounds legit. I guess there'll be another preview around may-end of spring if the SoB and GSC hqs wont be revealed yet

Sorry, but must have missed the leak. Which one are you referring to specifically?

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

TOW O&G prices in EUR:

1.jpg.0f5647e87a97649b1a043e91eb73bb57.jpg

Interesting how the Big Box went down from 206/230 € (Bret/TK) to 130 €.

The Bret and Tomb King boxes have more stuff in including the rulebook so it's not surprising. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

TOW O&G prices in EUR:

1.jpg.0f5647e87a97649b1a043e91eb73bb57.jpg

Interesting how the Big Box went down from 206/230 € (Bret/TK) to 130 €.

It doesn't include the rules, templates, dice and, compared to the Bret/TK boxes, I'd also say it contains less plastic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

Sorry, but must have missed the leak. Which one are you referring to specifically?

Oh, I thought u guys already commented It. Here we go:

Adepticon reveals:

AOS

>Abraxia lady of ruin

>Ascended Khul

>The cinematic trailer for 4edition

Underworld

>Nurgle demons vs Nighthaunt alchemist

Warcry

>Kurnothi wardancers vs Bonereaper Monsters

TOW

>Dwarfs Thane with shieldbearer (Bonesplitterz survive another day)

>Chaos lord terminator & chaos lord with jumpack & box

KT

>Votann pioneers vs Brood brothers (with new cadian look)

Necromunda

>Trailer teaser of Necromunda secundus

Horus Heresy

>Mechanicus knights

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

Adepticon reveals:

AOS

>Abraxia lady of ruin

>Ascended Khul

Underworld

Warcry

TOW

KT

Necromunda

Horus Heresy

>Mechanicus knights

It got a confused reaction from Whitefang. Maybe because Khul ascending.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Fyreslayers BT and ENORMOUSsize release.

Kharadron Overlords BT and a ENORMOUS-size release.

Fixe'd.

Btw, anyone remember that Grungni is still there doing duardin things? I mean, he was the one that helped in the SCE reforging (yes, Sigmar Lied, what do you expect from an umgi god), forged the thunderstrike armour (even metal beards!), slap'd Be'lakor face at the end of Broken Realms and reforged Grombrindal (that's how you reforge!). And we don't even start with Gholemkin, the Kazalid Empire and CHORFS!

End your Bugman's pint, take your axe and prepare for the AGE OF DUARDINS!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4

The baron I_oyd rumors are weird, since basically everything in it is stuff people already expected or previous leaks/rumors had implied, and if you go back and check the time stamps it was posted on this forum by a newly made account like twelve hours after it got posted on 4chan. It lines up with everything enough-ish that it’s not hard to believe, it’s just weird

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Fixe'd.

Btw, anyone remember that Grungni is still there doing duardin things? I mean, he was the one that helped in the reforging (yes, Sigmar Lied, what do you expect from an umgi god), forged the thunderstrike armour (even metal-beards!), slap'd Be'lakor face at the end of Broken Realms and re-forged Grombrindal (that's how you re-forge umgi). And we don't even start with Gholemkin, the Kazalid Empire and CHORFS!

End your Bugman's pint, take your axe and prepare for the AGE OF DUARDINS!

I've tried to be as realistic as possible. Also, I am starting to doubt if we will ever have more VS boxes, so I was wondering if I should include them or not. It feels weird that 40k didn't have a VS box yet. Maybe they changed it and instead we have BT + big faction box and Crusade books.

Checking the times, Fury of the Deep was released in January 2022, so following that pattern 40k should have already had a VS box. Maybe Adepticon clears my doubts around this, but it is not a crazy scenario for me if the VS boxes just disappear. I think a big box of one faction would sell better than a VS box.

23 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Adepticon reveals:

AOS

>Abraxia lady of ruin

>Ascended Khul

Underworld

Warcry

TOW

KT

Necromunda

Horus Heresy

>Mechanicus knights

Isn't this a list speculated by a member here? 

I saw someone screenshot it and post on fb and now it seems to be taken as gospel. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Isn't this a list speculated by a member here? 

I saw someone screenshot it and post on fb and now it seems to be taken as gospel. 

Yes, it is, but as it has been mentioned above, originally from 4chan.