The Rumour Thread

Amazing models. I was never into Chaos factions, but credit where credit is due - out of marauders, GW created a full mini Chaos faction with very distinct aesthetic. This is the first mortal range that can match HoS.

• Like 4

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)

Darkoath look amazing. So much character in each sculpt, like the WHU or Warcry blown up to a full faction. You could really picture backgrounds and stories for every mini. 

The only thing on the 40k side that is coming close to the current AoS design is the Kroot recently. 

My only downer is that they mention the WHU and Warcry Darkoath warbands at the bottom, as both seem to be unavailable when I went to try and buy one :(

With so much detail on each mini, I'd like to get some practice in before committing to a full army box.

Edited by SunStorm

I hate where beasts are at. I should be so psyched about these awesome models and already thinking where and how to convert them into beasts but instead I'm just sitting here thinking "did my army die for this?" And it's such a bummer. 

I really wish Whitefang would debunk or confirm the "beasts are leaving AoS" rumor because not knowing is ruining the hobby for me.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Unless they’re planning on releasing a Super-Elite warband or we’re getting flying Mortek Guard (Hopefully archers, javelineers, or other skirmishers), that wing probably isn’t from Warcry, because I can’t see what role smaller Morghasts would fill, and a 5x unit of regular Morghasts would be too weird of a warband. 

Gogo flying arbalester immortis guard!

Would play only those.

EDIT: flying javeliners seems a thing (prosecutor, khinerai,… Well that is only two units but still =p )

Edited by rattila

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I hate where beasts are at. I should be so psyched about these awesome models and already thinking where and how to convert them into beasts but instead I'm just sitting here thinking "did my army die for this?" And it's such a bummer. 

I really wish Whitefang would debunk or confirm the "beasts are leaving AoS" rumor because not knowing is ruining the hobby for me.

We really do need confirmation on this.

I feel terrible for you @The Red King and other Beasts fans. I myself bought the Tome and Beastlord for my first Chaos Faction but have held off anything else since.

@Whitefang can you please give a Like Reaction that BOC are staying in some fashion whether that be a refresh, a name change or even folded into another Faction.

Or a Sad Reaction if theyre getting cancelled.

10 minutes ago, The Red King said:

It is the negative side of following rumours. Sometimes "living in the ignorance" is better. Imagine it is nothing in the end. All this "suffering" for nothing. My advice, don't let this ruin your hobby. Enjoy it while you can, in the worst-case scenario, and if it ends up happening then you would have plenty of time to think about what to do. But at least you would have enjoyed your army as much as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Now that Darkoath's out the way... leaves space at Adepticon for Lady of Ruin, Khul and the 4th edition reveal ! Maybe not the full box but a SCE and a Skaven with a cinematic trailer ! Let's goooooooooo

The last adepticon was packed. The Lion and the reveal of the last Arks of Omen, CGI trailer for the Leviathan box set, the first look at the CoS, and the full reveal of the new Seraphon. Amazing event. 

This year these are my predictions for the event:

AoS: Launch edition trailer and 2 model remakes shown off for both the Skaven and Stormcast

Dawnbringers book 6 reveals the lady of ruin.

Underworlds: New season

40k: Mysterious codex revealed, rumors say Agents of the Imperium with some models

Kill team: New box with Votaan and Jeanstealer cults

Old world: Dwarf box reveal

HH: Something I guess. Maybe some new resin tanks go to plastic.

43 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Now that Darkoath's out the way... leaves space at Adepticon for Lady of Ruin, Khul and the 4th edition reveal ! Maybe not the full box but a SCE and a Skaven with a cinematic trailer ! Let's goooooooooo

I think the trailer and one mini for each faction would have been present anyways. Now I hope for MOAR!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

The last adepticon was packed. The Lion and the reveal of the last Arks of Omen, CGI trailer for the Leviathan box set, the first look at the CoS, and the full reveal of the new Seraphon. Amazing event. 

This year these are my predictions for the event:

AoS: Launch edition trailer and 2 model remakes shown off for both the Skaven and Stormcast

Dawnbringers book 6 reveals the lady of ruin.

Underworlds: New season

40k: Mysterious codex revealed, rumors say Agents of the Imperium with some models

Kill team: New box with Votaan and Jeanstealer cults

Old world: Dwarf box reveal

HH: Something I guess. Maybe some new resin tanks go to plastic.

What about Warcry? Won't somebody please think of Warcry?

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The fact that you found SFW photos from Berserk is an oddly impressive feat. 

Hey, the manga is not all about ultraviolence and nudity. And it's a major inspiration for dark fantasy that came after... including Warhammer apparently. But we'll never know until GW tells us so, which will never happen.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

33 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Feel ya, mate.

I am definitely continuing with all my BoC conversions, and tbh the Darkoath has me pumped to try out warcry now, but being in limbo sucks. I don't wanna get heavily into AoS (with BoC, which would be the only one I'd happily sink 2000pts into), because I:

A. cannot justify buying models that were out when I was a teenager
and
B. know they'll likely get axed lol.

(with all that being said. that Wilderfiend is getting converted to no end...amazing sculpt)

• Like 6

Im wondering if there is any more to show for the darkoath, as for every release of a new army/ second wave there has been at least one centerpiece model, and while the wilderfiend is great I dont think its big enough to constitute that.

15 minutes ago, lskupien926 said:

Im wondering if there is any more to show for the darkoath, as for every release of a new army/ second wave there has been at least one centerpiece model, and while the wilderfiend is great I dont think its big enough to constitute that.

It’s a sub faction so they may not 

3 minutes ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Can anyone remember how long the IJ index announcement to preorder was?

Do we think this weekend preview (10MAR2024) or next Sunday Preview (17MAR2024)?

It depends on how they focused on the supplement. IJ one was part of the Dawnbringers Book 2, but they didn't get an army box or the printed version of the supplement.

If it follows the IJ style, until we have Book 6 they won't release it. That means after March 24th.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Must be that kind of freedom where you allow some kind of shadowy entity to dominate your entire life, but at least you don't have to pay taxes.

the "dark oaths" they get their name from are taxes though. I get your joke but the Chaos Gods very much also have taxes 😂

Wilderfiends seem to be what happens if you don't pay the tax/honor your oath.

(possibly even worse ones than Order since like Asbestress said Sigmar does not care which non-Chaos god you worship)

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Hey, the manga is not all about ultraviolence and nudity. And it's a major inspiration for dark fantasy that came after... including Warhammer apparently. But we'll never know until GW tells us so, which will never happen.

Indeed, Berserk is a story about the inner-darkness of mankind, the road to redemption and recovery after trauma, and the indomitable spirit needed to confront a world ever sliding into evil and depravity..... hidden behind a massive amount of ultra violence and nudity.

• Thanks 1