The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think it will be big as Leviathan too : so roughly 25 Stormcast and 47 Skaven !

Reveal hidden contents

WFwIeQkRxiaIHWd4.jpg

I really hope Stormcast contain at least a ruination chamber unit and not "just boring" refresh of liberators/retributors/prosecutors in thunderstrike armour.

Sigmar lied ! 💀

Reveal hidden contents

99120218078_QuestorSoulswornWarband1.jpg

I think we would have more Stormcast than 25. They don't have that many elite units that go on pulls of 5, do they?

Spoiler

DomPreview May29 BoxContents

If we go bigger in investment, as has been rumoured, I would say we can see 2 different units of 10 from the Stormcast side.

Honestly I think GW would know that this box would sell better than Dominion because unlike Kruleboyz, who were a new concept and kind of a weird direction for Orruks so they didn't really know how well they'd sell, Skaven are extremely popular, are probably one of the few non-40k things people know about Warhammer thanks to both online memes and games like TWW II and Vermintide, and also there will be people wanting Skaven for ToW to consider. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly I think GW would know that this box would sell better than Dominion because unlike Kruleboyz, who were a new concept and kind of a weird direction for Orruks so they didn't really know how well they'd sell, Skaven are extremely popular, are probably one of the few non-40k things people know about Warhammer thanks to both online memes and games like TWW II and Vermintide, and also there will be people wanting Skaven for ToW to consider. 

I wouldn't thought that Skaven were so popular, but if they are, I just hope GW can meet the expectations considering all their production issues.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I think the Kruleboyz are amazing models. I love the look of them. However, I HATE the ones from the Dominion/Starter sets as they seem to be quite fiddly to assemble (might be my age).

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I wouldn't thought that Skaven were so popular, but if they are, I just hope GW can meet the expectations considering all their production issues.

100%

GW need to sort out the production issues and hopefully they are on their way to doing that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, because Im closely related with the skavendom, and let me tell you, if GW delivers on adepticon launch day is going to be CRAZY

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 9:41 AM, Deakz28 said:

Yea I think a Slaanesh alignment is the only chaos faction not yet done, and then there’s some order a single or couple of destruction left (I can only think of Gloomspite so far and now with ossiarchs I think that’s death finished 

although I feel there was a whitefang rumour about Morai-Heg warband but that may have been misinterpreted from the Krethusa release

I thought they missed the boat with a ragged FEC templar warband vs slaaneshi hassasins,

But would be cool if its an OBR Nagashi templar warband who basically function as the order of azry but for death vs slaaneshi hassassins.

Will get my assasin creed warband lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Skaven was one of the top sellers during Fantasy era and they are still selling really well as Seraphon was selling even with that old bunch of kits

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Dude Vermintide might as well be a giant advertisement for Skaven models that was bought by over two million people. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Not seen anything really but if I really hope the characters being able to join units rumour/wishlist is real!

True but I hope that heroes will still feel impactful, unlike most characters in 40k rn

Edit: I didn't realise that the post was that many pages ago,,,

Edited by pitzok
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I think we would have more Stormcast than 25. They don't have that many elite units that go on pulls of 5, do they?

Hide contents

DomPreview May29 BoxContents

If we go bigger in investment, as has been rumoured, I would say we can see 2 different units of 10 from the Stormcast side.

I hope this time they take inspiration from the cyclical success of the 40k boxes. No cards, no special characters and lots of variety, in both factions.

But above all: BIG MODELS!

ps: I think we'll see "the stormcast death company" in the ruination chamber, I have this feeling.

Edited by Holy_Diver

Btw, what about the box being called 'Ruination'? It is strong, it is linked to one of the factions in a similar way to Leviathan referring to that side of the Nids, it is short and easy to memorise, and it is kind of intriguing if you think about what it could be about.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, what about the box being called 'Ruination' it is strong, it is linked to one of the factions in a similar way to Leviathan referring to that side of the Nids. It is short and easy to memorise and it is kind of intriguing if you think about what it could be about.

I'd like that, but I can see GW doing something completely different as well. So far the AoS box names since 2.0 have been bangers. Soul Wars and Dominion were both great, and even the army v army boxed sets like Fury of the Deep are really cool.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, what about the box being called 'Ruination'? It is strong, it is linked to one of the factions in a similar way to Leviathan referring to that side of the Nids, it is short and easy to memorise, and it is kind of intriguing if you think about what it could be about.

Can see it 100%, yeap

Btw, if SG Warhound rumours are to be trusted (I mean, we've been kinda trusting them for some months to keep the discourse alive) Queek is back. But I still don't know if it is to be trusted since I haven't seen any more rumours about it by other rumour-mongers, be it here, tumblr, reddit or anywhere else.

The avatar thing is also kinda messy. It was mentioned once on the tumblr rumour, acompanied by a mention of new verminlords as well if I'm not misscorrect (anyone feel free to quote me the og source here). However, that's a rumour we haven't seen anywhere else as well, and Whitefang back me up seems to have been gone whitout saying, well, anything at all about it. Makes me think that, as some may have guessed on passed pages, that we're getting just new verminlord models and that's it, nothing weirder on the way.

(Ive been suspecting this for a while, but I wanted a post on it's own to voice out my concerns on the matter)

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Cheesation?

Cheese Wars?

Lie Wars?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Ruination is such a strong name. People have been wanting more information about that chamber since we first learned that it exists. You don't see a lot of calls to release the Logister chamber, by comparison. Yeah, cool chamber you got there, nerds. 🤓

• Like 1

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Ruination is such a strong name. People have been wanting more information about that chamber since we first learned that it exists. You don't see a lot of calls to release the Logister chamber, by comparison. Yeah, cool chamber you got there, nerds. 🤓

Well, I don't know... Aren't there librarians in 40K?

32 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Good strategy and heroism wins battles

Good logistics wins wars

• Like 2

200w.gif

I had the exact same thought this morning ! Random thoughts like that… But when I saw people were proposing Vermintide as an alternative, I thought “yeah it sounds great, but the Vermintide name carries such a baggage, it’s probably better.”