The Rumour Thread

axe is definitely not Kharadron or Fyreslayer, and it's very traditional-looking, either a TOW Dwarf or an AoS Grugni one. But the rumor engine has never before teased a TOW model, although this could be the first time. 

4 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Current models for dryads and night gobbos 100% have their days numbered. After updating the zombies, skeletons, saurus, chaos warriors, state troopers (kinda, with steelhelms), now marauders, both these 2 are next on the upgrade block. 

I cant wait to see new Dryads and Grots!! The sculpts they could come up with have the possibility to be the best troop updates yet.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

axe is definitely not Kharadron or Fyreslayer, and it's very traditional-looking, either a TOW Dwarf or an AoS Grugni one. But the rumor engine has never before teased a TOW model, although this could be the first time. 

the exciting question for sure: since HH has a few rumor precedents, could this be the first TOW engine?

to me, if they didn't put any REs out for the Bret and TK stuff, it feels unlikely the rest would get any.

the axe also looks fancier than WHFB dwarves would get, while being not-scifi enough for a Power Axe. Grungni's followers still need tabletop rep, whether as Dispossessed or a separate faction.

since the one thing we do know is the new theme is "weapons" we will have more solidified guesses after waiting (blech) for 2-3 more REs.

what a time to be both a Warhammer and Resident Evil fan 😂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Probably not telling anyone anything they don't know, but if you live near Nottingham and want any (recent) FOMO minis there's a very good chance they are currently available at Warhammer World this week.

I picked myself up two Steel Rooks today. Tempted to pick up a second Darkoath warchief but decided one was enough. You can also get the Fyreslayer and Votann minis, as well as Inquisitor Cartavolnus, as well as many more.

And there was masses of stock in today.

*Cries from Spain*

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I am on the line of those who think that Duardins have more chances to stay than Delfs. They have been mentioned way more lately. If Delfs go, who would you put for the Privateers? Humans?

I think shadow aelves already are part of DoK. Dont really know where they should go with Malerion if it all. I see the Privateers as a swashbuckling pirate aelf subfaction and thats fun enough for me. The naval part of the CoS army.

image.png.4a018a5ada94d4747143102178087c5f.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 5

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I see the Privateers as a swashbuckling pirage aelf subfaction and thats fun enough for me. The naval part of the CoS army.

Arrogant, excentric, but brave and adventurous aelves with a drunk walk like Jack Sparrow ? I could buy immediatly.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

It’s annoying they handle it like that. Just put those models on the web store during an event 😕

Agreed. At the vet least there did be an opportunity to buy these models in, say, December every year for people who can't make it to an event or store anniversary. Ideally they should just be available the year round online.

But of course that doesn't serve the objective of getting people into stores and events...

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

How long have you already been waiting for Zagnog now? Limited minis suck :(

The problem with this I think is that it never has been properly announced. On a random day, they (this and a Stormcast) appeared for sale during an event, and that's all. Am I right?

2 hours ago, Peacaf said:

Do you know that Bretonnia and Khemri had rules and points in AoS? There may come an expansion page or a faq that spiders and savages informing you that they are going to legacy.

Aha, you are talking about removing units from AoS.

Oh yes, if 4th edition starts with indexes there is certainly a possibilty that x amount of old units are removed. Each edition AoS lost some older models. So it is certainly possible that some AoS units are moved to legacy.

What is now in TOW with the Forces of Fantasy and Ravening Hordes will not be removed. You have to see TOW as a mix of HH and Middle Earth releases. Slow release schedule and almost no changing or updating of the core armylists. Stuff will be added through campaign books. I am certain that the books we  got now will still be the same books on sale in 2029 or later. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

Probably not telling anyone anything they don't know, but if you live near Nottingham and want any (recent) FOMO minis there's a very good chance they are currently available at Warhammer World this week.

I picked myself up two Steel Rooks today. Tempted to pick up a second Darkoath warchief but decided one was enough. You can also get the Fyreslayer and Votann minis, as well as Inquisitor Cartavolnus, as well as many more.

And there was masses of stock in today.

was going to head up to Nottingham this weekend to grab a couple for myself. Do they limit what you buy from WHW?

5 minutes ago, tkt32583 said:

was going to head up to Nottingham this weekend to grab a couple for myself. Do they limit what you buy from WHW?

No. You can buy as many as you want. There are "loot groups" where users grab hundreds of pounds worth of material and it is all purely to send over (at cost price + shipping) to other users that cannot go to WHW.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The problem with this I think is that it never has been properly announced. On a random day, they (this and a Stormcast) appeared for sale during an event, and that's all. Am I right?

Iirc it was warhammer fest. 

Iirc x2 the vendor said no to another customer as they were planned for a future event...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peacaf said:

What's left in CoS? 4 profiles of the Empire and as many dwarves, with a Darkoath style box resolved.

Orcs and Goblins in ToW have not taught spiders or savage , so it would not be strange for them to be exclusive to AoS or discontinued.

And Warriors... too popular and best-selling to remove from any game.

I mean... any of those factions disappear, they just get new kits that remplace the older ones. I think it will be the same for beastmen. The BT will stay but what's inside will change. GW never erased a entire faction in AoS in nearly 10 years of existence. 

22 minutes ago, Vagard said:

I mean... any of those factions disappear, they just get new kits that remplace the older ones. I think it will be the same for beastmen. The BT will stay but what's inside will change. GW never erased a entire faction in AoS in nearly 10 years of existence. 

If you count high elves (before they got replaced by lunineth which some might argue isn't a real replacement but that's not the point of this discussion)

Or wanderers who were repackaged into AoS boxes and written about extensively in the lore and who as yet have no proper replacement.

I grant you that no battle tome army has disappeared entirely.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If you count high elves (before they got replaced by lunineth which some might argue isn't a real replacement but that's not the point of this discussion)

Or wanderers who were repackaged into AoS boxes and written about extensively in the lore and who as yet have no proper replacement.

I grant you that no battle tome army has disappeared entirely.

Neither of those were proper factions. They’re subfactions which are far easier to disappear. BoC would be the first actual faction to disappear since the End Times if the rumors about them going are true

• Like 1

Actually i wonder if they were even a subfaction or if the keyword aelf was given to them plus the delves. So yes they have been squatted but we cannot compare this to BoC hypothetical suppression. 

2 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Neither of those were proper factions. They’re subfactions which are far easier to disappear. BoC would be the first actual faction to disappear since the End Times if the rumors about them going are true

That's a little disingenuous. Subfactions are subsets of larger armies.  Both wood and high elves featured in the indexes with their own rules/spells/items/traits etc. While also having enough kits to field entire armies of them without any missing pieces. I'd call them factions just not armies (because they never had their own battletome).